May 19th, 2016 by ShamrockOneFive
Game version 2.001 officially ushers in the first expansion to IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad with the new Battle of Moscow release.
Here are some highlights from the update:
- Customers who pre-purchased Battle of Moscow and don’t have Battle of Stalingrad can access the game today (previously only the players who own both theaters of war could play the Battle of Moscow)
- Piloting tips added (they can be switched off in user interface settings)
- Video cutscenes added to Battle of Moscow campaign
- Scenario missions added to Battle of Moscow campaign
- More combinations of weapon modifications are allowed for MiG-3 and P-40
- Pine trees added to forests
- Stalingrad navigation map updated to match the new Moscow map features (visible airfield layouts for instance)
- Joystick IDs won’t be erased during each game update
There are a ton of other updates including some updates and fixes for IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad content too. For those on the fence, Battle of Moscow is everything that Battle of Stalingrad was with plenty of new content (8 regular planes, 2 premium, and the excellent fall and winter Moscow maps) with a slightly revised campaign. It has some of the same flaws too but the whole package is really coming along. A full review is coming later on. Until then!