PDA

View Full Version : Map Bugs

Scrappy_D
13-02-2006, 19:08
On the Charkov map I just went through the ctrl+F2 (on Red Side) to try and view the 'enemy' targets .. but it shows friendly ones and not enemy ones!

Scrappy_D
13-02-2006, 21:36
Bulge map ... AAA is far too accurate :( ... its a big map and have to spend time getting to targets only to get the old aaa wonder shot (either pilot killed, or all controls taken out with 1 hit) ... any chance aaa could be less accurate?

Brcn
13-02-2006, 21:53
On the Charkov map I just went through the ctrl+F2 (on Red Side) to try and view the 'enemy' targets .. but it shows friendly ones and not enemy ones!

I think ctrl+f2 now works for all the static cameras. Shift+f2 does not browse through static cameras anymore.

Bulge map ... AAA is far too accurate ... its a big map and have to spend time getting to targets only to get the old aaa wonder shot (either pilot killed, or all controls taken out with 1 hit) ... any chance aaa could be less accurate?

For which side m8? Is it everywhere in the map, or a particular location?

NS-IceFire
13-02-2006, 22:18
Bulge is using M16 halftracks for defending the Allied targets and I think the German targets are defended by the usual mix of 20mm and 85mm flak batteries.

None of those are any more accurate than the other. The M16 haftrack is usually fairly inaccurate.

What side were you, what were you attacking, with what, and in which target area?

Scrappy_D
14-02-2006, 01:19
It was happening on both sides .. Yorgus and I were repeatly killed with the aaa wonder shots :eek: ... I was on Blue side attacking with A9 ... doing fast S turns on attack and they still managed to wipe me out every time .... Yorgus was doing the same i think on Red side ....

NS-IceFire
14-02-2006, 02:45
This is unsual. Either...

1) Someone changed the weapon types on the ground

2) The accuracy of the M16 halftracks has changed significantly between patches. Those targets used to kick up a heck of alot of flak for very little effect.

Algorex
14-02-2006, 09:41
I can confirm the accuracy of german AAA halftracks in bulge. My Tempest was hammered despite violent rudder evade and +450km/h speed :(

Brcn
21-02-2006, 16:16
*Bump *

57 scenarios (making totally 171 maps with their Blue/Red versions) are running on Server2 and Server1 will also be using the new Server Commander software. As I did many changes in the briefings/plane-loadout limits, created the Blue/Red versions of all the maps with their ini files, there is a high probability that I might have screwed up somewhere. Just give me a heads up when you see something weird.

Special thanks to Bokatar, who helped me to create the Blue/Red versions of the maps, and edited the ini files for plane and loadout limits. I wouldn't have done all these modifications without his help :fluffle: .

Thanks

MajorDamage
21-02-2006, 17:08
Yeah, well done guys, your efforts are much appreciated. :)

LeVola
21-02-2006, 17:40
I flew one early war -41 eastern front map today. I think it is Smolensk2 map.

Plane set is bit funny, reds have American planes in 41 map. I think only country that used American planes on eastern front during summer 41 was Finland :D (Brewsters and Curtiss Hawks)

There is a bug in a brief too. Blue targets are where red targets should be and vice versa. No wonder pilots bomb friendly targets...

Please fix this. I have played same map on both servers.

Brcn
21-02-2006, 21:26
I have just checked Smolensk2 and everything seems fine. The briefings are correct and the American planes for the red side are P39 and P40E. The map was discussed here (http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?t=9952) before.

Are you sure it was Smolensk2?

Incisor
21-02-2006, 22:09
Brcn, I posted this a while ago:

" I got some friendly targets too this evening, on the Smolensk2Blue map. Shouldnt have happend and I regret it too.
However, I was directed to the targets by the brief, which contains a mistake. I think it shows red objectives in blue briefing. Thought I let you know.
Because this was my first sortie to this target ever, I waited for F7 to show targets. And it did. Very strange. Checked my controls, but it really says enemy ground targets=F7. Even after Jtd shot my H111 down it responded. "

But I looked at the briefings in the thread and there it all seems fine. I will check it again next time the map comes up.

LeVola
21-02-2006, 22:22
That is what I ment.
I fly to target grid with my Ju88 and IL2 was there bombing. Then I turned to the grid that blue troops supposed to protect.

And I would like to see no American planes on red side, or maybe if it is -42 map. Or is there something that I miss about planeset?

Brcn
21-02-2006, 23:42
Yes, Firelok, there was a mistake in the briefing but i corrected it.

As for the American planes, it was put there by the mapmaker (Kaster) and noone had objections, so they stayed. But the map is still open for debate of course.

NS-IceFire
22-02-2006, 02:26
Yes, Firelok, there was a mistake in the briefing but i corrected it.

As for the American planes, it was put there by the mapmaker (Kaster) and noone had objections, so they stayed. But the map is still open for debate of course.
Historical accuracy should be a good starting place to determine what sort of planeset is being used. If an aircraft was not at all present in that theater of battle it needs to be asked why that aircraft is in the planeset. If its filling in for something vital then its not a huge problem in my mind...particularly if it doesn't significantly change the balance of the map.

But as pointed out, in 1941 the lend lease thing really wasn't going. Those P-400 models weren't made available until 1942. The US wasn't even in the war till the end of 1941 and their exports were mostly of the aformentioned Curtiss Hawks and Buffalos which were considered second rate and second line to the newest American designs.

I don't see a huge imbalance in the planesets by removing the US made aircraft. If we are looking for a different feel to the aircraft on the map then we need to modify the scenario to be more in-line historically and add whatever was available to the Luftwaffe in 1942 to match.

Brcn
22-02-2006, 09:43
Hi,

The planeset for Smolensk2 is edited, you can check the changes here (http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?p=97845#post97845)

Thanks

LeVola
22-02-2006, 12:39
Thank you Sir. Now it is much better.

Brcn
24-02-2006, 11:06
Update: Targets in Finland, Kuban43 and Prokhorovka are corrected. The server now gives correct report in those maps.

Zorin
25-02-2006, 11:14
I guess the map is called Bulge, winter Bastogne map '44, it has the wrong briefing from a 1941 mission or s.th. like this.

Algorex
26-02-2006, 13:49
On one of the channel4x maps submarines shoot flak through the roof of their pen and is extremely accurate.