PDA

View Full Version : Desert 43

Brcn
23-02-2006, 20:43
Thanks for heads up. I might have missed many things, I am glad you keep them coming :D

Brcn
23-02-2006, 20:49
Well, i uploaded them before the edit :). How long did it take for a team to complete the objectives?

MajorDamage
24-02-2006, 04:58
Guys, let me double check but I've got a feeling the 205 had very very few made. If you want to include it perhaps limit the numbers?

RAF_WhiteEagle
24-02-2006, 07:19
Jtd thats good. Why chnage map only becouse red team didint protec targets and blue work as team. If they wish to play on that map for more then 15 min they have to play as team. If they dont them 5 maps will be passed in 1h like few days ago when me, Ovod and 2 guys complete alll targets.
Protect targets and u will play more on that map.

Brcn
24-02-2006, 08:54
I agree with both of you guys, Kaster and Jtd. I agree with Kaster on the subject of team play, however I agree with JtD, too, as the arrival of the Ju-88 improved the blue team's bombing ability, because it is superior to He-111H-6 in terms of speed and climb rate. It would take ages to take a He with 2*2000kb bombs, so not many people used it.

Also, I think JtD wants to point out the changes that came with the new software; ground pounding became easier because we can't seperate the targets as tanks/artillery etc. We only need to destroy a certain percentage of a target group that is specified as objective, so one might just go and kill the soft targets in that group and achieve the mission objectives, if the objectives aren't considered well enough, which seems the case in this map.

I will increase the percentage, but I won't make it too hard for either team.

Thanks for the feedback.

Brcn

NS-IceFire
24-02-2006, 22:23
Less than 15 minutes, Brcn. A bunch of blues grabbed a Ju-88 each and when they arrived at the target it was game over. The same would happen if a bunch of reds grabbed a P-38 with 2x1000. There has to be some work around the tanks on both sides.

And yes, only a few 205 went into service (esp. of the early series and in Spring 43), but as the 109 and the 190 are both superior (considerable advantage in firepower, at least) I do not think we will see too many of them. Feel free to limit them. (250-300 built iirc, but you shouldn't confuse Italian aircraft production with Soviet, German, British, US or even Japanese. 300 is a lot. ;))
We also have to keep in mind that all of those 205's would serve on the same front at roughly the same time and that the front was not all that large (Italy basically). Its the same with the Spitfire XIV and Tempest V which were basically deployed only to the 2nd TAF foward bases...there weren't that many of them but they were highly visible.

This is in contrast to the countless 109s or P-38s made which served on multiple fronts over vast expanses of territory.

300 is indeed quite a few. Worth it to include the aircraft.