View Full Version : Objective Istra

Firelok
09-05-2006, 03:52
New map for 4.05m Peshka addon...
Winter 41
Time: 0540 Weather:Clear
Name Istra

RED BRIEF
The great counter-offensive has begun, in our sector the army is poised to roll westwards. We must cover the final delivery of war materiel to the front(GRID C3) and destroy all trace of the enemy reinforcements arriving by trains and trucks.(GRID B3)

BLUE BRIEF
Our supply trains have made it through under cover of darkness and are now being unloaded, this activity needs protection from enemy air attack(GRID B3)
The enemy are massing supplies in GRID C3 destroy it all before it is deployed.

PLANES (still considering bonus A/C)
Both side have three airbases, Frontline, Bomber and Fighter
RED
Frontline
I-153M62 light bombs only
Bomber
I-16type24_SPB
Il-2_1941_Late
Pe-2series1
TB-3_4M-34R_SPB
Fighter
LaGG-3series4 Default weapons only
MiG-3ud Default weapons only
Yak-1 Default weapons only
------------------------------------------------------------
BLUE
frontline
CR_42(as Henschel)
Bomber
Bf-109E-7
He-111H-2
Ju-87B-2
Ju-88A-4 No ABs or SCs above 1000kg
Fighter
Bf-109E-7Z
Bf-109F-2

Pics.
red fueltrain at depot
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/firelokc/fueltrain.jpg

blue truck convoy
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/firelokc/crashconvoy.jpg

blue sabotaged train
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/firelokc/sabotagedtrain.jpg

pre-dawn glow
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/firelokc/dawntrain.jpg

(The above untreated Jpegs are a lot darker than the actual sim.)

Other info, the sun rises during the mission increasing visibility and deactivating the searchlights over the targets. Istra is a railway town north of Moscow very near the start positions of the Soviet winter counteroffensive in this area and as such seemed a good candidate for a name.
I'm currently completing Briefs and ini files, not sure about bonus planes (particularly for blue) although might give red a rocket armed Yak7b to harrass blue bombers as no red fighters have rockets at the moment.

Zorin
09-05-2006, 13:24
Cool map, so I guess I won't see mutch, again ;)

But the plane set, if the red bombers stay as they are with no limitations, will unbalance the map quite a bit. Pe-2 carrys more bombs than the He111(and has a speed advatage of 80km/h) and the TB3(2800 + 1000 from I-16 = 3800!! ) more than the Ju and the IL2 has even rockets, and the tiny I-16 has 2 FAB 250(109 7/B has only one 250).

And as there seem to be no hard targets, only trains and trucks, one TB3 run could end the whole map.

Yellow 2
09-05-2006, 17:45
The standard Yak, MiG and LaGG all lack punch in comparison to the 109s.There seems to be a trend toward penalizing aircraft on both sides that are considered to have uber armament. If the choice is not historically accurate fair enough but otherwise why not let people choose what they want and let the chips fall as they will?

Cheers :)

Zorin
09-05-2006, 18:24
The standard Yak, MiG and LaGG all lack punch in comparison to the 109s.There seems to be a trend toward penalizing aircraft on both sides that are considered to have uber armament. If the choice is not historically accurate fair enough but otherwise why not let people choose what they want and let the chips fall as they will?

Cheers :)

Ok, than why even bother to build map.. lets start the "all planes available" kind of game like on other servers....

Firelok
09-05-2006, 20:09
Like I say Zorin this is a lot lighter and bluer when in Sim view,the snowsurface is a lot easier to pot stuff on than say, dark sea surface.
As for the bombers, the TB3(SPB) can carry 28 bombs similar to the He111 and has more with the two i-16 added, true, but the amount of time and trouble spent on the taxiway getting all three A/C joined made for less sorties. My test bomb runs showed the Ju88 with 2x2000kg bombs really did nuke the targets and the He111 H6 2x2000kg too. The red fighters are limited in ground attack ordinance out of fairness really, there is only one blue fighter that can carry a bomb available. Could have allowed the reds access to rockets/gunpods/bombs and such, but would have had to beef up red targets immensely, with no guarantee the ordinance would be used as such.

---Update---
Brief,.ini and such completed... bonus Planes are Bf109F-4 for blue and Yak 7b(w.rockets) for red.
I am submitting this today.

Zorin
09-05-2006, 20:16
Like I say Zorin this is a lot lighter and bluer when in Sim view,the snowsurface is a lot easier to pot stuff on than say, dark sea surface.
As for the bombers, the TB3(SPB) can carry 28 bombs similar to the He111 and has more with the two i-16 added, true, but the amount of time and trouble spent on the taxiway getting all three A/C joined made for less sorties. My test bomb runs showed the Ju88 with 2x2000kg bombs really did nuke the targets and the He111 H6 2x2000kg too. The red fighters are limited in ground attack ordinance out of fairness really, there is only one blue fighter that can carry a bomb available. Could have allowed the reds access to rockets/gunpods/bombs and such, but would have had to beef up red targets immensely, with no guarantee the ordinance would be used as such.

---Update---
Brief,.ini and such completed... bonus Planes are Bf109F-4 for blue and Yak 7b(w.rockets) for red.
I am submitting this today.

The TB3 has 28 x FAB 100 = 2800kg. The He111 has 30 x SC50 = 1680kg. Where is that simular?

And as red has the IL2 with lots of rockets, I don't see why it is a sign of fairness to not give rockets to the fighters? You had to do that, cause it was the only valid solution for not going overboard completely.

Algorex
09-05-2006, 20:53
Zorin main point of taking the rockets of on red fighters is actually due the fact that every half decent pilot can shoot a he-111 down with em, making these nimble and fast (by default pretty lightly armed) planes "über".

On the subject of bombers it's safe to insert any TB-3 variant, just bacause they are 1933 design with 1933 speed so the "one TB3 run could end the whole map" usually takes about as much as 2-3 Pe-2/Ju-88 runs that also could end the map.

From what i have read pe-2 and ju-88 seem a good match-up former being faster and nimbler and latter making it up on payload and durability.

Any mission happening in a "non-stantard" weather/time of day is in my book a welcome one.

Firelok
10-05-2006, 00:36
The IL2 is there to ground attack and red have more tank targets to take out because of this.
Give reds rocket armed fighters and I guarantee you there will be complaints about 'red bias'. Some older maps have already had the rockets restricted on them for this reason(e.g. Sevastapol ).

Zorin
10-05-2006, 01:03
Why do you all get me wrong?? I share your opinion that restricting the rockets on the red fighters is right.

Yellow 2
10-05-2006, 09:49
Ok, than why even bother to build map.. lets start the "all planes available" kind of game like on other servers....

That sounds very hasty and ill considered ! If you had taken the time to read and understand my post the point I was making was that, as a long time red team flier, in my experience Russian aircraft are undergunned and if historically correct could use more fire power. As for Mk108s on German aircraft again if historically correct why not? If one side is seen to have an advantage would that not be as it was? A discussion of the pros and cons is always preferable to shooting from the hip.

Firelok
05-06-2006, 15:13
More Thx JTD :)

Firelok
06-06-2006, 01:04
I'm OK with reducing the AAA, can do that. But I don't know how to alter respawn time, it's not something I've ever seen. Maybe I've misunderstood something. If you could explain that would be a great help.
The unrestricted loadouts on red planes really didn't seem to affect things that much, I was surprised.

Firelok
06-06-2006, 16:37
[RespawnTime]
Searchlight 60

So this ^^^^ would respawn the searchlights a minute after they were shot.
What do you think is the 'native' respawn times of AAA etc.
If AAA respawn was set to 3600 it wouldn't respawn for an hour?
37mm will be removed. :)

Firelok
07-06-2006, 18:32
New respawn times added (searchlights back after minute other objects an hour), excessive AAA over targets toned down(inc. removing pesky 37mm and flakwaggon) some static cameras removed, ordinance restrictions for reds now in force. The only rocket armed fighter is the Yuk7, I-153s have bombs the same as Cr42(Henschels)