PDA

View Full Version : Rotations

reverendkrv
30-05-2006, 13:30
hope this is right section...

just a quicky asking what chances for map rotations being laid out as,e.g

ETO,WTO,PTO,etc etc

is there a lack of PTO & WTO maps?

I know a LOT of FB community dont like PTO,because they are stuck in a rut & dont want to learn flying new planes ;)

but just the other day...there were 4 ETO maps,followed by a WTO map...then back to ETO.(the WTO map lasted 30minutes,if that)

I dont know about you guys,but after x amount of time ETO seems like the same stuff,and for some strange reason they have a longer initial running time(2 hours??)

just a few thoughts,not poking the mapmakers/anyone else,just wondering aloud...

Rev

Daytrader
30-05-2006, 13:49
agree with rev for once ;) by the way ive not been around last few days been playing cs source with elmer, and quake 3 and cod 2 a bit, just to keep me hands in them games. :o

Zorin
30-05-2006, 15:16
Already posted this in the Map Submissions thread:

"And we should bring up a vote with all maps and a short description so we can establish a good map circle without any unwanted maps. Right now, we have some sort of chaos, which I can't stand at all.

Making this a monthly or quarterly arrangement should prove to be pretty valuable."

Firelok
30-05-2006, 18:38
"And we should bring up a vote with all maps and a short description so we can establish a good map circle without any unwanted maps. Right now, we have some sort of chaos, which I can't stand at all. "

Chaos is what you are going to get If you are letting people vote on these things,
' I hate these early war maps', 'I hate these late war maps', ' I hate pacific maps', ' I hate maps with the La5FN', ' Not more cr*ppy planes', 'I hate Japanese planes' 'Oh no not overmodelled spits' ' Not another desert map'
I paraphrase here but I've seen a few opinions voiced on these lines. :rolleyes:
But, 'You can't please all of the people all of the time, only some of the people some of the time.'
Perhaps finding out what people want more of might be better, then adding this tailored content to the substantial map list already present. Accounting also for the differences between the two servers' 'character' (if I can say that.)

Another thought is that a new map's first priority is to be different than what's already included, scenarios in specific theatres can become scarce.

Does the next addon 'Manchuria' constitute the worst possible case scenario for unpopular planes? Early russian vs Japanese? or is it a turn/dogfighter's dream combo?