PDA

View Full Version : Objective_Desert2

Commander Keen
17-06-2006, 02:40
Yo guys and girls, its that time again... i have just started playing again and some of the maps are a bit off, i think so anyways!

Objective_Desert2: Blue still have the Me109G-2, i know the map is 1942, but as far as i know the 109G-2 didn't fly in Africa at that time. And if the map is NOT there to be somewhat historical correct then okay thats fine by me... then just make some even planesets!

Say.... ADD:

Spitfire Mk. IXc (It became operational about the same time as the 109G-2)
Mosquito (I know it served in Africa, and red really needs a bomber to attack the tanks with)
But adding the Spitfire Mk. IXc as Bonus plane wont work... because Blue have the 109G-2 from standard, and get the 190-4.

Then it would be Spitfire Mk. Vb/IXc & the American once (Which are pretty useless agains the 109G-2 and the 190A-4!) vs. 109F/G-2 & 190A-4 in the fighter part, and Mosquito vs. Me 110G-2/JU-87 on the Fighter Bomber role.
It would add out alot more even than the current set.

Firelok
17-06-2006, 03:46
Of course submitting your own designed maps quickest way to a happy heart commanderkeen ;)

Yellow 2
17-06-2006, 09:31
Objective_Desert2: Blue still have the Me109G-2, i know the map is 1942, but as far as i know the 109G-2 didn't fly in Africa at that time. .

Hans-Joachim Marseille was killed at the end of September 1942 when he bailed out of his Bf109G. This aircraft may have been a G-1/Trop with dust filter and the cowling MG 17s replaced MG 131s giving it the nickname 'the Bump' although I can find no confirmation of this in my references.

The G-2 was apparently the same as the G-1 but without cabin pressurization or the GM 1 nitrous oxide pack so the time frame is about right.

The problem with adding aircraft such as the MKIX Spit is that unless numbers are severely restricted, as can be done on UKD2, then everyone on the red team flies them as they are the 'best' plane available and it turns into another Spitfire v 109 map. Personally I don't mind flying red and at a disadvantage if it means getting to fly a good mix of allied aircraft on one map but then again each to his or her own .

Cheers :)

bokatar
17-06-2006, 09:57
Oh dear not again :(

Look mate, I've never seen you ONCE appreciating all the hard work the admins and map-makers do here, only complaining, whining, criticizing about blue side this, blue side that. Not all maps are going to be the way you like them to be, let's clear that up. Moreover you've yet to complain about a map that reds have an advantage over blue side, I've never seen that either (and don't tell me there is none)..

Sorry but sometimes you and a couple of other guys just drive people crazy here with your neverending criticism.