PDA

View Full Version : MapMakers what map you Update

RAF_WhiteEagle
18-06-2006, 11:03
We have many maps and few people work on them. To avoid situation when 3 guys working on same map we shouls type what map you want to change and second mapmaker can focus on other.

I update:

BobRed
Tunis
Kursk
Warszawa
Kotka
Novogrod
Channel44

Soon i will post what i change.

I wonder if we consider to remove bonus planes and red,blue versions of map.
This bonus map are same as orginal only bonus planes. And sometimes thanks to that we have loop of 3-4 maps. I didint play BoB missions since 2 months
Also insted of this bonus map we can have more new maps(even old once)

Firelok
18-06-2006, 11:47
UK1maps
Objective_Berlin
Objective_Spain
Objective_Smolensk
Objective_Balkans
Objective_Singapore
I don't think anyone else is doing these, anyway good idea this thread Kaster.
Posting what changes have happened, one thread for each map, seems like a good idea too.

RAF_WhiteEagle
18-06-2006, 12:46
If u agree u can take Western map(Normandy maps Africa nad Pacific) and I Russian front.

Second idea airbase AAA cover 4x Flak guns 6x low caliber.
Targets 1 AAA per 10 targets.

Zorin
18-06-2006, 12:55
If u agree u can take Western map(Normandy maps Africa nad Pacific) and I Russian front.

Second idea airbase AAA cover 4x Flak guns 6x low caliber.
Targets 1 AAA per 10 targets.

You won't get far with this AAA idea Kaster. Just think of a regular four base map with 60 targets for each side. That would make 28 AAA guns total, not taking into count what you describe as "low caliber". That would make it one hell of a laggy mess.

RAF_WhiteEagle
18-06-2006, 13:37
You won't get far with this AAA idea Kaster. Just think of a regular four base map with 60 targets for each side. That would make 28 AAA guns total, not taking into count what you describe as "low caliber". That would make it one hell of a laggy mess.

Maybe to far with AAA over target area.

RAF_WhiteEagle
18-06-2006, 15:13
If u agree Firelok then i will update:

Balta
Byelorussia
Channel44
Finland
Kotka
Kursk
Moscow
Motherland
Novogrod
Prokhorovka
Tunis
Warszawa

Rest fo map is all yours :D

Ill add planes like C-47 Me-323 and many more

NS-IceFire
18-06-2006, 15:25
I would suggest not working on huge lists and do one at a time. Announce it here and do your work and we'll collectively work through things. I have yet to download the package but I'll be looking at stuff.

AutumnStorm has already been upgraded...I haven't seen it but Zorrin has and I haven't heard any complaints yet.

Firelok
18-06-2006, 15:38
New autumn storm is very good, new target placements excellent the airspace between the target airfields for both sides is alive with fighters/bombers you name it :)

RAF_WhiteEagle
18-06-2006, 16:10
Well im not saying i will do it all today but what i would like to update if its needed.
I just upolad this maps to my il2 game and i will look at them and see if they need to be corrected.
Now im working on maps in first post on this thread.

NS-IceFire
18-06-2006, 16:58
Ok...I'm going to update Singapore since thats the only map I seemingly am able to login and play :)

(Its always on)

NS-IceFire
18-06-2006, 22:13
Are we planning to keep the Red and Blue maps? Or ditch those?

I've done some work on the Singapore map. Its more detailed and more lively but without going over the top. Also the same treatment to the Solomons map. Better target spacing and some attention to detail. Otherwise the same.

Scrappy_D
18-06-2006, 22:38
Currently we are discussing the bonus plane system in the admin/supporter section but it's looking like the consensus is to dispose of them, so please do not bother with red/blue parts for now ... just the main maps chaps :)

NS-IceFire
19-06-2006, 23:43
Currently we are discussing the bonus plane system in the admin/supporter section but it's looking like the consensus is to dispose of them, so please do not bother with red/blue parts for now ... just the main maps chaps :)
Main maps chaps it is :)

I heard that there may be a move to dispense with it. It may be the cause for some maps never getting any play while others get shown constantly.

Firelok
20-06-2006, 12:27
UK1maps
Objective_Berlin
Objective_Spain
Objective_Smolensk
Objective_Balkans
Objective_Singapore

I've done some work on the Singapore map. Its more detailed and more lively but without going over the top. Also the same treatment to the Solomons map. Better target spacing and some attention to detail. Otherwise the same.

We've got a double booking here^^^^ It's a Singapore shootout...
I'm interested to see what we've done different from same starting conditions...

Scrappy_D
20-06-2006, 15:14
Main maps chaps it is :)

I heard that there may be a move to dispense with it. It may be the cause for some maps never getting any play while others get shown constantly.Hopefully with the reworking of the less popular maps they will be played more. Well thats the theory :D

Also it makes working out the rotation some what easier :)

Cheers for all the work so far chaps

S!

NS-IceFire
20-06-2006, 22:46
We've got a double booking here^^^^ It's a Singapore shootout...
I'm interested to see what we've done different from same starting conditions...
My apologies. I hadn't seen that on your list.

I've mostly just fixed some things up. I've added the Buffalo Mark I as a flyable aircraft (it was the primary fighter in the theater, Hurricane II's came later) by default. I've fixed up the target areas a bit as well. Also I've added some small details to two fields that I commonly see being used as emergency landing areas for Hurricanes and Ki-43's.

Its not a bad map for placement so I didn't want to screw around with the balance too much. I just want it to look a little better and fix up the plane choices to be a little more historical. I don't think the Buffalo Mark I is any great hit to the balance...its a pretty underpowered aircraft in comparison to the B-239.

Firelok
21-06-2006, 11:55
I'm going to deal with some of Sevastapol's issues if I can, I'll post about my changes.

RAF_WhiteEagle
23-06-2006, 07:52
Firelok and guys i update my list of maps i want to do. I decide to make list shorter becouse i will not have days off soon.

Firelok
23-06-2006, 11:48
Lol spent most of yesterday afternoon having fun altering Kursk and then discovered in the evening it's on your list, must pay closer attention before starting another update. :o

Firelok
23-06-2006, 12:00
Right, I'm going to have a look at Birma43. Think I'll start with spelling Burma correctly and go from there. :)
Might do Belgorod too if noone else is.

Zorin
23-06-2006, 12:49
Shouldn't you wait for the new Burma map, anything else would be pointless, IMO.

Firelok
23-06-2006, 16:20
A couple of hours servicing a venerable and very popular map is worth the effort I think. New Burma maps can always provide new scenarios when they show up, something involving the Royal Indian Air Forces perhaps. :)

Firelok
26-06-2006, 06:59
Going to attend to Kerch hope this is OK.

RAF_WhiteEagle
27-06-2006, 10:06
S!

I just end upgrading maps. I must say that i just change few things:
move targets bit left or right.
On Moscow map i remove Mig 3 with shavaks and Am-38.
And all that little things.

Firelok
01-07-2006, 10:40
Been dealing with Channel42, for UK2 purposes.