PDA

View Full Version : Italy Added

Firelok
15-09-2006, 20:02
As per Gordano's request I've added the Italy map.
I've done very little really...
altered brief to new format.
and added a sprinkling of new airfield objects.
Italy comes after Vadso and before Berlin on the rotation I've updated
the maplist thread to show this.
It's possible that Server commander may show the targets in a different
location than those in the breif, because Houffalise lies across 4 grids.
If this is the case please note down SC's target locations and post it here
so as I can update the breif correctly,thx.

the_vicar
15-09-2006, 21:04
Mmmmmm...... :cool:

Gordano
15-09-2006, 22:21
Firelok you da man :fluffle:

Firelok
16-09-2006, 03:06
Ok, a little problemette showed up when flying this tonight, the two red targets in the town centre mimic each other when one loses target number after an attack so does the other, I think the target radii (have i spelt that right?) overlap, I shall look at this. And as JtD has suggested make the blue targets a little more pleasing(and satisfying.) to attack. I'll post when I've tweaked a bit.

Zorin
16-09-2006, 03:09
And please add a 210 and keep an eye on the AAA density of the blue targets. There were usually 5 25mm shooting at me. Bit tough maybe.

Firelok
16-09-2006, 03:15
And please add a 210 and keep an eye on the AAA density of the blue targets. There were usually 5 25mm shooting at me. Bit tough maybe.
Yep I'll include that as a reworking of Blues Targets, flak over the city is pretty evil too. my opinions about flak in general are that it should be there to keep the attack aware but defending the target is the job of fighters, if they don't do it tough.So overall I prefer lighter flak over targets but vicious flak over airfields :D

Algorex
16-09-2006, 11:31
AFAIK there just two AAA site inside Houffalize, around the HQ and between the river and train station.

The targets for blues have long annoyed me as there's artillery batteries in the open with tank and truck columns behind them on a road. Maybe the artillery should be moved somewhere more sheltered and the tanks turned to face the enemy lines just 1km away from the road, trucks could be placed near the artillery.

Firelok
16-09-2006, 14:25
Ok, the changes I've made and not made.
1. Station area and Flak batteries unaltered.
2. Industry targets thinned a little (tanks removed.) some of the vehicles have been moved outside the buildings making this a little more obvious as a target.
3. Red's now have only one target, the two targets before caused problems because a radius large enough to include the Station and the HQ also included the industrial targets and vice versa.So effectively the station,HQ and Industry all are part of the same target count now.
4. Blues more interesting target....
Divisional Headquarters.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/firelokc/HQ.jpg
5.Blues have a less dispersed set of targets but involves more armour,half-tracks and also an artillery spotting unit using a hardtop road as a landing strip.
6.I did remove the Ferdinands near 'Cassino' and the dispersed artillery batteries.
7.He111 and Ju88 will be limited to 2x1000kg bombs.(which is still enough to ruin the HQ above in one go.)
8. Added Me210.

Just one thought, I wondered why there was only Clipped Wing Spitfires here.Seems a little unusual? (not mucked with this BTW)

Zorin
16-09-2006, 14:40
Just one thought, I wondered why there was only Clipped Wing Spitfires here.Seems a little unusual? (not mucked with this BTW)

Cause flown right, even in a clipped wing, you are untouchable in a Spit IXc in this scenario. Neither of the german fighters can climbed with her or stay in a turn for a decent amount of time. Even got a track of two blues (109Late) trying to down a Spit IX on this map. Really embarrassing sight.

Algorex
16-09-2006, 16:09
If you want to be untouchable take a p-51 or a p-38 :D

Firelok
16-09-2006, 16:15
No I didn't change the base content's for red. You think I should separate them again? Or have they been added as RAF versions of these planes???
BTW there's lots of trucks/APC's Jeeps etc to go with the tanks.

Firelok
17-09-2006, 12:27
Can you please remove the Klingon cloaking device?

I have a book about the Imperial Klingon Defence Force's assault on Monte Cassino, I thought it best to be accurate about these things. :p
P.S. There is now a flyable NCC-1701-a available for blues at southern airfield, should even things up :D