PDA

View Full Version : Burma Map Details

NS-IceFire
16-09-2006, 00:56
Ian Boy's has posted these shots on SimHQ and elsewhere...

http://www.futureastro.com/air5/fb/Burma_FMBmap.jpg
http://www.futureastro.com/air5/fb/vultee.jpg
http://www.futureastro.com/air5/fb/Vc2_ss.jpg

Depending on how well this map performs online...this may be great for a scenario or two (particularly in the north west of the map).

Firelok
16-09-2006, 02:47
It looks enormous, wow :eek:

NS-IceFire
18-09-2006, 02:08
Apparently its not huge...just a generous size.

Happy
18-09-2006, 12:16
I wonder how that would hold up online. as is such i recall having lag problems with the big jet map, yet that's because it got so much stuff on there I think.

and yesterday a big late 45 map with the japanese was deemed totally unflyable which resulted of retiring early since one can only shake ones head when you see bandits warping through the sky and one time even getting hit without even seeing tracers or anything. and it's not for not looking.

even a ping of 20 or low settings couldn't prevail. well maybe it was just to busy..
strange that most problems I seem to encounter are with late era maps. ah well..

some maps seem to go much better when not so many people are on I've noticed.

this however looks pretty nice. the allied will be the underdog with planes and performance yet that would be very good and realistic. :-) where can I sign up for the allies?

Algorex
18-09-2006, 13:41
AFAIK early on the few hurries and buffalos retreating from singapore where in trouble with relatively large number of ki-43s (yes AVG with p-40s was there too), but from autumn 1943 on balance in the air clearly shifted to favour the allies. Think spitfires, p-40E/Ms , liberators, beaufighters and hurribombers vs ki-43s and later in 1944/5 spitfire VIIIs and thunderbolts totally outnumbering the few ki-84s send to burma.

Xiola
18-09-2006, 17:51
I wonder how that would hold up online. as is such i recall having lag problems with the big jet map, yet that's because it got so much stuff on there I think.

and yesterday a big late 45 map with the japanese was deemed totally unflyable which resulted of retiring early since one can only shake ones head when you see bandits warping through the sky and one time even getting hit without even seeing tracers or anything. and it's not for not looking.

even a ping of 20 or low settings couldn't prevail. well maybe it was just to busy..
strange that most problems I seem to encounter are with late era maps. ah well..

some maps seem to go much better when not so many people are on I've noticed.

this however looks pretty nice. the allied will be the underdog with planes and performance yet that would be very good and realistic. :-) where can I sign up for the allies?

THat sounds like Icefires late map with the USSAF/RAF vs Japanese. Did it have a flyable B29, Happy?

I noticed problems particularly at the start of the map, but after 3 or 4 big pauses it got much better.

NS-IceFire
18-09-2006, 22:11
Happy, do you have 512mb of RAM or 1GB of RAM? Do you have a static page file or dynamic (default)?

Yes that is my map and its run fine every time I've been on it. A few people seem to have trouble with warping. I may make some AI adjustments and see what the issue is but I suspect it may have to do with a few people having weaker machines not capable of dealing with the multiplayer aspects and just barely get by on the small maps. I also supect that some folks are so loaded down with spyware and toolbars and all sorts of other crap on their machines that even their super high end rigs are getting eaten alive.

Its sad when my 4 year old AMD 2700+ can outperform some guy who just bought his super dual core rig. Its happened!

Algorex
18-09-2006, 23:46
Happy was refering to the Leyte map IIRC.

NS-IceFire
19-09-2006, 00:47
Lyete is 1944...although it could be a lag fest if it wanted to be. But I had thought that sorted.

Happy did leave just before I joined the Kyushu map. One or two people complained about lag problems but they were the only ones...and the server was full at the time so it must not be killer. I'll still look at making it more efficient.