PDA

View Full Version : can you add second blue base in Bocagered map?

Crashin'Sakai
10-10-2006, 00:23
I have just logged off from Bocagered map, because it was just unpleasant playing --- 4 reds vs 4 blues, but 3 spits 25lb camping right near the only blue base waiting for take-off of 3 blue bombers and a Fw (me). We blues ended up waiting for a long time hoping the reds retreat. One blue (Radener, I think) lost patience and braved to take off and you know what happened next. Then I managed to take off but a spit dove from high on me soon after. I refused to be shot at and bailed.

This kinda situaiton is not very rare when the number of players is down to single digit, which is often the case in north American dinner hours. Adding a second base would ease such poblematic situation caused by base-campers. I am not going to name the names (all three are European players and one of them I already named here before), but I wonder why some people just don't get it.... Don't do what you don't want others to do against you, it's that simple. :(

While typing this, already everybody seems to have left the server (but Raedner) --- this is often how the UK1 server goes into sleep after European midnight (but prematurely for north American players) because players with decency leave. Sad.

NS-IceFire
10-10-2006, 00:37
Bocage red? This is 4.04 on UK-1?

Mmmm probably a problem with Bocage on UK-2 as well. I'll look into that.

stanford
10-10-2006, 03:03
We have so many maps now that it's been a while since I've played Bocage on UK2. I can't remember any problems with it when I last played it, although I suppose I had 20+ on the server to contend with.

In conculsion, I suppose this is a useless post. Mind you, do any of you drink Singha beer? Fantastic.

NS-IceFire
10-10-2006, 04:27
Nope never tried or seen that beer :)

Tried Moosehead? Or Alexander Keiths?

I'll look into adding a second base as base attacks do tend to happen. It'd probably be a very long way away and not be used much.

Xiola
10-10-2006, 07:09
Keep spwaning and sit on the sirfield, as you see them coming in to attack respawn.

Hopefully they will get hit by AAA if you do this a few times.

Try and find a plane with a top turret also if oyu can and shoot them until they attack.

Algorex
10-10-2006, 09:16
This could be a solitary thing as it had three quite unique features: bocagered with spit 25lbs, small amount of players and comparatively big amount of less-than-honourable players.

Usually on bocage few spitfires try to make there way towards the single enemy base, but the FWs cut them down pretty efficently.

If there's going to be another blue base, it could be placed on the east side of the current one as the train target is rarely protected by blue fighters.

LeVola
10-10-2006, 13:11
Like Stan said many maps, dont remember that one, bocage, but I belive that sometimes base camping is a problem. ( I dont base camp ;) )

Crashin'Sakai
10-10-2006, 14:41
Stanford is right, maybe Thai beer will resolve all the world's problems. To be serious, is it that good? I should try sometime at our favorite Thai restaurant.

Algorex is also right, this kind of situation can't arise when 20 players are around and 10 of them are flying at any given moment. Thus during the regular gaming time in European time zones, this does not happen. Unfortunately, my residences are located in the east coast across the pond. This means that once in a while I encounter problematic situation like this. One of the 3 red flyers I mentioned did the same before when no admins were around, and I posted about him sometime ago.

And, it's a vicious cycle. Once some good north American players encounter this, they will not come back and fly in this great server, hence the number of players are less than adequate, which creates opportunities for non-courteous players to think they can get away base camping etc. when no admins are around. The situation I described took place immediately after Doc went to bed.

NS-IceFire
09-01-2007, 01:03
Bocage updates forthcoming.

I've placed a second base at Argentan with Bf109G-6 Late and FW190A-6 as flyable options. Argentan is a fair distance from the rest of the battle but its about 4 squares from the train targets (and 5-6 squares to most of the battle area). Its not completely practical from a distance standpoint but the terrain is too hilly on this map to use a static ship runway.

Also, based on request, I've added limited numbers of Bf109G-14's (10 to be exact) to the main Luftwaffe airfield.

Some very slight tweaks to the air base layouts and target areas. The main Luftwaffe base now has some extra AAA defense in the form of 4 of those new 37mm batteries in the two nearby towns. The new 37mm's are effective up to about 4000m (as we found on the Berlin map) and their spread on the map should discourage base campers as they will be sitting in medium flak range all over the immediate airbase area. If this continues to pose a problem I may put in a couple more 37mm or 20mm batteries in the surrounding area. I want to avoid lagging things out but on the other hand I want to make things unpleasant for the campers.

Crashin'Sakai
09-01-2007, 01:53
Thank you Ice.