PDA

View Full Version : shh, it's Rhineland...

Firelok
26-10-2006, 02:23
As hinted at in this location...http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?t=11828
I've been at work making a fantasy winter 45-46 map. The central idea being to get some unused and unusual planes off the shelf and onto a server near you.
I've done pics on the above thread so i'll keep it plain here.
Planes.

RED
YP-80A
P-38L_Late
P-47D-27
P-47D
P-51D-20NA
MustangIII
SpitfireMkIXeCLP
SpitfireMkIXeHF
SpitfireMkIX25lbs
TempestMkV
BLUE
Bf-109G-14
Bf-109K-4
Bf-109K-4C3
Bf-109Z
Do-335A-0
Fw-190A-9
Fw-190D-9_Late
Ta-152H-1
Fw-190F-8
Go-229A-1

So the central head to head is YP80s vs Go229 'Horten' I thought about He162's but they're just too much for the YP80 I think. Someone can get them out after the russian jets etc are out in VVS46.
Other unusual 'feature' is low-level snow clouds that may cover the prop fighter bombers a little, the weather is beautiful above 2000m and the cloud-deck below is nice. However i realise this might be too much for some folks (snow/turbulence.) so I've created a 'Diet'/ low-fat version too if this becomes an issue.Anyways this is never going to be part of the main sequence of maps and will remain Admin-called and it's called Rhineland.

NS-IceFire
26-10-2006, 02:47
Beautiful! People are wusses when it comes to weather...they can't handle it. Some folks I think would be happy with 12:00 noon clear all the time :)

Looking forward to playing this...the YP-80 is a gem of a fighter and the Go-229 is a great challenge. Probably a good mix...the YP-80 is slower but easier to fly.

Happy
26-10-2006, 11:42
Yahoo !!! we got some weather coming in the maps,
this should be great fun, rain, snow, thunderstorms, low clouds.
can't wait to shake about in the cockpit. :p

Chatanooga
26-10-2006, 15:12
Looks good mate, is this up on the server now, and what map does it call when finished ?

Gordano
26-10-2006, 15:35
I think if memory serves me correctly, as the map is not in the actual rotation it should simply skip one map and the rotation continues as normal.

Ie. if the rotation was Murmansk -> Berlin -> Autumn Storm and you loaded Rhineland when Murmansk was running, Berlin would be skipped and then Autumn Storm loads once Rhineland has ended.

Firelok
26-10-2006, 18:19
I think if memory serves me correctly, as the map is not in the actual rotation it should simply skip one map and the rotation continues as normal.

Ie. if the rotation was Murmansk -> Berlin -> Autumn Storm and you loaded Rhineland when Murmansk was running, Berlin would be skipped and then Autumn Storm loads once Rhineland has ended.
Wow weird and spooky Gordano based powers. Rather than leave things to chance if this map ran out of time I'd prefer it to call something just in case. So I thought 'Sevastopol again, Naah.' I'll call Berlin cos thats late war too. weird that Gordanos example should be Berlin. As long as one map calls another there can be a whole other sequence of 'unusual' maps that arn't a part of the main cycle.

Sonko
26-10-2006, 20:30
I think it might be a litle too hard for the Go229 because it is not as maneuverable than the Yp80 and it needs very much time to speed up.
Me and three friends have tested this situation on a LAN and the Yp80 was clearly the superior fighter because the Go229 is so easy to hit because of its size and it the six cal 50. guns make the Go229 burn as hell and the german delta-fighter won't get a shot. Shure, the two MK 103 cannons will let the Yp80 explode very fast but what can I do with very heavy cannons directed fowards when I can't use them because the enemy has parked at my six and I can't get rid of him.
I think the HE162 will be good to support the Go229 and will not be too dangerous because its engine is not armored and is easily to hit ant hasn't much ammo.
And I think there are also enough high-power piston fighters on the red side that are able to shoot down the blue jet fighters.

Regards Sonko

NS-IceFire
26-10-2006, 22:12
Me-262 fights the YP-80 on fairly even terms I think. All of the German jets are faster...although not always accelerating as quickly. I could take on a He-162 in a YP-80...its doable.

Firelok
26-10-2006, 22:59
I think the Go229 might do alright depending on how it's flown. Adding the He162 or Me262's is still an option if the Go229s are dominated out of the sky.
Really taking all of the blue planes including 1945 dora and the Do335 should give a right old dust up above the clouds. We shal see however. ;)

Firelok
27-10-2006, 01:53
Ok we tested the full fat version this evening and I'm afraid we're going to have to go with the 'diet' version. So a lot less clouds and no snow :( diet version nice pink morning skies with full sun after 15-20mins and no turbulence or laggy cloud flying.
As far as the planes go the Go229 was outclassed as Sonko says due to it needing time to get up to speed. I think it's a bit like the Me110 if you catch someone it makes a real mess but on your own your in trouble.It turns really well though guess it's all that wing area.
So as well as shifting the blue jets to a better base I've added limited numbers of the following He162,Me262A-1a(fighter)Me262A-2(fighter-bomber) and the Me-262 A-1a/U4 cause it's just so mental and shooting tanks with it is great.
Tweaked Reds tank targets (less Tigers more Panthers.) added more Shermans to blow up for blues.
Anyways people had fun on this I hope the changes improve it more.

Boemher
27-10-2006, 02:42
I loved the snow Firelok just can the turbulence or tone it down a shade. I was getting buffeted around to the point where landing was tough and gunnery was impossible :)

As for Go229 ... Who wants to fly jets where there are so many lovely piston engined planes ! I like hiding in the clouds in my D9 incase I get a spanking from a P80 :D

Firelok
27-10-2006, 09:44
I loved the snow Firelok just can the turbulence or tone it down a shade. I was getting buffeted around to the point where landing was tough and gunnery was impossible :)
:D
Unfortunately the wind and turbulence is a difficulty setting not an environment effect, although they are linked. So we can't have rain/snow without low-altitude buffeting/wind-shear :(
So I'll have to go with the no-snow diet version.

Gordano
27-10-2006, 11:12
I'm no expert on the various weather settings available, but is it possible to have the clouds set as overcast or something similar. So we still get part of the atmosphere without the buffeting etc?

Boemher
27-10-2006, 11:31
Unfortunately the wind and turbulence is a difficulty setting not an environment effect, although they are linked. So we can't have rain/snow without low-altitude buffeting/wind-shear :(
So I'll have to go with the no-snow diet version.

If thats the case Id like to keep the turbulence and snow if they are inextricably linked. Its a nice change, a while back Icefire had a map where a thunderstrom was raging, the Germans had ships to attack and the Russians had tanks. think it was on the Libau map. It was great, very atmospheric.

Our maplist can afford to have the odd bit of bad weather. It is important to keep because below 1000m is a refuge for Jabos and prop fighters. If weather was cleared up including thining of clouds P80 would own prop fighters. It can stay in a turnfight more than the Go229 or Me262. As it is now theres a two tier scenario where props and bombers are fighting in the mist and snow and jets, P47s and Bf 109s are up high in above cloud base dogfighting it out.

Firelok
27-10-2006, 12:45
What 'ticks me off' the most about this is that under the clouds I get good frame-rates and above is good of course. But in the clouds it's pitiful, hope Storm of War models these things better including the take-off dustclouds.
What I'd like to suggest is that we try the 'diet' version and then maybe switch back to full-fat.(so really this is my own issues cropping up.)
Ice's great map Sevastopol44 has harsh rainy weather conditions with low-down wind shear that's just evil, however so many lightweights ran off from it or voted it off the server I didn't put it back in the list when I did the early summer revamp of server2; Moonlight (another great map )falls into this category too.
I think a secret 'hardman's map sequence' should be started :rolleyes:

MrAsh
27-10-2006, 12:48
I always voted off that rainy map as me computer can't handle it, if it doesn't get voted off I used to leave for an hour or so then come back. I think its my computer that is a little girly and doesnt like hard work.

Boemher
27-10-2006, 13:41
Real men fly blindfolded at 4 FPS like me :)

Chatanooga
27-10-2006, 14:25
Real men fly blindfolded at 4 FPS like me

Real men fly like there are blindfolded but with their eyes wide open, so they can stare the danger straight in the face :p, or maybe thats just my excuse for flying so badly :o

I really liked the snow, I must admit to being suprised by the violence of the turbulence, however it looked so nice it would be a shame to see it go.

Xiola
29-10-2006, 08:31
I think the clouds add somehting to the map becasue you can hide in them when a jet is trying to get you.

Loved it! Hope it makes it onto the server!

NS-IceFire
29-10-2006, 15:03
My suggestion would be to perhaps put the clouds on Poor (Blind is very close to the same as Rain and probably will have the same nasty FPS effects). Put them on Poor, set them to be 500m or 600m above the ground and you get a similar effect without the FPS pain.

Zorin
31-10-2006, 23:54
If thats the case Id like to keep the turbulence and snow if they are inextricably linked. Its a nice change, a while back Icefire had a map where a thunderstrom was raging, the Germans had ships to attack and the Russians had tanks. think it was on the Libau map. It was great, very atmospheric

I never managed to find those damn ships on that map. I searched every inch of the target grid, but there was nothing. Had to fly 10m above the water to at least see anything. Very atmospheric, but got really annoying after time. But down in the soup, there wasn't one single bandit around ;)

NS-IceFire
01-11-2006, 00:24
I never managed to find those damn ships on that map. I searched every inch of the target grid, but there was nothing. Had to fly 10m above the water to at least see anything. Very atmospheric, but got really annoying after time. But down in the soup, there wasn't one single bandit around ;)
Really? I found them..first try. Even got a rocket off before all four ships pummeled my Tempest with flak!!! :)

Firelok
01-11-2006, 00:53
Really? I found them..first try. Even got a rocket off before all four ships pummeled my Tempest with flak!!! :)
Isn't Zorin talking about Sevatopol44 though?
Flew the altered full-fat version today lots of people had fun but I'm not good with the FPS drops I get with such heavy clouds. I'm going to go for lighter clouds. Expect snow/turbulence on the Aleutians map I'm planning definatelt though. ;)

Zorin
01-11-2006, 01:00
Yeah, I was referring to Sevastopol.

NS-IceFire
01-11-2006, 01:05
My bad! Long day...brain isn't working that well.

Gordano
01-11-2006, 10:55
Firelok,

I mentioned to you on TS last night about adding the Mosquito, would this be possible.

My only motivation is the fact that the windscreen wiper will work with the snow! :)

Boemher
01-11-2006, 13:07
Id like to have the Ta 152 C added to the plane set when it comes out please :)

Firelok
01-11-2006, 14:15
Firelok,

I mentioned to you on TS last night about adding the Mosquito, would this be possible.

My only motivation is the fact that the windscreen wiper will work with the snow! :)
My own FPS suck the big one here in the clouds but I realise that going the low-fat route won't cut it for you hardcore types.
Expect mossie (gawd help em.) and the Ta152C when it shows possibly other Lufty-goodies too. I think TBO that's what this map is for.
A VVS vs Lufty equivalent without the snow can showcase a lot of the new talent when it come out too. Deregulation of some of the other Lufty jet-fighters is likely too.
Taxi-way and engine losses count for so many accidents it's a bit harsh having
limited 262s, The salamander can stay limited though, its just that good.

Boemher
01-11-2006, 14:21
Firelok you could have a scenario where the LW jets are largely deployed elsewhere and that the US and RAF are based from Italy and thats why the YP 80 is up against largely LW prop fighters with the odd Jet flying around.

I like being at a disadvantage vs jets on this map.

Firelok
01-12-2006, 10:25
Mosquito windscreen wipers work vs snow BTW.
I still think it's not TOO much of a crime to have this in the cycle, how many other '1946' maps are going to be admin called only.

Firelok
24-12-2006, 01:24
Added Ta152C and altered some other stuff.

Boemher
08-07-2007, 17:59
Reds got humped on this today and that was with a large proportion of those on TS flying Red, it took until 3/4 of the map was done for the 1st Fw 190 and Bf 109s to appear and even at the end of the map there were still bloody 262s, He 162s and Ho 229s flying around :) 26 Red kills against 40 Blue victories - and the Blues hit their targets harder than the Red team did. Is it worth placing more draconian restrictions on the Jets or was it just a bad day at the office for the Red team?

One of the Blue team said that the Arado 234 wasnt there either, I thought it was?

Firelok
08-07-2007, 23:02
Reds got humped on this today and that was with a large proportion of those on TS flying Red, it took until 3/4 of the map was done for the 1st Fw 190 and Bf 109s to appear and even at the end of the map there were still bloody 262s, He 162s and Ho 229s flying around :) 26 Red kills against 40 Blue victories - and the Blues hit their targets harder than the Red team did. Is it worth placing more draconian restrictions on the Jets or was it just a bad day at the office for the Red team?

One of the Blue team said that the Arado 234 wasnt there either, I thought it was?

At the moment there are only restrictions on the UberCannon262(12) and the He162(16) If enough OK pilots fly the YP80 then theres a fair balance, when I joined this session of Rhineland, most of blue side was Jet driven but a lesser percentage of Reds were flying Jets. It seemed. Mucking about in Tempests is fair enough but this is the ONLY map that the YP80 is on. And I think it does OK vs the 262 but badly against the He162. I don't personally see the aim here is to let it end up as just prop planes because all of the Me262s have been blown up in takeoff accidents. This is the fighter 262 variant's only outing in 70maps aswell. I never put the Arado on here, there is a Do335 and Me262-2a as fast blue bombers.

Boemher
08-07-2007, 23:27
If this is the 262 fighters chance so be it. I dont fly the YP-80 often - infact the only jet I do like to fly is the Arado 234, is it possible to have this added or does it ruin the Feng Shui of the targets?

Firelok
09-07-2007, 07:59
If this is the 262 fighters chance so be it. I dont fly the YP-80 often - infact the only jet I do like to fly is the Arado 234, is it possible to have this added or does it ruin the Feng Shui of the targets?

Not sure what effect it might have to be honest, it's max bombload is 1000kg 2x250kg. As a comparison the Do335 has just 1000kg. I know the Arado is fast but I can't help thinking that the turn around time+kilos of bomb on target (takeoff,bomb,land.) might be about the same as the Do335 which doesn't have all the engine warming/try not to explode on takeoff issues the Arado has.
We can try it and see:D I'll have a look at the AAA levels again on this map when I add it too, there are some issues with one of the red bases and maybe look at the AAA ships of doom that are frozen into the river by reds targets too.

Chatanooga
09-07-2007, 09:24
A few things about yesterday.

I was amazed at how few of the blue jets ended up in flames on the runway, it seemed like we had a group of experienced jet pilots.

A big problem early on yesterday was a group of blue Jets ended up over the southern red airbase, pinning them down. Also the lack of people using the YP-80 from the north base. A few people in the YP-80 from the north base would have cleared the troubles over south red base much quicker. If I remember correctly there was only ever 1 or 2 YP-80 in the sky at any one time.

I have looked closer at the stats and worked out the following.

Number of sorties by plane type used (calculated using the stats page looking at planes that took off)

Red Side

Mossie x 1
Mustang III x 2
P38L x 7
P47 D x 4
P47 D22 x 1
P47 D27 x 5
P51 20ND x 17
Spitfire 25lb x 10
Tempest x 30
YP 80 x 8

Blue Side

BF 109 K4C x 5
Do 335 x 4
FW 190 D9 x 4
Go 229 x 8
He-162 x 10
Me-262 a1 x 17
Me-262 a2 x 20
Ta 152C x 6
Ta 152H1 x 1

So as Firelok pointed out very few people utilised the Reds Jet.

Boemher
09-07-2007, 10:20
Why fly a YP-80 when you can get 7 kills in a Tempest while being infinitely cooler for flying a prop plane? ;)

Firelok
09-07-2007, 11:31
I've had a poke at this today, clearly 3 M16halftrack AAA and three 40mm BOFORS doesn't cut it so I added some 85mm flak and shifted the locations of the flak, did this for the blue bases aswell. I also added the Arado and we shall see how that goes.

Yep my impressions were entirely correct about who was flying what on either side. Like it or not this is a Jet map and if one side decides voluntarily not to fly enough Jets they are going to suffer.

I think there are four maps with Jets on in a cycle of 70 odd maps, two are historical (Rhur and Berlin.) and two are not. Rhineland(1945 what if) and Stalemate(1946 what if) these aren't everyones cup of tea but some of our flyers asked for this sort of stuff to be included.

Boemher
09-07-2007, 12:11
Id like to see whether a map with 16 YP-80s vs a mixture of 16 Me 262s, He 162s and GO 229s would have a natural balance or not. On one hand it could feasibly end up like a Hurricane vs Bf 109 map on the other hand it could end up a slaughter fest.

It just depends if the YP-80s manuverability can overcome the disadvantage of being insanely out gunned. Wish IL2 featurrd the Meteor F III and the Dehavilland Vampire.

Firelok
09-07-2007, 12:34
Another sneaky feature of the YP80 is the gyro gunsight with six nose mounted .50cals for setting light to Jumo Jet engines.:D

Boemher
09-07-2007, 13:00
Far more dangerous imo would be a formation of AI gunned B17s or B29s which would ofcourse get mauled by all the 30mm/50mm cannon shells flying around but would undoubtedly take down their fair share of flammable jet fighters.

Gyro gunsights are only truely effective on a closed pit server imo, the gyroscopic computer needs steady stick input for it to function properly, in a F6 fed frenzy of a dogfight the gyro sight is around 2 or 3 seconds behind the actual action. Its better to rely on the normal sight in against an evading target, while the gyro comes up trumps if its a target manuvering in a continous turn or in a steady climb ect.

irish
09-07-2007, 13:15
Id like to see whether a map with 16 YP-80s vs a mixture of 16 Me 262s, He 162s and GO 229s would have a natural balance or not. On one hand it could feasibly end up like a Hurricane vs Bf 109 map on the other hand it could end up a slaughter fest.

It just depends if the YP-80s manuverability can overcome the disadvantage of being insanely out gunned. Wish IL2 featurrd the Meteor F III and the Dehavilland Vampire.

Another sneaky feature of the YP80 is the gyro gunsight with six nose mounted .50cals for setting light to Jumo Jet engines.:D

My last sortie I swallowed my pride and flew the YP80. At one point I had at least half of the Blue AF permanently grounded. Once you learn how to control the P80's troublesome engine it becomes clear that it is superior to the Luftwaffe jets. 1 kill and 2 Air Victories for me. God knows how i love the P51's/38's/47's plus the Tempest....however you are not going to do well when the sky is filled with turbojet fighters when you are flying prop planes. nothing you can do about it.

as for the YP80 being outgunned....6 X .50 cals in the nose allows you to set your convergence long (mine was set at 500 meters). Just when a ME262 thinks he is out-pacing you, use your K14 for a long hose at his engines. Burn, Baby Burn

Boemher
09-07-2007, 13:47
I didnt do bad in a prop Irish, I did pretty good actually :) The P-80 is more manuverable than the skip like Me 262, but the He 162 is a much better allround fighter imo and the Ho 229 is faster and out turns the P-80. It is once there is the combination of 2 or 3 of these fighters that the P-80 should get outclassed.

Its like a P40 E vs a Bf 109 F4, Bf 109 G6AS with Mk 108 and then a Fw 190 A5. Yes the P40 can hold its own against any one of these types but once the combination of enemies - one faster, one better turner and one a better climber comes in to play you have to be Ben Afflek to survive.

Even though I dislike the 30mm Mk 108, I still think 4 x Mk 108 is a better air to air weapon for jets than the P-80s 6 x .50cals. Especially once you factor in that the P-80 has to take down the invincible Do 335 and the sting tailed Arado.

MajorDamage
09-07-2007, 14:18
I'm with Boehmer here. The P80 is a pretty good match against the Me262 as long as you're patient and careful with it, but it's pretty hopeless against the Me162. Add to that the fact that the teams tend to be unbalanced cos most people hate the P80 and love the 262 and 162...

I still have a soft spot for the P80 though (I must be the only person). I like to fly it with my 'Steve Austin - Six Million Dollar Man' skin:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e320/matthill999/YP80Nasa.jpg

FlyingFinn
09-07-2007, 15:13
P-80 is the best allied jet out there IMO.

Guns with very high velocities are better suited for fights where you have to hit moving targets which fly 700kmh+ and wobble around.

A gun like MK108 requires a lot of skill to pull deflections on fast-moving targets due to the slow muzzle velocity (is this written correctly?)
And when you put all the .50s in the nose you'll get a very lethal zone of hot lead with very high chance of hitting a targets far away (like a 262 and it's easy-to-hit engines).

Another good gun against fast jets is the one we have in the MiG-9. Vya-23 was it.

Chatanooga
09-07-2007, 15:44
(I must be the only person)

Nope, I love it too, I would have been flying it yesterday if everyone hadnt rushed to red side to fly tempests, forcing me to go blue to keep the teams even :p

I do agree a one on one matchup against a 162 in a YP-80 is tough, you have to use teamwork.... Like many other matches we have on the server.

I thought I'd look up previous missions to see if it was just a bad day for Red's

08/07
Red 26
Blue 40

04/07
Red 16
Blue 24

28/06
Red 24
Blue 23

25/06
Red 3
Blue 6

20/06
Red 19
Blue 20

Totals
Red 88
Blue 113

Blue kills up 28% on Red

So yes blue do seem to have an advantage in the overall numbers but I imagine I could find many other maps with a similar percentage difference that we all love and enjoy :p

Bocage for example

09/07
Red 7
Blue 4

04/07
Red 16
Blue 4

01/07
Red 24
Blue 19

29/06
Red 51
Blue 27 (OMG. glad I wasnt on blue this day)

25/06
Red 11
Blue 1

17/06
Red 2
Blue 5

Totals
Red 111
Blue 60

Reds kill 85% more than Blues

So at a glance far more unbalanced than Rhineland, perhaps we need to lobby for the removal of the Uber Tempest ;)

Map balance is a very very tricky thing depending on all sorts of things, who is flying, what time of the day is it, how much have they had to drink etc. :D

MajorDamage
09-07-2007, 15:57
Map balance is a very very tricky thing depending on all sorts of things, who is flying, what time of the day is it, how much have they had to drink etc. :D

Yeah I usually find if I go on the side that's winning that helps balance things up a bit :D

Boemher
09-07-2007, 16:06
So at a glance far more unbalanced than Rhineland, perhaps we need to lobby for the removal of the Uber Tempest ;)

Chatta Im not lobbying for the removal of any plane from this map. Also while digging up Bocage's kills for Reds what aircraft contributed most to the carnage on the Blue team ?

I'll eat my hat if it was the Tempest. *

On the 29/06 out of the 51 kills for Red

I count 10 kills for the Tempest and I was personally responsible for half that sum. The other kills were done mostly by #402PORKY.

*Now I shall continue to blow my own trumpet here to demonstrate how certain players can distort statistics. The Tempest current has a K/D ratio of 0.88 to one and has shot down 199 enemy aircraft for the loss of 226 pilots. When you condsider that of the 199 kills I have contributed 67 of them for the loss of 5 pilots you can see where the problem lies. The Tempests K/D ratio excluding my own fanatical contribution is an unimpressive 0.59/1. So while it may appear to destabilise maps it is dependent on who flies it.

Chatanooga
09-07-2007, 16:13
Chatta Im not lobbying for the removal of any plane from this map

I know matey, I only brought up the Bocage thing cos I knew a dig at the Tempest would get ya :p

Also while digging up Bocage's kills for Reds what aircraft contributed most to the carnage on the Blue team ?

Thats a much harder stat to get, I'll have a look if I get time.

Sonko
20-02-2008, 23:06
I believe this map is unwinnable for reds as the target in K4(?), I mean the one with the two outposts with the lights attached, cant be destroyed completely. Maybe I am wrong but I'm quite sure that none crashed into that target. All that was left when SC told me that there are two targets left to destroy were those two light hanging there were the two outposts were standing before a bomb cut them down.
Firelok if you could have a look at it please? thanks in advance! :)

NS-IceFire
20-02-2008, 23:32
I like this map...the problem is that not too many have spent some stick time in the YP-80. The P-80 is a very easy jet to fly if you don't bugger around with the throttle like most people do...if you do...flameout or compressor stall and the engine dies. Once you get over that and the sensitive controls the gunsight makes putting bullets on easily flamed jets easier. The 162 is a bit of a tough target (extreme high speed)...if you were to re-balance a bit I'd suggest removal of the 162 and addition of the Ta-183 but I'm just throwing that out there. In general its usually Red not getting its act together until late in the map.

I lead what would have been a successful Tempest strike on one of the last remaining targets when we got hit by heavy flak (maybe it needs toning down?) and bounced by a jet. But I think the flak got 3 of us and the jet got the last guy because he had no support left (four Tempests would have been able to chase off the jet I'm confident).

Just some food for thought. Worth keeping this one around as its quite fun!

Sonko
21-03-2008, 12:17
Still, annoying buuuug.

if 95% of the target needed to be destroyed, with one light, it must be at least 20 objects to make it possible, as 19 objects of 10 is 95%. but in this case, one target has only 10 destroyable objects + two lights. makes it 12 objects classified as ground objects and therefore possible target objects in FMB. So with 95% of the targets to be destroyed, it is impossible because not even 90% can be destroyed in this case.
Better lower the percentage to 80% for all four target areas and the map should run OK.

Thanks in advance! :)

NS-IceFire
22-03-2008, 14:43
Yeah thats probably a good idea. Add a few more objects to be destroyed and decrease the percentage to 90% or 85%.

Sonko
22-03-2008, 18:23
I just wonder vvere Firelok is, or which other admins have access to the maps on the server, so it can get sortet
:)

Firelok
25-03-2008, 12:37
I just wonder vvere Firelok is, or which other admins have access to the maps on the server, so it can get sortet
:)

Sorry Bud, this is that Real-Life thingy getting in the way expect updates over the next few days.

Sorry:o

*edit*

Sorry Bud, this is that Real-Life thingy getting in the way expect updates over the next few days.
err.. I meant immediately :)

I haven't altered the percentage but I have added more half-tracks to counteract the 'light's as targets ' problem.

Sonko
25-03-2008, 13:20
Thanks alot! :)

Sonko
25-08-2009, 11:54
This map is ready for UKD2, some fixes have been made.

Sonko
01-09-2009, 17:52
added to the cycle, call me when sth is wrong!