PDA

View Full Version : Anapa...

Firelok
10-11-2006, 19:22
The origins of this are here.....
http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?t=11705
Objectives are destroy the enemies' air power in the air and on the ground.
Period 1943 summer. map: Kuban.

BLUES
(Main Airbase.)
Bf-109G-6
Bf-110G-2
Fw-190A-5
He-111H-2
Ju-87D-5
(Airdefence Base)
Bf-109G-2
(Airstarted)
Bf-109F-2
FW-200C-3U4
REDS
(Main Airbase.)
Il-2I
Il-2_3
LaGG-3series66
P-39D2
Pe-2series110
Yak-7BPF
Yak-9D
(Airdefence Base)
La-5F
(Airstarted)
MiG-3ud
Pe-8

This is called Anapa.mis

Yellow 2
10-11-2006, 19:48
I assume that vulching will still not be allowed and that any aircraft set as ground targets will be AI only? Could you explain a little more about the role of the main airbases and the airdefence bases.

Could an Italian aircraft take the place of say the F-2 just to give the Blues a bit more variety?

Sounds interesting Firelok thanks for the work on this. :)

Firelok
11-11-2006, 00:44
We flew this tonight and I worked quite well. There was no hordes of vultchers but a lot of Pe8 intercepts and bombings.
Main Airbase contains most of the Flyables but also has a lot of Static Aircraft (about 70) so if a team needs to destroy 120 Aircraft there's 70 of them waiting to be bombed.
Air Defence Base has one popular fighter for each side (109G2-blues,La5F-reds)
[This didn't seem to get used much ]
As to how the first test went, the server was pretty full or full for most of the time and we had fairly even teams, lots of Pe8's flown (of course) and a few FW200's (which work quite well)
Blues seemed to be defending their airspace against red encroachment rather than the other way round. A lot of P-39's flown, 110 bomber-destroyers and FW's for blues. Don't know about relative strengths of the fighters P39 seemed strong to me but I was flying FW200 bombers a lot (a prime target.)
Anyway this test didn't lead to an almighty fragged up vultch-fest, we need to test it a few times though. Interestingly not assigning any target in the .ini file didn't prevent the Targets command from displaying useful info...
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/firelokc/Anapatarg.jpg
So SC gave a list of all blue objects in the game, this seemed to be a total that didn't alter during the mission. What surprises me is that it differenciates between target classes like FBD does.I didn't know this.

Algorex
11-11-2006, 00:56
Firelok do you have the mission on track? I really want to see what the last kill looked like, one red plane left, me and system in bf110G2s with 4x20mm and 2x30mm side by side behind a pe8. :mp5:

I must admit it was more fun than i expected.

NS-IceFire
11-11-2006, 00:58
Sounds interesting!

I think you will find the P-39 used a fair bit seeing as it makes a great bomber interceptor with that cannon. The 37mm may be difficult to make use of against fighters but against bombers its a whole other matter.

Firelok
11-11-2006, 15:16
I must admit it was more fun than i expected. ;)

Yep, I'm not entirely sure about the P39-D2 here, I've not limited the amounts of any aircraft here yet and this may be a candidate. It's a very 'easy' plane and probably gets used too much on our Russian front scenarios. The VVS was using spits in this theatre at the time too though :eek:

Firelok
15-11-2006, 03:55
After tonight's successful trial I think this works quite well, I've decided to remove the 'crap planes' from the air start. Airdefence will have to roar into action from the secondary airfield instead.

Whirlinmerlin
15-11-2006, 07:48
This map is a thing of rare and wonderous beauty.

LeadSucker
15-11-2006, 09:04
Played it last night. Some amazing blasts. The Pe8 carry some BIG bombs. Its a pity we cant have the Mistel. It was essentially a havoc around the blue base. I never managed to enter the red teritory before I was engaged in some kind of fight with my A5. But it was great fun. Thanks for a great variation Firelok.

Still need to figure out how to survive on that map. I lost a few control surfaces on the ground. It was raining bombs.

Gordano
15-11-2006, 10:44
The Pe8 carry some BIG bombs.

I have to disagree slightly, one successful accurate drop of a 5000kg micro nuke only nets me 1 lousy little car :wall:

LeadSucker
15-11-2006, 12:12
I have to disagree slightly, one successful accurate drop of a 5000kg micro nuke only nets me 1 lousy little car :wall:You made me leak fuel (1000m above base), and your own bird was pretty shattered so I only had to throw a pebble at you to make you BOOM as well :D. I though that was great :).

If you engage the arcade setting (offline) and look at what happens to the Pe8 when it drops the mininuke from 1000m you will see maybe 100 arrows going through it. So to use those big bombs without jepardizing yourself you need maybe 2000m distance. That calls for either high altitude dropping (impossible to hit even an airfield :o) or very long time delay (maybe 20 sec.).

Gordano
15-11-2006, 12:46
I favour a 650 km/h+ dive, then release and then use your speed to zoom out of the bombs radius before it explodes, I only had a 2.5 second delay on the map.

I only got caught out on that particular sortie because I changed my target at the last minute (due to my intended one having been already destroyed) and crossed to the other side of the airfield in level flight and lost about 100 km/h, and subsequently didn't have enough energy to escape the blast in time.

Algorex
15-11-2006, 12:56
I favour the bf-110G2 with 4x mg151/20 and 2x mk108 and 3000m alt.

Firelok
15-11-2006, 13:51
Well thanks for the thumbs up it was a lot of fun. I was flying the FW200 and made three successful sorties to the red base and one where I crashlanded on return. External only level bombing, especially with such a big 'footprint' as the Pe8's 5000kg should be easy. All my sorties bar one were level bombing from 3000m and the low level one I crashed as I said (mostly flak damage)
Somewhere about is a helpful guide to level bombing AI planes, it goes into specifics about the liberator and fortress but general approach seems to apply to the FW200 and the Pe8.

Algorex
20-04-2009, 19:19
FBDj isn't registering the static aircrafts in the overall score which renders bombing in this mission nearly useless when it comes to completing the target. Fun wise nothing has changed though, 5 tons is still tha bomb.

Zorin
20-04-2009, 22:01
FBDj isn't registering the static aircrafts in the overall score which renders bombing in this mission nearly useless when it comes to completing the target. Fun wise nothing has changed though, 5 tons is still tha bomb.

That's because I disabled the targets from the beginning. But it is easy to activate them if that is what you are after. My reasoning was that Anapa is rather fictional anyway, so I felt like keeping it as a fun house mission.

Algorex
20-04-2009, 22:20
Still an objective to complete would be appreciated.

Zorin
20-04-2009, 22:52
We'll activate the airfields as targets again.

Sonko
02-09-2009, 22:06
Some minor changes, its ready to go.