PDA

View Full Version : Orel (Kursk:1943:Northern Sector)

Firelok
18-11-2006, 19:10
Luftflotte 6 in the northern sector had fw-190 as it's primary fighter as well as the ju-87G as a tank buster.

So...A close air support mission (no big bombers) based in Luftflotte 6 sector so no 109's either (or indeed La5s).

BLUES
REAR BASE
Bf-110G-2
Fw-190A-4
Fw-190A-5(limited numbers)
Ju-87D-5
Ju-87G-1
FORWARD BASE
Fw-190A-4
Ju-87D-5
Ju-87G-1
-------------------------------------------------
REDS
REAR BASE
Il-2_1941_Late
LaGG-3series35
P-39D2 (limited numbers)
Pe-2series110
Yak-9D
FORWARD BASE
Il-2M_Late
Il-2_M3
LaGG-3IT
pics...
Soviet Fortified District (North)
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/firelokc/Orel2.jpg
Bridge Defence (Southern )
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/firelokc/Orel1.jpg
Panther Tank Echelon.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/firelokc/Orel3.jpg

Anyway consider this a reponse both to the 'mild mannered whiner' and the discussions about Luftflotte 6 that showed up in the 'Citadel' thread, a while ago. I've considered leaving out the Pe2 and the 110G BTW and just having single engined planes, still thinking...

Zorin
18-11-2006, 19:30
Sounds fun. But as the A4 we have is rather an A3 I wouldn't limit the A5 and maybe you could add the F8, as it doesn't rival the A5 in terms of performance, but would be a fantastic Jabo for this mission.

I think it would be better to relocate the heavy ground attackers Ju87G-1 and IL2 3M to the other base, as they would try to wreck havoc amongst themselves, instead of trying to complete their task. Especially since the Ju87 isn't one of the toughest birds compared to the Il2.

Firelok
18-11-2006, 19:52
Algore helpfully linked to the aircraft of Luftflotte 6 in the Citadel thread. All FW190A's (3's,4's and 5's) plan is to fit VVS forces to make a good match for these guys rather than adding more FW types, you see. ;)

Firelok
20-11-2006, 20:52
Ok, i've uploaded this for a test.
How much complaining we will get for no 109G2 and no La5F on an Ostfront map remains to be seen.
restricted planes for Blues.
190A5 limit 16.
Bf110 loadout restrictions (bombs and the BK allowed) no Mk108 pods etc.)
restricted planes for Reds.
Il-2_M3 limit 16.
LaGG(series35) limit 12.
P39D2 limit 16.

Yellow 2
21-11-2006, 09:35
If the reds are up against the firepower of the FW190 can the LaGGs have an unrestricted VyA cannon, especially if they are limted in number? :)

Gordano
21-11-2006, 11:37
If the reds are up against the firepower of the FW190 can the LaGGs have an unrestricted VyA cannon, especially if they are limted in number? :)

Whilst considered a touch uber, I think this would be appropriate particularly given the FW190s speed advantage over the LaGG and the fact that the LaGGs are going to be limited.

Algorex
21-11-2006, 11:47
Lagg-3 with VYA is not problem as the real killer here is the airacobra D2. I do like the idea of yak-9 as the main red fighter, you could also add a unlimted yak-1b and yak-7b (M-105PF).

Firelok
21-11-2006, 15:03
Whilst considered a touch uber, I think this would be appropriate particularly given the FW190s speed advantage over the LaGG and the fact that the LaGGs are going to be limited.
This is indeed the plan series35 LaGG is limited in number but not loadout and the series 66 is unlimited.
Algorex, Could easily add more Yak's if this becomes neccessary, I was wondering what your reasons are though? you didn't say.

Algorex
21-11-2006, 15:50
Well for diversity mostly as most of us don't really know much about the differences inside the yak family, Like that the yak-1b is the lightest and the best turner or that the yak-9D is just a long range yak-9 with wing tanks (yak-9DD having another pair of tanks to futher extend the range) or that the yak-7PF is a decent plane although it's a bit nose heavy.

Firelok
21-11-2006, 17:21
I chose the Yak9D because of a marginal advantage in speed, I'm quite happy putting a variety of Yak's in and shall do so, I can't see it making a great overall difference, but I don't think rockets should be enabled on the earlier Yak's this is just too easy shooting Stukas with rockets (even I can do it.) and the Ju87 is aimed at being the main bomber for blues over the battlefield.

Firelok
22-11-2006, 03:56
Flew this tonight everything seem Ok, with the targets etc, I have however misplaced a smoke oject, I need to sort that out. However more importantly
I have grave doubts about the current planeset, I can find no evidence of any lend-lease aircraft apart from the A20 taking part in the Kursk salient battles.
Three types of Yak and some LaGG types might be much more in keeping possibly small numbers of La5's (12) for the VVS top performer.
Interestingly I've found stuff that talks about the VVS attempting a suppression of all nearby Luftwaffe airfields at the beginning of the Kursk attack.(A common blitzkreig tactic BTW.) this War on the Aerodromes seems not to have worked and provoked the 'largest aerial battle in history' with neither the Luftwaffe or the VVS gaining air superiority locally.

NS-IceFire
22-11-2006, 04:16
The differences between the Yak-1B and Yak-9/9D in performance are slight across the board. Each Yak version seems to get marginally faster to represent quality improvements in the game but if you have a Yak-1B, a Yak-9/9D and even the late version of the Yak-7 and you've got good coverage of what the series has to offer.

I'm personally torn between the extremely slight performance benefit of the Yak-9 and the slight maneuverability advantage of the Yak-1B.

Firelok
22-11-2006, 16:12
What bothered me last night was that the majority of reds decided to fly the P39 and it was more like Luft vs USAAF. I think a pure russian planeset is needed, that'll learn 'em.

Zorin
22-11-2006, 16:40
What bothered me last night was that the majority of reds decided to fly the P39 and it was more like Luft vs USAAF. I think a pure russian planeset is needed, that'll learn 'em.

As long as you'll leave out that creature of evil, called LA5, that shall be fine with me.

Firelok
22-11-2006, 18:54
You seem to suffer from a La-5 phobia. :confused:
and i-16 phobia and i-153 phobia and LaGG phobia and Spitfire phobia and A20 phobia and Beaufighter phobia :wall: :D

Algorex
22-11-2006, 18:56
I have russian spitfire phobia :)

Zorin
22-11-2006, 19:12
and i-16 phobia and i-153 phobia and LaGG phobia and Spitfire phobia and A20 phobia and Beaufighter phobia :wall: :D

I don't get that British humor, sorry. Honestly, I have no problem with the I-153, LaGG, Spitfire or LaGG. It's only the La5 and I-185 that are beyond my acceptance.

Boemher
22-11-2006, 23:55
I take exception to the 'take a Fw 190 and be untouchable' comment. Anyone here can take a Fw 190 and I will take a La 5 or Spitfire IX/VIII and I will follow you around the map rendering you useless, or if you want to fight I will shoot you down :p

Firelok
23-11-2006, 01:36
Please Please Please don't hijack this thread with endless sterile debate about spitfires, 109G2s and FW190 'I cannae take it captain.' :D

p.s.

I don't get that British humor, sorry.
Sorry but this was my humour not any others.
p.p.s.

Please Please Please don't hijack this thread with endless sterile debate about spitfires, 109G2s and FW190 'I cannae take it captain.' :D
Isn't an attempt a humour either, It's a heartfelt plea...
p.p.p.s.
I put La5's on the map.(twelve of them.)
nor is this attempted humour either ;)

NS-IceFire
23-11-2006, 02:15
I still wonder why. Pick a 109 G-2 and outperform the La by some hilarious margin. Or pick the Fw and be untouchable.

Try flying the La vs. some competent opposition and you soon will realize how limited it's abilities really are.
Zorin won't be untouchable with a FW190...until he learns to keep his altitude in a fight. I'm always saving him down at 500m :)

Xiola
23-11-2006, 07:02
Looks nice.

I think the Yak1b and Yak9D are a better idea than the P39.

With this planeset, those who cannot fly the FW190 will want to fly red as its the only team with turnfighters, which will stop the usual mass exodus to blue when there is no La5. (you cant blame them)

I think it will work well.

Firelok
23-11-2006, 07:59
But Firelok is right, this isn't the proper place to talk planes. Maybe we have another go somewhere else.
No mate go right ahead I'm only mucking about, I'm interested to see myself whether the 190 can bear up just on it's own really. Another thought is that with one side 'dedicated' (if you like) to energy tactics will this force the other
into fighting this way too, because you can't turn fight if theres' noone to turn with.

Zorin
23-11-2006, 18:48
Zorin won't be untouchable with a FW190...until he learns to keep his altitude in a fight. I'm always saving him down at 500m :)

Let me give you a big hug for that. :fluffle: I really need to learn my basics to stay in the top five instead of the top ten ;) :D

NS-IceFire
23-11-2006, 22:34
Let me give you a big hug for that. :fluffle: I really need to learn my basics to stay in the top five instead of the top ten ;) :D
LOL

Top ten kill to death ratio or top ten kills? :)

With my skills I'm easily in the top 35! I'm just drawing their fire away from you... :D

Zorin
23-11-2006, 22:55
LOL

Top ten kill to death ratio or top ten kills? :)

With my skills I'm easily in the top 35! I'm just drawing their fire away from you... :D

Really appreciate that Ice, at least one who's on my side. I'm already resembling a swiss cheese... stayed to long in the line of their fire I'd say. ;)