PDA

View Full Version : Ardennenoffensive

wurzelbrunft
27-11-2006, 17:06
Objective_Ardennen, New map!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Briefing For Blue Team
Hello gentlemen!
Today is the day where we will throw back the yankees into the Atlantic! For this theatre we have more than 1.000 aircrafts along the front and several tank divisions! In a first raid we will destroy the artillery of the enemy. Therefore several bombers and fighters are in local aera. Also 4 tankgroups are moving forward the target, two to the fighter airfield and two to the artillery.

Letīs rumble!

Dismissed

Horrido!

Briefing for Red Team
Good morning gentlemen.
Our secret service told us `bout a big offensive of the Jerrys these days. Itīs necessary to keep eyes open! Defend our artillery yard and our airfields!
You have permission to attack everything whatīs moovinī on streets or railway.

Letīs fly CAP along the frontline and intercept every enemy you see!

Dismissed!

Good Luck!

Map: Ardennes
Weather: Fogy
Clouds: 500
Time: 0500

Available Planes For Blue Team:
He-111H-6
Ju-87G-1
Ju-88A-4
Bf-109G-6AS
Bf-109G-10
Bf-109G-14
Bf-109K-4
Bf-109Z
Do-335A-0
Fw-190A-8
Fw-190A-9
Fw-190D-9
Ta-152H-1
Fw-190F-8
Fw-190A-8Mistel
He-162A-2
Me-163B-1a
Me-262A-1a

Available Planes For Red Team:
P-39Q-1
P-39Q-10
P-63C
P-80A
P-47D-27
P-47D
P-51C-NT
P-51D-5NT
P-51D-20NA
A-20G
B-25J-1NA
FM-2
SBD-3
SBD-5
P-38J
P-38L

Further Information For Bue Team
The only way for the blue team to win this map is to destroy the enemy artillery and defend the own.

There are 2 bases available, 1 for the fighters and 1 for the bombers.

Further Information For Red Team
Red team has to destroy 100% of the enemy artillery and defend the own.
There are also 4 moving tank groups, two to the fighter airfield and two to the artillery.

Also some supply trains and truck columns are located in the aera, to destroy them is secondary.

There are 2 bases available, 1 for the Fighters and 1 for the bombers.

Special Notes:
All airfields are heavely defended, `cause of decreasing vulching!

Algorex
27-11-2006, 17:14
Hopefully you haven't put too much work in to this as unfortunately we have a Ardennes (two actually) on both servers. Namely bulge and ardennes.

Gordano
27-11-2006, 17:19
I feel the planeset may need a little tweaking towards the more historical side of things.

I wasn't even aware that the Mistel could even be used online.

wurzelbrunft
27-11-2006, 17:19
Work wasnīt so hard, only `bout 5 to 6 hours inkl. offlinetesting.

Wurzelbrunft

Firelok
27-11-2006, 18:30
Welcome to the forums :)
I really do recommend our two sticky threads about maps.
http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?t=10093
http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?t=6860

This makes the maps work with our server software (FBDaemon for UK1 and Server Commander for UK2)
Some of the 'rules' we have to follow to get mission-based dogfight maps working are a little restrictive but you get used to it.
For example the FW190 Mistel isn't available for online dogfight maps;we generally don't have any of the 'fantasy' planes in our main sequence of maps so jets would be limited to Me262's with no allied jets, the D0335 is a very rare bird also present in limited numbers on one or two maps only.
Nor are any kind of moving objects (tanks/ships etc.) static objects only I'm afraid.
In general the .mis file is best below 50kb (although this isn't a hard and fast rule.) Large numbers of objects and flak levels can seriously impact the performance of online missions as can the choice of the map the mission is built on. I'm sorry that a lot of this post has been what won't work from your proposal but you know our limitations now, I'm looking forward to seeing your take on this engagement.
I'm going to post details of our winter ardennes offensive map as an example, it's called Bulge.

Firelok
27-11-2006, 19:05
This would be a brief and planeset for Server2 which due to the way the server software works makes it better to declare the percentage required to
destroy a certain group in the brief, which is all on a single page without 'personal' briefs for either army.Also some of the planes are limited in number (for example there are 20 of the P38L_Late) this information is part of the .ini file that SC uses.
I'm only used to UK2 mapping really, perhaps someone could provide an example of Objective_Bulge the equivalent of this map in UK1 format.

Bulge
Welcome to the UK-Dedicated2 server run by Battle-Fields.com! For server rules, see bottom of briefing.

-----------------------
Mission:Bulge. Overview: December 16th 1944, the Germans started one last strategic offensive on the Western Front. Their goal was to force the Western Allies into a seperate armistice, that would allow Germany to focus solely on the Eastern Front. Though short on supplies, the Germans caught the Allies by surprise and initially gained considerable ground. The fierce fighting took place in the Ardennes mountains and became know as the Battle of the Bulge. --------------------
Mission Objectives:
The REDS attack must destroy:-
90% of the Panzers in (C3)
70% of the Panzers in (D3)
60% of the Panzers in (E3)
The BLUES attack must destroy:-
75% of the Supplies in (A3)
50% of the Supplies in (B3)
75% of the Supplies in (C4)

Use the static cameras for recon.
-----------------------------
Markings: Red side is US or RAF, Blue side is German. This is an historical missions Server and players are expected to show the correct markings for every scenario.
----------------
Help. Warning points will be added for destroying freindlies and selecting illegal loadouts or using planes that are NO longer available due to limited numbers.Players with an excess of warning points (100pts+) will be automatically kicked or even banned.
Useful chat <commands :-
<help ~ gives a list of commands.
<planes ~ shows the limited planes and Locked weaponry.
<targets ~ shows both sides objectives.
<warn ~ Your current warning level.
----------------
Teamspeak server. There is a teamspeak server available. You can find the IP in our forums or wait until it flashes past in the chat.
----------------
Server rules: -Admins are shown by [BFs] tags and are to be obeyed at all times.
-No use of bad language.
-Keep teams even.
-Kill stealing is not allowed.
-Do not loiter on the server.
-Do not vulch players unless you use rockets and bombs.
-Allow opponents to gain some height before you attack.
-Be courteous to other players and fly fairly.
----------------
For full server rules, stats and any feedback visit www.Battle-Fields.com. Join our forums. Have fun!

PLANES
REDS
A-20G
B-25J-1NA
P-38J
P-38L
P-38L_Late=20
P-47D-27
P-47D
P-51B-NA
P-51D-20NA=20
MosquitoFBMkVI
P-51C-NT
MustangIII
SpitfireMkIXcCLP
SpitfireMkIXe
TempestMkV
BLUES
Bf-109G-6AS
Bf-109G-10=20
Bf-109G-14
Bf-110G-2
Fw-190A-8
Fw-190A-9
Fw-190F-8
He-111H-6
Ju-88A-4
Bf-109K-4
Bf-110G-2
Fw-190D-9=20

Firelok
30-11-2006, 05:49
I've recieved this map via eMail and I'm afraid I'll have to refuse it in it's current form.I'll detail why so as you can make alterations etc.

1.Moving tanks don't work in online dogfight server maps(however they do in coops.)
2. 42 Flak 88's and 30+ Wirblewinds is WAY WAY Too much flak for any map. 2 Wirblewinds and one Flak88 would do a pretty good job of defending an airfield or an objective.
3. Overall far too many active artillery objects rather than static object versions this really affects performance online so it's worth keeping the active objects to a bare minimum.
4. A late war night-time map is really not going to go down well with our flying public, I know the time is set to 0500 but this needs to be later so there is more light.
5. I would consider reducing the planeset to a more 'historic basis'

This is far too like marking someones homework for my liking it's horrible. :o
What I can say is that if you are interested in talking more about what maps we do accept contact me by PrivateMessage.