PDA

View Full Version : Aegean

Firelok
14-12-2006, 17:44
for some bizarre reason all my recent maps have all began with the letter A.
I was going to call this Cephalonia, but this didn't grab me at all and was a bit long winded too. There's no need for 4.07m stuff so I thought best get it out now before I'm spending all my time adding the A20C to about 50 maps:wall:
See the Viva Italia thread for the origins of this one...
PLANES.

RED
Hurricane I
Hurricane IIb (24)
Gladiator
Blenheim VI

BLUE
Fiat CR 42
Fiat G 50
Macchi 200
Ju 87 (24) limited to 250+4x50kg
Macchi 202

Hurribomber is limited to force use of the Hurricane I and the BlenheimVI
Stuka is limited to small bombs (the most common load at this time) and is limited in number too forcing the use of the Cr42.
Both targets are mostly straffable soft targets but there are small ship/boat targets for both sides though.
PICS.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/firelokc/Aegean1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/firelokc/Aegean2.jpg
Four bases, closest bases to the action just contain the Cr42 and the Gladiator repectively, further away are all the other planes.
time is static here BTW so as we keep the nice brassy evening Aegean Greek Seas.
Special points awarded for bombing the cr*p out of Captain bloody Correlli's Mandoline. At 45kb this is fairly object heavy in places, please post about any technical difficulties here...

Algorex
14-12-2006, 18:55
Captain Correlli's Mandoline is soooooooooooooooooo overmodelled.

Firelok
19-12-2006, 17:47
Ok I'm going to implement some post 4.07m changes to this one. Beefing up the red targets for one thing. there are some 4.07m objects I really want to use here so be patient. Be good to know if the 4.07m Macchi's fare better now they seem to stall less.

Happy
19-12-2006, 20:25
flew this with chatanooga and i have to say it was a real joy.
thank you also for making it an hour or so later. really improved atmosphere.

Really nice work and a gem to have in the rotation

thx u very much sir.

Zorin
20-12-2006, 01:29
This should be quite a bit of fun with the new stable Macchi 202 :)

Sonko
17-01-2007, 16:00
The planes command doesn't work.

Firelok
17-01-2007, 18:01
The planes command doesn't work.
Well I've looked at the files on the server and they are unchanged since the last time I updated it (and it worked) I got some really slow response times from typed commands yesterday maybe this is why? When it's quiet I'll call up Aegean and have a look myself, thx for pointing this out.

ForkTailedDevil
06-02-2007, 22:41
This map is awful for blues there seems to be way too many hurri iiB's. Is red supposed to be greek or raf? I was on for the last half of the map and at any one time there were 5-7 hurri b's in dogfights. If it is the Greek air force they need mainly p.11's and gladiators maybe 8 2b's and say a dozen hurri '1s.

Firelok
06-02-2007, 23:52
This map is awful for blues there seems to be way too many hurri iiB's. Is red supposed to be greek or raf? I was on for the last half of the map and at any one time there were 5-7 hurri b's in dogfights. If it is the Greek air force they need mainly p.11's and gladiators maybe 8 2b's and say a dozen hurri '1s.

It's RAF rather than Greek(t'is in the brief :rolleyes: )but you have pointed out a problem to me though, the number of HurriIIb's used to be 12 (post-testing) but I've updated the original .ini file rather than the correct one so we have the original 24 HurriIIb's I fixed this before posting here.

Making it Greek/RAF is a possibility, I often fly the Stuka here and either of the Hurri's is nasty when you fly a Stuka. The Macchi's are way faster than the Hurricanes but lack the ability to take one down because of their crappy guns.

Boemher
07-02-2007, 12:00
Oddly enough the main problem for the Hurricane is the G.50 or Machi 200 not the 202. The 202 is as you say Firelok underarmed yet it cant stay on a Hurricanes 6 long enough to damage it seriously. The earlier Italian monoplanes however can match the Hurricane for speed - almost ... and can out turn her.

Firelok
02-07-2011, 02:19
Added Hellenic Airforce planes.
Fairey Battle Mk1
Hs123
Avia B534

Greek markings added.

OttO
20-08-2011, 20:14
GREAT map - with one small problem with HSFX.
The Blue AAA does not fire.

Firelok
20-08-2011, 21:55
Hard to know what to make of this. I wonder if some objects need completely replacing in FMB, even with the same objects. For example the two blue vehicle convoys here are now called by exact Wehrmacht names, they do have mobile AAA but it doesn't engage. Maybe if I re-do their pathing in FMB they might work again.

Need to know if this is a wider problem, so any recon flights over enemy bases etc much appreciated. Both for Red and Blue.

Nice to have the Blenheim and the Battle to fly and the correct Hurricanes innit. :)

OttO
20-08-2011, 22:48
I was flying RED and not once did they shoot at me.
I had a BLUE player fly over the targets for blue and all seemed to work just fine.

It's only the Blue gunners on Holiday I guess.:rolleyes:

IIJG3_Karaya 1
20-08-2011, 23:56
or maybe they are drunk and lying in some tents as blue is mostly winning this map because of massive bomber sweeps over this airfield ;)

OttO
21-08-2011, 00:35
or maybe they are drunk and lying in some tents as blue is mostly winning this map because of massive bomber sweeps over this airfield ;)

UK-2 HSFX --- they are???

IIJG3_Karaya 1
21-08-2011, 08:59
ok...nevermind lol...was tired and didnt see it was Uk2 xD

Firelok
21-08-2011, 09:06
Added the Cant bomber for blues and the Cr42 Bombe Alari. Tweaked the AAA near the target too.

HSFX has an altered engagement system for AAA (particularly ships.) rather than opening up at maximum range it waits until the target is within 'effective' range.
We'll just have to see how this alters some of our maps. I think vehicle convoys are a lot less likely to begin pouring out firepower making them more vulnerable to attack from the air. Static AAA remains dangerous. But catching a moving convoy should be a ground attacker's ideal situation after all.

OttO
22-08-2011, 03:55
Firelok -I'll give it a go.
Yesterday I hit that convoy and there was little to no AA return fire.
Hard to see those little buggers on that road. :) All looks good.