PDA

View Full Version : 1946 Map Ideas ...

Scrappy_D
19-12-2006, 16:20
Would it be possible or not to have just one map with every single flyable plane on it? .... And call it Quake_UK or some other appropriate name?

Just so that all of the 'birds' can be uncaged from time to time ....

LeVola
19-12-2006, 16:22
Hehe, good idea, Gladiator vs, Lerche ;)

Gordano
19-12-2006, 16:26
Good idea!

Maybe a couple of quake style maps with all the planes, but also divided up by years?

Adonis
02-01-2007, 06:28
I like the divided by years idea

Yellow 2
02-01-2007, 10:06
And no restrictions on armament?

Sounds like fun. :D

Firelok
02-01-2007, 11:19
Adding all the planes is easier than selecting them BTW, just add two HomeBase to a pair of chosen airfields on a chosen map (a smallish dogfight one would be good.) make one red coloured and the other blue coloured and you are away. Two red front markers and two blue front markers should give you some territory, chuck some tanks on (if you feel the need for it) and there you go mission complete.
BTW If you want it to lag less then placing versions of all the aircraft as statics might be a bit dull but I doubt it would take more than an hour or two ;)
As for organising them by year this becomes troublesome, to pick a famous example if it's the La5FN that's quoted to be 1943 or is it a 1944 version of the same aircraft, so does it go in 1944 or 1943?
Finally, strange as it may sound there is pleasure to be had making a good-looking working 'mission' that's nice and balanced and has good targets that looks and plays great. What you want here may well be fun to fly but the fun of making it is limited to say the least.
In fact, this is the sort of task were money would have to change hands to get me to do it :D