PDA

View Full Version : Berlin2

NS-IceFire
07-01-2007, 22:29
Its playable for me...but it is a bit slow. I LOVE the concept with the West and East Allies facing off against the Germans. It adds a really neat level of unpredictability. Is that bandit down there a P-47 or an IL-10 or a Yak-3...it means you have to be prepared for almost anything.

Once I did find a target area I found them to be really good looking and nicely populated.

Sonko
07-01-2007, 22:57
I liked the map, although it was killing my fps.
I think the AAA is a bit heavy as I got shot down by it at an altidude of 4000 m in a P-51, the targets are a bit too good defended when coming there alone.

Firelok
08-01-2007, 00:11
I was getting single figure frame rates over the city when I was chased by a Mustang after taking off in a D9 from the western base. The russian airbase and the grassy areas around it where giving me average 35 frames. I left part way through and tried again without hyperlobby/Teamspeak/TeamspeakOverlay and reduced Grfx settings; With this, taxiing at the western blue base it hovered between 15/20 whilst red and blue fighters pinged around the sky overhead.
I enjoyed flying an IL10 to targets on the outskirts but my experiences near the city were wholly negative I'm afraid.

Zorin
08-01-2007, 00:37
Now just think what would have happened if we got BoB in November. Nobody would be able to enjoy even the simplest online dogfight map. Well, I don't expect that this will change till December 07, I'm even today we can even enjoy a well made online dogfight map...

NS-IceFire
08-01-2007, 01:45
I suspect we'll be playing Storm of War: BoB offline for a while before it really picks up online. As you say...even this game taxes our systems to the max in the right situations.

MrAsh
08-01-2007, 09:17
my computer wouldn't allow me to fly over the city in this one, I was happy intercepting bombers south of the city untill System in his P51 showed up, dived and ran for base, low over the city i was getting 2-4fps, ended in a 50cal to the back of the head...

Chatanooga
08-01-2007, 10:29
The planesets were good on this map. Its just a shame that Berlin causes many problems for people.

Is it not worth sacrificing a bit a realisim and relocating this nice idea to a more playable map? (I know it wont be a true berlin map, but be a shame to loose this nice idea)

MrAsh
08-01-2007, 11:00
I have a 128Mb Radeon 9800Pro, (2600XP & 1.5Gb RAM) Ill have a look at this texture compression thingy when I get home.

I really like the map though and the planeset, Its got a nice original feel that would be a real shame to loose, it actually seems worthwhile defending the objectives.

gah I hate computers :wall:

NS-IceFire
08-01-2007, 22:07
Maybe just shift to the south of the city? That way you can still do the east meets west thing. The Berlin map by itself isn't half bad...its the density of the objects in the city that causes the most headaches.