PDA

View Full Version : Latest Japanese fighter

Boemher
18-01-2007, 20:26
Has that new Japanese fighter thingie been added to 44 PTO maps ? Its a lovely plane and Ive yet to see a map where its featured. possibly this is due to be being in a Groundhog day style map routine :rolleyes:

Sonko
18-01-2007, 20:38
It is terrible to aim with this plane! Sizuation: I am in a dive on a bomber and nearly ready to shoot him down and then it happens! The combat flaps appear to lower themselves which ruins my aiming and I am unable to hit him.

Is there an option to turn this reaction of the flaps off?

NS-IceFire
18-01-2007, 22:10
You mean the N1K-2Ja? It should already be a part of the Kyushu map as I added it previously as an AI flyable plane. It is also part of the new Manchuria map.

It's a really late war fighter actually...so its going to only fit on some maps. You could probably put it on the Okinawa map without seriously altering the balance. Its not ultra fast but it can maneuver well in vertical and horizontal plus 4 20mm cannon firepower.

Yellow 2
19-01-2007, 08:59
The flaps took me by suprise the first time I flew it on Historia. I didn't notice any dramatic trim changes when they deployed but then I was turning inside a Thunderbolt which seconds later I shot in half . :D

Algorex
19-01-2007, 10:29
You mean the N1K-2Ja? It should already be a part of the Kyushu map as I added it previously as an AI flyable plane. It is also part of the new Manchuria map.

It's a really late war fighter actually...so its going to only fit on some maps. You could probably put it on the Okinawa map without seriously altering the balance. Its not ultra fast but it can maneuver well in vertical and horizontal plus 4 20mm cannon firepower.

AFAIK it's on okinawa.

Boemher
19-01-2007, 12:26
flew it yesterday on Okinawa. I like the map but its a nightmare for the Blues as Okinawa seems to be built on a bed rock of US AAA :D All of my fights took place in range of the buggers!

Two complaints about the plane, the gunsight is to opaque, I bet its some fool who has modelled the glass to RL thickness and the opacity and refractivity of the texture is overdone. It means that deflection shooting is fine because the gunsight is just the reference point, but sniping is impossible imo. Secondly the flaps popping is offputting at 1st. I rammed DD Rattler because of their unpredictability! I bounced his P38 and was going about 650 km/h I pulled a bit of last minute deflection and the flaps popped and jerked me in to his plane :eek: its quite worrying lol othertimes they are a good feature. It would be nice if they deployed at low speeds as well as at high G. If you are slow but unloaded they retract, like when you are at the top of a hammer head ect

slm
19-01-2007, 20:45
What about Ki-43 II to Solomons? Ki-61 is available already.

Crashin'Sakai
20-01-2007, 04:46
Not surprisingly, I have been practicing N1K2 a lot off-line, and also online in some quake servers / co-ops. But honestly I have not figured out the best approach. It turns/rolls fairly well, but snaps/stalls if I fly it as if I were in Zero. Off-line chasing of F6F is better in terms of speed, but N1K2 does not seem as good an energy fighter as chubby J2M3? I guess I have to fly N1K2 somewhere in the middle way between Zero and energy fighets such as J2M3 / Fw190 / F6F. I also need to get used to the notion that I have to avoid blackout. I rarely fly Spit and La5FN/La7 these days, and lost the second nature to wrorry about blackout.

I did some co-ops with pit-on, and indeed the gunsight is ridiculous. They should also find a way to toggle the flap system between automatic and manual modes, as in the real thing.

What about Ki-43 II to Solomons? Ki-61 is available already.

I often play eight Ki43II's vs eight AVG P-40's off-line using FMB, and it's a complete chaos great fun.

slm
20-01-2007, 05:55
So maybe it would be possible to add that plane to Solomons map?

NS-IceFire
20-01-2007, 23:06
I'm sure it would be. Not sure if anyone wants me to resubmit the map (its not mine originally but I added some stuff to it later on) or if Firelok wants to just go in and add it to the list for the Army base. Probably doesn't need anything more than that.

Boemher
22-01-2007, 10:59
Not surprisingly, I have been practicing N1K2 a lot off-line, and also online in some quake servers / co-ops. But honestly I have not figured out the best approach. It turns/rolls fairly well, but snaps/stalls if I fly it as if I were in Zero. Off-line chasing of F6F is better in terms of speed, but N1K2 does not seem as good an energy fighter as chubby J2M3? I guess I have to fly N1K2 somewhere in the middle way between Zero and energy fighets such as J2M3 / Fw190 / F6F. I also need to get used to the notion that I have to avoid blackout. I rarely fly Spit and La5FN/La7 these days, and lost the second nature to wrorry about blackout.

I did some co-ops with pit-on, and indeed the gunsight is ridiculous. They should also find a way to toggle the flap system between automatic and manual modes, as in the real thing.

I often play eight Ki43II's vs eight AVG P-40's off-line using FMB, and it's a complete chaos great fun.

I fly the N1K2 like a Spitfire IX, compared to the US Navy or USAAF planes it is infinitely more manuverable particulary in sharp climbing turns if you chose to break or in a climbing spiral if you chose to continue the manuver. You need to employ height effectively if you want to catch US planes however, it is slower than most of them, but with energy gained from a dive you can catch bandits and force them to manuver then the ball is firmly in your court.

It is solidly built unlike most other Japanese radial fighters, I was involved in a running dogfight against TigerTalon and another two US fighters. I brought down two of them then was finally forced to ditch after having ran out of fuel. I sustained hits but not enough to hamper my planes performance, and this fight was carried out after having lost an aerilon early on.

Crashin'Sakai
22-01-2007, 13:29
I fly the N1K2 like a Spitfire IX, compared to the US Navy or USAAF planes it is infinitely more manuverable particulary in sharp climbing turns if you chose to break or in a climbing spiral if you chose to continue the manuver. You need to employ height effectively if you want to catch US planes however, it is slower than most of them, but with energy gained from a dive you can catch bandits and force them to manuver then the ball is firmly in your court.

It is solidly built unlike most other Japanese radial fighters, I was involved in a running dogfight against TigerTalon and another two US fighters. I brought down two of them then was finally forced to ditch after having ran out of fuel. I sustained hits but not enough to hamper my planes performance, and this fight was carried out after having lost an aerilon early on.
Great tips, thanks Boehmer, I will test the tactics....
:)