PDA

View Full Version : I'm a UKD2 fanboy

MajorDamage
30-01-2007, 11:21
Having been away for a while I just felt compelled to write a note about how the quality of maps on UK2 has improved. I imagine for you guys it was an incremental thing, but for me coming back after 6 months or so it's been really jaw dropping.

Loads of great new maps but also the tons of little improvements to the old favorites. Carefully thought out tweaks such as airstarts for divebombers etc have done wonders for the overall gameplay on some maps. Cosmetically I'm very aware now of a much better 'atmosphere' on all of the maps. A particular example is the Continuation War map where I used to take off in my TB3 straight out without taxiing (like a Hawker Harrier). Now there is a nice scattering of huts to prevent this, so I have to taxi out and use the runway. The net result has a really important effect for me on the enjoyment of the game. That few seconds of taxiing is just enough to make you look around and set the scene - now you feel like you're on a remote frontline airfield.

Also the new stripped down clear, concise briefs are great. I always felt the old one looked a bit like the small print on a contract and wasn't all that surprised that a lot of folks didn't bother to read it.

A big big well done and thank you to all the map-makers and others who help contribute to the process. Brilliant stuff.

LeadSucker
30-01-2007, 12:11
Agree. Both maps and briefings are great at the moment. The maps (at least most of them ;)) have always been superior. The addition of some eye candy along runways etc has made the experience even better.

Thanks!:)

Firelok
06-02-2007, 20:13
You two really had throngs of back up with this thread :D

But nice to see a little positive post now and then.

p.s. the cheques are in the mail ;) shh....

ForkTailedDevil
06-02-2007, 21:34
I have a whole mess of ideas of Japan vs USSR. We already have some great maps. Ki43's A6M's vs I-16's MiG's and Yak's. Could be fun.

Chatanooga
09-02-2007, 13:31
I've been away this week and not had access to the forums or I would have posted earlier.

I would like to echo Major's comments and extend a well deserved round of applause to all the mapmakers. I would also like to give Firelok a special mention for the huge amount of work he puts in behind the scenes involving maps on UKD2.

Thanks to all map making contributers, you are the backbone of a sucessfull server. :fluffle:

Boemher
09-02-2007, 14:04
Me too, thanks for all the effort Map makers. I think UKD2 is by far the most enjoyable place to play and you are a big reason for this.

MrAsh
09-02-2007, 14:26
yup good job all and a gold star to firelock :D

FlyingFinn
09-02-2007, 19:54
Where can I send the mapmaker's paychecks? :D