PDA

View Full Version : Something brewing...

Firelok
28-02-2007, 15:42
THe map I started to make for UK3 but ended up making Krasnodar.

I got interested in making use of the snowy Stalingrad map and after giving up actually basing a fighter squadron in the encirlement (though I've not totally given up on this idea.)

But what might be going on further south? in the Romanian/Italian sectors, maybe making a map out of the 'second line' planes available for the USSR and the Axis powers.(i.e. not 109G2's or La5's etc)
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/firelokc/Kessel2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/firelokc/Kessel.jpg

BLUE
Bf-109E-7
Bf-109F-4
CR_42
IAR81a
IAR81c
MC-202_VII
RED
LaGG-3series35 (no Vya)
MiG-3ud
Pe-2series84
Yak-7B

The F4 and the LaGG 35 are fairly similar in terms of performance. Blues would definately have more tanks deployed than Red because of the Pe2.

Algorex
28-02-2007, 16:34
Expect of course you can't limit the Vya on FBD ;)

FlyingFinn
28-02-2007, 16:36
The F4 and the LaGG 35 are fairly similar in terms of performance.
First I thought you were kidding but I checked compare and they're quite equal. :eek:

Firelok
28-02-2007, 17:45
Expect of course you can't limit the Vya on FBD ;)

THis is a UK2 map, mate. I started out with planning a Uk3 map in January but I still liked the idea. Problem with doing maps for UK1 and UK3 is it's like putting your kids up for adoption. I never see them, nor am likely too but I'm intensely curious as to what happening in their 'lives' of course the beggars never write.
I have thought of using the short flight time Krasnodar on UK2 because I really want to fly it but UK3 loses an exclusive.

Yeah Finn one of the advantages of this idea is giving similar performance planes to both sides, if it was a 1941 map (with the F4 being brand new, nothing the USSR has comes even close) I'd have to start thinking about i-16s etc.

MajorDamage
28-02-2007, 18:00
I love the look of the targets on this - superb detail. That top pic looks like it should be a mission for Hidden and Dangerous.

Firelok
02-03-2007, 10:29
Done some more...
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/firelokc/kessel3.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/firelokc/kessel4.jpg

Firelok
04-03-2007, 08:39
I've finished this (boring .ini bits and breif too)
Made changes to the planeset however after flying around a bit and bombing
I found the Pe2 just had way too much easy destructive potential to easily balance things, As Blues could at maximum carry one sixth of the bombload.
So I've swapped out the Pe2 for an Il2 fieldmod, which although destructive
needs time strafing etc. Reds still have a higher percentage to destry and there are more tanks for them to kill too. Low level turbulence should hinder accurate IL2 strafing runs too.

BLUE
Bf-109E-7
Bf-109F-4
CR_42
IAR81a
IAR81c
MC-202_VII
RED
LaGG-3series35 (no Vya)
MiG-3ud
IL2 FieldMod (limited)
Yak-7B

Happy
04-03-2007, 09:52
THis is a UK2 map, mate. I started out with planning a Uk3 map in January but I still liked the idea. Problem with doing maps for UK1 and UK3 is it's like putting your kids up for adoption. I never see them, nor am likely too but I'm intensely curious as to what happening in their 'lives' of course the beggars never write.
I have thought of using the short flight time Krasnodar on UK2 because I really want to fly it but UK3 loses an exclusive.

:(

Firelok I sense that adoption is out of the question, yet don't dismiss the idea I would say, they would receive all the love and affection they get in their orginal home and then some more.

We could send postcards or even movies like for example: http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?p=138989#post138989 for that fact.

Maybe there is a chance for an exchange, I'm sure this map has a twin and I'm sure the other home can produce the same too.

would this be an option for you? or to consider?

offcourse you are more then welcome to check out the other home, it's the same yet different in one aspect that's been discussed many many untill infinity.... times. yet still it carries the same atmos, warmth and love...that you find in your home.

I hope that your very unlikely statement, doesn't mean you won't ever take a peek. The door is right open and your more than welcome, besides that aren't your curious to see how your creation is doing that is running around happily, bringing joy to all of us.

the original home I still visit yet i find it hard to hang in there for hours like I used to do just because of that one thing that seperates it. It's not the people it's just me getting :( when I try stuff that don't work, so I think I can relate to your side.

So in whatever home we'll be I'll always be honoured to fly with thee.

Happy

Firelok
04-03-2007, 12:55
Nice of you to say that Happy but the thought of being the challenge equivalent of a towed target doesnt appeal:D Also I've dedicated countless hours to UK2 offline over the last year and it's kind of in my blood now.

Happy
04-03-2007, 17:37
the thought of being the challenge equivalent of a towed target doesnt appeal

I have the same thing these days on 2, I feel it's like flying with a big neon sign, no matter who or where or what you do people will always find you, through cloud wind or rain i'm not safe to disengage, hide or surprise anyone. And where there is one there are more joining the party in a line astern aiming from at dead six..

never felt like a towed target..though..

Daytrader
04-03-2007, 18:57
off topic i loved the clangers firelok :)

and the map looks great also.

Firelok
05-03-2007, 00:18
Tested this and it needs a minor tweak. I blundered and put the wrong Yak in the actual mission for one thing. I'll be mucking about with the time of day a bit too.It's got a few too many tanks here and there and I'll be altering this.

One problem is that Red base only supports 16 spawn points maximum, so on an absolutely full server blues have 18 and reds 16, now this isn't a team difference I'd start requiring balance over( I usually only do that if it's a three or more imbalance.) Adding more spawn points by plonking a static runway here is easy enough done but aesthetically hideous.

Firelok
08-03-2007, 12:56
Made some changes again, altered the cloud settings so we don't have low-level turbulence (it just discouraged ground attacking.)
Fixed the Ju87 limits (no AB bombs or 1000kg bombs; max is 1x500kg2x250kg)
Swapped out some tanks on both sides for lighter targets and decreased the kill %tage across the board by 5%.
Strangely things worked better with the 'wrong Yak'(Yak1b) on the first test so these are available again in limited numbers and I've imposed a limit on the Bf109F4 too.
Getting some of the other blue planes flying is my aim here, and to indicate that the Romanians didn't have access to lots of them. The IAR and the E7/B and MC-202_VII should still perform well against the VVS types here.

Sonko
13-03-2007, 11:29
I have played it today and I liked it - is it available for UKD3 too?