PDA

View Full Version : Luzon

NS-IceFire
21-03-2007, 21:40
Early 1945...invasion of Luzon in the Philipeans. This map uses the northern portion of the Singapore map which is currently not well used anywhere.

http://colin.polariscreations.com/images/luzon01.jpg
http://colin.polariscreations.com/images/luzon02.jpg
http://colin.polariscreations.com/images/luzon03.jpg
http://colin.polariscreations.com/images/luzon04.jpg

Japanese
A6M5b
A6M5c
G4M1_11
Ki-43-II-Kai
Ki-84-Ia
N1K2-Ja

American
F4U-1A
F6F-5
A-20G
P-47D-27
P-51B-NA
P-51C-NT

Thoughts? Comments?

FlyingFinn
21-03-2007, 21:47
I love pacific!

Is there any maps wit those "Flying Tigers" P-40Bs against the Japanese counterparts?

irish
21-03-2007, 21:58
Dump the P51B&C. replace with P51DNT

how about the J2M3(5)?

MajorDamage
21-03-2007, 22:22
Dump the P51B&C. replace with P51DNT

how about the J2M3(5)?

Were these planes present during this campaign? I'm not that familiar with it and haven't got time to go Googling right now :D

Looks really cool, Ice. Did all those palm trees come free with the map or did you place them?

NS-IceFire
21-03-2007, 22:30
Most of the palms are from the map. I placed very few of them.

I wanted to keep the J2M3 and 5 off of this map. The N1K is extremely capable and I wanted to showcase it. It might be limited depending on balance. The P-51B/C I wanted to use instead of the D...but we'll see how that goes...might reconsider that. Types of planes used here are somewhat sketchy...but I know there were Ki-84s and I think this is where the only Ki-61-Hei were used (I can't remember). The plane list is somewhat chopped down into specific versions that I wanted to show rather than recreate some of our other late war Pacific scenarios.

Firelok
21-03-2007, 23:04
N1K and Ki84 an interesting central two, I think your 100% right keeping out the J2M3 it can be a bit problematic balance wise.

Sonko
07-07-2007, 01:46
Hey Ice, are you still on it? I just found this beauty sleeping and I'd like to wake it up! :)

NS-IceFire
07-07-2007, 02:25
Good reminder...I had forgotten all about it :)

Something I might be able to sneak some time in on the weekend.

NS-IceFire
10-07-2007, 00:19
Ok I'm back to work on this one...made some nice changes, tweaks, and various upgrades. Its nearly done!

Firelok
17-07-2007, 16:07
I'm real interested to see what this one looks like, it's a rather special area of the Singapore map, I was sightseeing over it the other night. N1K1-J is an odd plane with the automatic flaps, great for an almost instant 180 to go back for the head on.

NS-IceFire
17-07-2007, 22:14
Almost done...just need to do the targets. Which is now much easier!

irish
17-07-2007, 22:44
Have you reconsidered using the P51D because the Ki84 will eat everything else up

NS-IceFire
18-07-2007, 00:06
I'll think about that...I wanted to make this different than Okinawa and Kyushu...the P-51B/C IS faster than the D and it is just the Ki-84-Ia so I figured that'd be alright. Hrmmm...

MajorDamage
18-07-2007, 00:24
Why don't we test it with the P51B/C and see how it goes? If it seems like the Ki84's are ruling we can change em to D's easily enough. Looking forward to seeing this one Ice, even though you've left out my J2M3 ;) . Now I'm going to have to fly a different late war Japanese plane. :D

irish
18-07-2007, 01:21
I'll think about that...I wanted to make this different than Okinawa and Kyushu...the P-51B/C IS faster than the D and it is just the Ki-84-Ia so I figured that'd be alright. Hrmmm...

Why don't we test it with the P51B/C and see how it goes? If it seems like the Ki84's are ruling we can change em to D's easily enough. Looking forward to seeing this one Ice, even though you've left out my J2M3 ;) . Now I'm going to have to fly a different late war Japanese plane. :D

Actually, thinking about it-why not do away with the P51 alltogether and substitute the P38L. I know for a fact that Maj. Bong's FG was in theatre

IceDoThisAndI'llLoveYou4Evah!!!!

Reasoning: The P47 is allready a great High altitude performer....the P38L is great at mid to High alt. Restrict the loadouts on the P38 (no rockets, no 1000lb bombs) and put them on an air start out to sea to simulate having to fly from bases in the Pacific/SOPAC. whaddyasay?

NS-IceFire
20-07-2007, 23:58
Tempting Irish...very tempting. I'm going to see how it plays out in the current iteration and if I see something out of place for the Red team then the P-38 would be my first option.

The map is basically done...I'm going to give it a once over and then send it out tonight. Firelok's new technique of figuring out target areas for the INI is so bloody easy compared to the old method that I was able to do that really quickly so I'm almost done!

Firelok
21-07-2007, 00:51
Ice, the british weather has conspired to literally sink my 10 day break, the site I was going to for this Medieval re-enactment is under a foot of water, Along with the rest of Southern England it seems.:wall:

So I shouldn't be available to server-ise this but I am, looks like us Ice fanboys are going to get an earlier viewing.:D

MajorDamage
21-07-2007, 09:58
the site I was going to for this Medieval re-enactment is under a foot of water,

That sounds suitably authentic to me. You're all lightweights - why don't you all just turn up anyway and catch the bubonic plague? :D

Firelok
21-07-2007, 10:38
That sounds suitably authentic to me. You're all lightweights - why don't you all just turn up anyway and catch the bubonic plague? :D

Well the event organisers cancelled mate, no punters no show. THis shows a lack of zeal by British parents for failing to drag their small children through the flood waters. Come and see the half-drowned Jesters. Personally I'm quite happy camping in a foot and a half of water with more rain to come, because I'm from 'Up North'.;)

NS-IceFire
21-07-2007, 15:02
Alright ladys and gents...mission ZIP is off to Firelok. So hopefully we'll get a chance to try it out in the nearish future.

Firelok
21-07-2007, 18:08
Uploaded to server as Luzon45.mis I took the liberty of adding some static cameras over the targets hope this is Ok.

NS-IceFire
21-07-2007, 18:54
Good move...I always forget the static cameras!

Tried to play just now but my computer is going wonky.

Firelok
26-07-2007, 03:22
We ran Luzon45 this evening and it was a blast. On Kyushu and Okinawa the N1K is often passed over for the Ki84s and J2Ms, here it really showed what it can do.

I know the reds had a blast too with all the F4Us ground pounding options, quite a lot of P47s flying too which was great.

Performance wise the Singapore map was OK in general, the only area I had problems with was the central bridge target for blues. The amount of tracer here was incredible, a real 4th of July/ Guy Fawks night it went quite slow over this area.

I was curious as to what most of it was (it didn't look exactly like .50cal AA to me) so I had a peek. I was suprised to find out a lot of it (asides from the usual 2 or 3 .50cal AA sites.) was the .50cal low-tripod infantry support weapon, I didn't think this type could track planes and just fired down range.

I don't think they hit much compared to the dedicated AAA but they did make it go slow. Would you object to me changing them over to static versions? I figure it's probably easier if your computer's on the fritz.
Other than this little thing this puppy is good to go I reckon.

NS-IceFire
27-07-2007, 03:22
Yep fine to make the modifications on the targets. I was sort of hoping to create a bit of a ground battle down there but I ended up taking that out and just left the .50cals. I didn't realize they'd fire on planes!

Firelok
27-07-2007, 05:02
Yep fine to make the modifications on the targets. I was sort of hoping to create a bit of a ground battle down there but I ended up taking that out and just left the .50cals. I didn't realize they'd fire on planes!

I've used them (and the MG42 infantry support) and not witnessed it. I'll tweak this and add it to the cycle there's no need to test it again.
*edit*
Added to cycle after Finland. map name Luzon45.mis

irish
29-07-2007, 18:03
Got to say, this map is Hotel Sierra. Bad to the Bone. The Big Kahuna. All that and yo' momma.:)

This is honestly some of the best fun I've had flying IL2 online. And I flew Blue for all but one sortie.

I really get the feeling that it's the Phillipine Islands

NS-IceFire
30-07-2007, 01:42
Got to say, this map is Hotel Sierra. Bad to the Bone. The Big Kahuna. All that and yo' momma.:)

This is honestly some of the best fun I've had flying IL2 online. And I flew Blue for all but one sortie.

I really get the feeling that it's the Phillipine Islands

Even... "Top Banana?" :D

Thanks irish! I sort of sat on this one for a while even wondering how well it would work...but it seems to be doing well!

Zorin
07-08-2007, 00:45
Really nice map with good match ups.

Only question I have, could we get the F4U-1C on the carrier? Late war Japanese planes aren't set ablaze as easy as the early types and therefor I'd like to have four Hispanos instead of 6x50cals.

And they won't unbalance the map cause most pilots can't even take of with a F4U from a static carrier anyway.

irish
07-08-2007, 02:21

Only question I have, could we get the F4U-1C on the carrier? Late war Japanese planes aren't set ablaze as easy as the early types and therefor I'd like to have four Hispanos instead of 6x50cals.

And they won't unbalance the map cause most pilots can't even take of with a F4U from a static carrier anyway.

Trust me, I love the F4U-1C.....but, they were a design more or less rushed into service to counter the kamikaze threat (which first showed up during the return to the Phillipines). They weren't around until the Okinawa campaign :(

Algorex
07-08-2007, 12:32

A few nights ago we were doing OK against the IJA fighters not only in our fighter-bomber Corsairs but also in Jugs which was quite suprising as the fight was usually below the clouds.

The cannons are not essensial so i'd leave them out.