PDA

View Full Version : 130+ new objects for the FMB

NS-IceFire
10-04-2007, 22:21
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/2091045945

This is very impressive indeed! Some of those are really specific but I can see the rest being very useful to us...especially the generic ruined castle!

irish
10-04-2007, 23:17
very cool indeed:D

MajorDamage
10-04-2007, 23:52
Wow, I really didn't think there would be any new stuff for this game after 4.08. Some really useful stuff - I was just thinking the other day that we really needed tank obstacles/barbed wire etc. Excellent stuff.

Daytrader
11-04-2007, 00:21
very nice indeed, can any be used as targets on maps i mean destroyed or not ? thx

FlyingFinn
11-04-2007, 05:14
Two words: High poly :eek:

Paulie
11-04-2007, 08:37
How depressing for the people that put in all this lovely work that 90% of the flying public probably wouldn't even notice.

I often think it would be nice to have a 'flyable' Kubelwagen or jeep to drive around some of the scenery put together by the map makers while on admin duty.

Yellow 2
11-04-2007, 09:13
Anything that adds to the sim is to be welcomed and the new maps will help keep things fresh. Is it likely that the Norway map will be released at the same time?

One last patch to take us to the year end and then on to BoB. :D

Algorex
11-04-2007, 09:23
Anything that adds to the sim is to be welcomed and the new maps will help keep things fresh. Is it likely that the Norway map will be released at the same time?

Norway map is out, mate ;)

Release date in two months...

MajorDamage
11-04-2007, 09:44
I often think it would be nice to have a 'flyable' Kubelwagen or jeep to drive around some of the scenery put together by the map makers while on admin duty.

Mmm, perhaps they could include a flyable swagger stick and flyable handlebar moustache. :D

Yellow 2
11-04-2007, 12:39
Norway map is out, mate ;)

Release date in two months...

You know I had a feeling that was the case :o Just shows I've lost touch this last few months. I must make more of an effort to keep up to date. :D

Happy
11-04-2007, 13:34
Is it likely that the Norway map will be released at the same time?

ehm, isn't the norway map alrdy been added?

it's hardly been seen on servers and I think that mainly it's due to the fact that the airbases and flighttimes are massive, thus limiting factor for mapmakers who want to design one for dogfightservers.:(

if they could only bring out an online map of it, that would be a be a good idea (starts drafting a letter aka petition for maddox department)

Daytrader
11-04-2007, 13:42
ehm, isn't the norway map alrdy been added?

it's hardly been seen on servers and I think that mainly it's due to the fact that the airbases and flighttimes are massive, thus limiting factor for mapmakers who want to design one for dogfightservers.:(

if they could only bring out an online map of it, that would be a be a good idea (starts drafting a letter aka petition for maddox department)

so is it just for coop then ? can we play this map on single player.

Veta
11-04-2007, 13:47
so is it just for coop then ? can we play this map on single player.It can be used offline and online, providing you can find a mission with it or create your own. Happy's remarks regarding dogfight mode are simply highlighting the difficulties the map presents if players do not wish to fly lengthy distances to engage the enemy.

Daytrader
11-04-2007, 13:51
roger that ;)

T}{OR
11-04-2007, 14:28

UKDedicated MegaMission (http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?t=13485) ;)

Firelok
11-04-2007, 18:59
Barbed wire fencing, haystacks and tank traps are all great additions to our object list. Five or Six Middle European Castles maybe less so but I'm interested to see the maps they've created with these new objects. Their addition of individual soldiers might make for some good repair crew set ups.

As for the little details not being noticed I think they are over time, it's nice to spot a little detail you not seen before. It shows that whoever has made the map is really making an effort to entertain.

Daytrader
12-04-2007, 13:33
UKDedicated MegaMission (http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?t=13485) ;)

thx for link thor.

Whirlinmerlin
12-04-2007, 14:52
Mmm, flyable handlebar moustache. :D

According to one bomber command sqn ldr 'a moustache is only a moustache if it can be seen from behind!'

NS-IceFire
13-04-2007, 22:55

You can play any map anywhere in any mode of the game. Nothing to stop that from being done. Its more about practicality and flight times in the online versus offline worlds.

Tirpitz2 will feature the Normandy map.

Daytrader
13-04-2007, 23:13
im rubbish at makeing missions, but i might try just so i can have a fly around :)

MajorDamage
13-04-2007, 23:45
Tirpitz2 will feature the Normandy map.

You mean the Norway map, right? Not sure we need another Normandy map! :D

NS-IceFire
30-04-2007, 23:59
You mean the Norway map, right? Not sure we need another Normandy map! :D

Yes...the Norway map...Norway...Normandy...brain is gone. Where has it gone? :mp5:

FlyingFinn
01-05-2007, 08:38
Yes...the Norway map...Norway...Normandy...brain is gone. Where has it gone? :mp5:
You might want to look for it all over the cockpit floor. Those MK108s are nasty when they hit the back of you head, you know... :D