PDA

View Full Version : How do you get plane selection in FMB?

doc
25-05-2007, 01:11
Hi
Using FMB I create a homebase and want to be able to select from a range of aircraft when I start my mission. I can set the mission to start with 1 chosen plane from the base but cannot get it to give me a choice when the mission starts. I had an FMB manual but cannot find it and the only one I can find online does not cover this.

Cheers

Doc

Sonko
25-05-2007, 01:40
You have to save your mission in the /Net/Dogfight directory. You may also not place AI aircrafts with waypoints etc. on it.

But I don't know how to create a coop mission, I think it works somewhat different.

Or did I completely miss your point?

doc
25-05-2007, 07:44
Hi Sonko
Doesn't work I'm afraid.
What I want is that when I run my mission with 1 base on it and select that base I can choose from a list of planes available.

Cheers

Doc

bokatar
25-05-2007, 08:09
Did u change the home base color from none to red/blue?

doc
25-05-2007, 08:15
Yep:)

Veta
25-05-2007, 08:23
Presumably you have no AI aircraft in the mission, so none of these are set to player already? An extract from something I wrote many, many moons ago...

To add a base go to your object window and scroll down until you see Home Base. Select this and place a base near an airfield already marked in white on the map. The next step is to define which side this airfield belongs by going to the Properties tab and select the side’s colour. If desired the aircraft flyable from that airfield can be restricted. This is possible from the Aircraft tab.

If you do that and have saved the mission in the ...\Missions\Net\dogfight folder it should work fine. The mission has to be run as a multiplayer dogfight; basically you host a LAN game for yourself.

Algorex
25-05-2007, 09:41
Now now, hold on. Are you creating an online or an offline mission?

In latter case you need to add the planes individually and set them waypoints (one is enough, the take off).

doc
25-05-2007, 09:57
Thanks Veta
Yep, done that.
So I am in FMB and that is done and saved (also front markers on, other than that I have only done what you suggested). I try to run it from FMB and cannot see a base or select anything. Am I missing something completely. How do I run it?

Thanks

Doc

Chalk_Pit
25-05-2007, 18:50
I know where doc is coming from with this, as I am having the same problems.

All the missions I have done so far, are made with pre-set aircraft I have specified, added and waypointed precisely myself.

Can you not have a COOP mission where pilots can pick their own aircraft without them having been pre-placed my the mission creator ?

I have read through the manual and it mentions placing 'spawn points'.

How do you do this ?

I can't see 'spawn point' in the objects lists.

thanks

doc
25-05-2007, 18:54
Thanks Chalk_pit
See my other post - I explained it my problem badly here.
Algorex sorted it spot on!
Homebase only works on dogfight.
See other later thread - any problems just yell and I will help.

Cheers

Doc

Algorex
26-05-2007, 00:19
If you do that and have saved the mission in the ...\Missions\Net\dogfight folder it should work fine. The mission has to be run as a multiplayer dogfight; basically you host a LAN game for yourself.

I really can't the glory fir this as it was Veta who guessed it first.

doc
26-05-2007, 14:59
In which case thanks to Veta for thinking it out and thanks to Algorex for passing it on!!

Cheers guys - it works!