PDA

View Full Version : Spawning on carriers

Diggy111
02-08-2007, 10:45
Hi to all you mapmakers -
When I fly from a carrier in a scenario which features this option, I very often witness incidents where a player spawns in front of another player already beginning his takeoff roll, or a player trying to takeoff without checking to see if there is another player in front who has not yet taken off.

Is there a way to design a scenario with carriers so that this can be avoided ? It's such a waste to be destroyed so often in these kinds of mishaps.

PS - I didn't mention similar problems with landing on carriers, though I believe spawning accidents to be just as possible.

Veta
02-08-2007, 11:33
Not really as spawn points are hard coded. In fact I've encountered similar problems on land-based air strips; I start taxiing towards the runway and an aircraft spawns in front of me.

You have to rely on some luck, but a little communication may help.

KaiserB_uk
02-08-2007, 12:06
Accidents on landing shouldn't be an issue as there is usually a specific carrier for landing on (denoted by green lights? Or red? Whichever there's one of!).

Firelok
02-08-2007, 12:10
It's about players being hasty more than anything else and impatient, you do have unavoidable accidents but a lot are because people are in a rush at the beginning of a map and such. Same with guys charging across the runway from their spawnpoint. Two incidents in the last week illustrate this clearly,

one- [BFs]System has spawned behind a plane that's yet to take off (and is taking his time, another guy spawns behind System and starts spamming the chat bar ordering System to take off (which he can't do.) The guy at the back loses it and rams all three planes. They all respawn it happens again except this guy at the back just decides to drop his bombs.

two- [BFs]Kaiser is landing after a successful sortie last night carefully braking to a stop on the runway, Boom! he get's wacked from the side by a guy who has just throttled up across the airfield, no taxiway takeoff, just open the throttles and go without looking.

KaiserB_uk
02-08-2007, 12:30
Yeah I was a bit miffed ;) The guy actually didn't 'do a Wardy', but instead attempted to takeoff using the runway, while I was still on it (coming the other way).

Firelok
02-08-2007, 12:40
Look we all do a 'Wardy' every now and then, Base is under attack must scramble, mates coming home under attack, that sort of thing. But you actually need to look left and right before committing to this risky course of action.

Professor
02-08-2007, 18:36
There is absolutely no other solution except a bit of the patience from other players.