PDA

View Full Version : Object Viewer

stanford
02-08-2007, 18:10
Object List for Map Builders - PDF Format

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=2597

MajorDamage
02-08-2007, 18:16
If that works for you then go for it. TBH though you sort of get used to FMB's little foibles after a while. If you click the 'Show' box and then select an object in the list so it's highlighted you can use your mousewheel to scroll through all the objects really quickly. Has the advantage of displaying the object in 3D. I used an object list in Word format when I started doing FMB stuff but I actually found it took me longer to scroll through them in that than it did in the FMB.

stanford
02-08-2007, 18:20
Ah you see, you're a professional. It helps me to have a list of "Airfield" objects and so on all split in to categories.

NS-IceFire
03-08-2007, 21:17
It may be sad...but I've started to memorize the first 1/3rd of the objects list so that I know what number I want before I even check to make sure.... :(

:D

Firelok
03-08-2007, 23:29
Your not the only one Ice, good old Object_157 (circular sandbags:D )

I quite often plonk an object down then use Pg Un and Pg Down to spam through the list at high speed.

Another time saver is every time you add an object it will add another with
Cntrl LMB so I chuck samples of most of the objects I want (for an airfeild say)
all over the area I want select them and then start doodling with placing copies
of these sample objects.
Also I'm not sure if I can say I've ever kept to just airfield objects on an airfield
theres all sorts of useful little sheds etc right through the object list.

But it is in the end 'whatever floats your boat':)

NS-IceFire
04-08-2007, 01:33
I agree...its purely an artistic thing when it comes to placing objects (which is probably why I love it so much - its like playing with lego!) so anything goes. Whatever works for you.

And yes...object 157, 166 and others :)

Sonko
04-08-2007, 22:40
You are crazy, you are using numbers instead of letters for comunicating! :D