PDA

View Full Version : who made that great map..

Happy
02-04-2008, 01:03
map 1941, russian v germans.

ground targets where quite nice, low cloud cover.
airfield was beautifull done, AA was quite good too, not uber yet if you lingered or did a straight on pass you could get into trouble.
U2 where blue targets where.. all in all my thx for putting this map up.

was jolly good fun. :p

Firelok
02-04-2008, 14:59
map 1941, russian v germans.

ground targets where quite nice, low cloud cover.
airfield was beautifull done, AA was quite good too, not uber yet if you lingered or did a straight on pass you could get into trouble.
U2 where blue targets where.. all in all my thx for putting this map up.

was jolly good fun. :p

Dude there must be about 30 maps that fill all these criteria 1941 russian vs germans?

Was is this???

Kauen

Time: 10.45
Cloud: Hazy.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/firelokc/Kauen.jpg
Overview:July 1941
Barbarossa has been quite successful in its first month and the Wehrmacht is advancing through the Kurland region. This makes the cover for the Russian retreat the most important task for the VVS, while the Luftwaffe takes advantage of the long rows of fleeing Russian forces.

Mission Objectives:
The REDS attack must destroy:-
95% of the armored division in (V 3)
95% of the armored division in (V 2)
The BLUES attack must destroy:-
95% of the troops in (U 1)
95% of the aux. airfield in (U 1)

RED
I-16type18
Il-2_1940_Late
Yak-1
Yak-7A

BLUE
Bf-109E-7
Ju-87B-2=1SC1000

Just guessing, we have a lot of good maps.

When's your next one Happy?;) :)

Happy
02-04-2008, 15:44
firelok, that's the one!

could have known you where behind that one :p
as to my mapmaking..

dunno really, real life is keeping me mighty busy and I just received a new job application form and the physical stuff on there is daunting so I'm making a schedule now to train for it.

it would help if the map development section of il2 would be a bit less time consuming. all those objects with no name to select and no real clue as to height sure makes for a lot of time consuming work. And I'm not at home with the server command kind of things.

besides that I have to do an even better job than desertII and tulagi.

btw what is that map you made with the hurricanes1b, spits Vb and hurri C versus 109 emil etc. one target is north west, it's road with vehicles, map known for multiple target areas, germans are NE of the map.
one that really saw some great action on both sides, all the times..

Zorin
02-04-2008, 19:24
firelok, that's the one!

could have known you where behind that one :p

I made that one ;)

But it sure ain't a bad sign for it to be mistaken for a Firelok map creation. :)

Happy
02-04-2008, 20:10
nope sure isn''t map is good fun to play..

I just was on UK3 and think I need a change in scenery.. getting 4 times :(
on the maps.. with flying time being limited by R/L I don't have the patience anymore to sit things out waiting for the next one.

just wonder what happened to some of the older maps.. ah well can't be bothered anymore, just finding it a tad dissapointing I guess.

Letum
02-04-2008, 20:34
well, kauen is in UKD3...

Zorin
02-04-2008, 22:24
nope sure isn''t map is good fun to play..

I just was on UK3 and think I need a change in scenery.. getting 4 times :(
on the maps.. with flying time being limited by R/L I don't have the patience anymore to sit things out waiting for the next one.

just wonder what happened to some of the older maps.. ah well can't be bothered anymore, just finding it a tad dissapointing I guess.

I didn't get what you tried to express here. :confused: