PDA

View Full Version : Coop missions - setting take-off from airfield???

doc
07-07-2008, 19:54
Hu guys
Has my brain gone completeiy? I've made loads of missions and I'm just sorting out a coop mission from a previous one. I cannot get the planes to take-off from an airfield - they always airstart.

I've tried
[1] using a Home Base and adding a flight of 4 planes, set waypoints and first one set as takeoff - all do airstart

[2] using airstrips (not the airstart one!!!) and adding a flight of 4 planes, waypoints and set to takeoff

Everything runs with an airstart. I've downloaded a load of coop missions and spent an hour, but everyone I loaded was an airstart!

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

I've lost the plot - salvage vessel needed!

:fluffle:

doc

Algorex
07-07-2008, 20:03
Put the first waypoint over an airfield and change its type to take off, it should move to the end of the runway and lock in to place.

doc
07-07-2008, 20:20
It does mate and then I run it as a coop mission its an airstart!!!

Haven't put border flags in but that shouldn't make any difference!

Algorex
07-07-2008, 20:31
It might make a difference as border lines define what airfields are friendly.

doc
07-07-2008, 20:48
Put front markers in - made sure that 2nd waypoint is not too high ar fast to make sense - still get an airstart.

doc

Bladebender
07-07-2008, 21:04
^^^^

Is "Takeoff and Landings" un-checked in your difficulties panel?

Or...

Maybe you have too many planes assigned to that airstrip.

Nightshifter
07-07-2008, 21:22
^^^^

Is "Takeoff and Landings" un-checked in your difficulties panel?

Place your bets :D

doc
07-07-2008, 22:04
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Bugger!

doc

FlyingFinn
07-07-2008, 22:36
Doc, doc... :D

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d59/GaZe9/facepalm.jpg

doc
07-07-2008, 23:52
Hey Finn, where do you get that picture of the guy who runs our local chippy?

Serious question - how do I get the planes to take off in the other direction - tried everything?

PREVIOUS POST : I've never switched takeoff and landing off ever :eek: :eek: :eek: - I did install the new FMB thing the other day though???

doc

Zorin
07-07-2008, 23:58
Hey Finn, where do you get that picture of the guy who runs our local chippy?

Serious question - how do I get the planes to take off in the other direction - tried everything?

PREVIOUS POST : I've never switched takeoff and landing off ever :eek: :eek: :eek: - I did install the new FMB thing the other day though???

doc

Just put the take-off thingy on the other end of the runway and adjsut the next waypoints accordingly

doc
08-07-2008, 01:31
Cheers mate
But that is silly! I wanted it to takeoff from right to left so I put it at the right-hand end and next waypoint some distance to the left - so it takes off to the right and turns round :eek:

If I put it at the left hand end and put the waypoint further to the left then it starts off from the right-hand end and takes off at the left hand end - so you need to put it at the end it lifts off from and not the end it starts from!!!

At least it works.

Thanks again

doc

Zorin
08-07-2008, 01:39
Cheers mate
But that is silly! I wanted it to takeoff from right to left so I put it at the right-hand end and next waypoint some distance to the left - so it takes off to the right and turns round :eek:

If I put it at the left hand end and put the waypoint further to the left then it starts off from the right-hand end and takes off at the left hand end - so you need to put it at the end it lifts off from and not the end it starts from!!!

At least it works.

Thanks again

doc

that's why it is called the take-off point ;)

Nightshifter
08-07-2008, 01:43
I love this thread :)

Bofors.
08-07-2008, 08:11
I love this thread :)

Yup, very nice :D
Maybe I will learn something useful ;)

doc
08-07-2008, 08:54
(continued for Shifter's benefit :D - see you tonight mate!)
So, every object is placed on the map at its starting point including planes - but except for a plane that will, at a specified time take off - it is placed 100's of metres away at the opposite end of the runway - nice one Oleg.

You'll be telling me next that when I want a plane to land I put the landing icon at the end where it stops and not the end where it lands :eek: :wall:

How about the icon for ground attack - we could have a whale of a time putting it miles away from where the attack will actually take place :cool:

Hi Shifter, still with us mate. You can laugh, you're flying it tonight! Please practice beforehand

[1] taking off from the wrong place flying backwards in the direction you don't want to go in

[2] trying to drop bombs from miles away at a target you can't yet see

[3] landing in the wrong place flying backwards in the direction you don't want to go in to arrive, like Alice in Wonderland, back home.

Still, look forward to it mate - it sounds great - maybe we could create a game like this :eek:

doc