PDA

View Full Version : Kyushu Upgrade

NS-IceFire
07-09-2008, 17:54
Kyushu has been remade twice so far and I think its time for a third try. Its a map that I really like to use and I think its a semi-successful package on both UK-1 and UK-2...both versions of the map are different (I believe JtD made changes for UK-1) but neither are as good as it could be.

Some common complaints include flight times that are too long and that the Allies have airstarts while Japan doesn't. Some have complained that Japan doesn't have any targets to attack...which is true...its a defensive mission for them.

So I'd like to make some changes:

- reduce flight times
- restructure the bases
- trim the planeset slightly
- add additional targets for Japan to attack (maybe)
- change the Allied targets to be both more interesting and more achievable

I'd like to retain:

- a wide variety of Japanese Army and Navy as well as US Army and Navy aircraft
- level bombers if possible
- strategic industrial targets

What do people think? I'd like to make this one a hit on all servers if possible.

FlyingFinn
07-09-2008, 18:12
Airstart for the Ki-43, Ki-61, Ki-100 and the FM-2? They really aren't a threat and it would make them more popular. Now you pretty much see everyone either flying the J2M or N1K2. Plus the allies get an airstart while all the Japanese planes have to take off.

Navy planes airstart over a fleet in an opposite direction compared to the army planes? This could possibly help with the basecamping? The fleet could act as a target.

Add the G2M1 and G2M2 bombers for the Japanese? Possibly an airstart? Add the Ki-46/N1K1 series aswell? And as an added bonus a limited supply of Do-335s to present the last day fighter J7W1 Shinden? :D

Oh_Frustration
07-09-2008, 18:15
Only the last one isn't the thing I'd like to see, all the others sound like great ideas!

ForkTailedDevil
08-09-2008, 13:20
Not sure about the Do335. Maybe if u restrict the bomb loadout. The Ki46 with the upward firing cannon would be very interesting.

NS-IceFire
09-09-2008, 03:14
I don't personally like the Do-335 idea. But I like allot of the other options. I've spent some time with the map and still haven't figured out anything just yet.

Algorex
09-09-2008, 09:41
How about building an harbour area as the main red target, USAAF comes from a bit futher away from an airstart with high alt stuff like B-29s and Jugs, the British Pacific Fleet is closer with avengers, corsairs, hellcats and seafires doubling as the target for blues.

Luxchamp
09-09-2008, 11:55
And as an added bonus a limited supply of Do-335s to present the last day fighter J7W1 Shinden? :D

http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/shoryuken.jpg

NS-IceFire
09-09-2008, 23:08
How about building an harbour area as the main red target, USAAF comes from a bit futher away from an airstart with high alt stuff like B-29s and Jugs, the British Pacific Fleet is closer with avengers, corsairs, hellcats and seafires doubling as the target for blues.

That might work...I think for that to work it might have to be moved to the northern section of the map. But that could work.

MajorDamage
09-09-2008, 23:28
I think Algore's suggestion is sensible. It's far-fetched to have any sort of target for the Japanese at this stage in the war, but if you're going to have one then a carrier group seems the only reasonable option. I like the idea of keeping a reasonably long flight time for the bombers, or maybe even extending it - they need time to climb and/or form up, and I've experienced blues basecamping the airstart at 3k on more than one occasion. :wall:

Good to see you getting back into the map building, Ice. :)

NS-IceFire
11-09-2008, 03:26
Yeah I had to take a break but I had the itch :)

So...would B-29s bombing a harbour in the north part of the map seem like a potential option? I'll investigate it. There are some areas in the north that may work for this. In the south I'm not so sure.

Oh_Frustration
11-09-2008, 06:27
West coast of the peninsula would do for me :)

NS-IceFire
12-09-2008, 04:24
West coast of the peninsula would do for me :)
Where exactly? Most of its pretty barren and there are no sheltered areas conducive for a proper harbour.

Oh_Frustration
12-09-2008, 16:31
I just found out this was about UKD2 again so... *Runs away in panic*

NS-IceFire
14-09-2008, 18:24
I just found out this was about UKD2 again so... *Runs away in panic*

Its about the instance of the map on all three servers.