PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorming

FlyingFinn
16-11-2008, 11:59
*WARNING*
Disclaimer
The following was thought up after a long session in the sauna and after far too many cranberry gins.

As we have a couple of "what if" scenarios in the cycle would it hurt to make an alternate history scenario?

I thought of a matchup of the Kriegsmarine pitted against the Imperial Japanese Navy.

Some backround for this conflict (purely comical of course):
"1941 - Great Brittain has fallen and now the Germans seek to control the unruly waves with aircraft carriers and whatnot. Invasion of USSR is postponed. At the same time however the empire of the rising sun is harboring their greatest resource ever: tuna fish! The Germans are quick to realize the tides of war are to the empire's advantage with such natural riches at their hands. The Kriegsmarine sets out to conquer the untapped tunafish waters of the Pacific for the glory of the Reich and their leader."

A rather even matchup I think.
A6M2-21
Bf-109E-4/B

D3A1
B5N2
Ju-87B-2

The Kriegsmarine could have two carriers in a line to ease the landing without arresting hooks.

Thoughts? Historical accuracy is out the window but this could be fun :D

*edit*
This could be the fist map where a 3rd side, USMC (also looking for a monopoly over the tuna) could be present?

Barney
16-11-2008, 14:53
Thats interesting, I have seen 4 side on a server before.
Yellow
Red
Blue
Green

Cinnibar
16-11-2008, 15:08
This would be an excellent opportunity to place German Floatplanes on the board.

trashcanman
16-11-2008, 23:59
The following was thought up after a long session in the sauna

is harboring their greatest resource ever: tuna fish!

I'm guessing you weren't in that sauna on your own ... ;)

Why not a Malta style scenario with German carriers delivering Emils and Stukas to an island out post that is under attack from an IJN carrier group (hell bent on reaching the tuna ....:))

NS-IceFire
17-11-2008, 00:29
Thats interesting, I have seen 4 side on a server before.
Yellow
Red
Blue
Green

Notice JTD said FBD or SC enabled server. The server daemon's aren't setup to recognize more than two teams. Also things like static objects for additional teams would be impossible...the mission builder doesn't allow options for that sort of thing.