PDA

View Full Version : Battle of France May 1940

Zorin
17-12-2008, 18:01
As a stop gab solution until we will upgrade to 4.09, I am preparing a BoF mission.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/ZorinW/BattleofFrance.jpg

Targets will be fortifications in Bastogne for BEF and AdA, while the Luftwaffe will attack strong points and tank forces in the Gouvy and Houffalize area.

The Db-3M is a stand-in for a Whitley.

Zorin
17-12-2008, 23:48
C&C welcome :)

Zorin
18-12-2008, 19:38
Guess no one is interested. Saves me time.

MajorDamage
18-12-2008, 21:15
I've been meaning to post on this, but haven't had time to have a proper think about it, and I didn't want to speak hastily lest I say the wrong thing and you get all sensitive about it Zorin :p.

It looks interesting, but I have concerns TBH about AI fighters that require mods to fly. Especially as they have pretty weird flight/damage models. It's not normally a problem if it's bombers (and I like the idea of the Db3) but I'm not so sure about fighters. Also, some might reasonably object that they're at a disadvantage if they don't have the soundmod.

Zorin
18-12-2008, 22:04
I may be kind of ill-tempered lately, but was it really that bad? :(

I knew the fighters might face objections, but I think they want be a cause of major mischief. I tested all three planes and not one of them does show any signs of an obviously flawed FM or DM.

I think we should just test it and see how people react? I mean we can always revert to a pure RAF planeset if it is required. :)

MajorDamage
18-12-2008, 22:16
I may be kind of ill-tempered lately, but was it really that bad? :(

Lol, no not really. Any creative person is bound to be a little sensitive and protective of their work, it's all part of the deal. :) I just meant I didn't want to post without giving it a proper think and I just haven't had time to do that.

If everyone else is up for it I have no objections to it being tested. All I can say though is the 110 has some pretty impressive dive characteristics IIRC. It behaves nothing like the early 110 models which by all accounts were horribly slow and unwieldy. There used to be a Battle of Britain map on SoV that had 109 E4's and 110C vs Hurri 1 (or maybe 2, can't remember), and the blue side always ended up flying nothing but 110's.

Incisor
18-12-2008, 23:39
Looks good, lets test it.:) I guess an early Pe-2 as the Potez or the Bloch 174/175 would be overkill.

Any DB RAF skins out there?

Zorin
18-12-2008, 23:53
Lol, no not really. Any creative person is bound to be a little sensitive and protective of their work, it's all part of the deal. :) I just meant I didn't want to post without giving it a proper think and I just haven't had time to do that.

If everyone else is up for it I have no objections to it being tested. All I can say though is the 110 has some pretty impressive dive characteristics IIRC. It behaves nothing like the early 110 models which by all accounts were horribly slow and unwieldy. There used to be a Battle of Britain map on SoV that had 109 E4's and 110C vs Hurri 1 (or maybe 2, can't remember), and the blue side always ended up flying nothing but 110's.

600km/h isn't that impressive in my book. Pretty much on par with all other planes except for the Hurricane which has a max dive speed of 700km/h and the Blenheim MK.IV at 900km/h.

Plus, she isn't only easily outturned by the fighters, even the bombers can run circles around her.

Zorin
19-12-2008, 00:00
Looks good, lets test it.:) I guess an early Pe-2 as the Potez or the Bloch 174/175 would be overkill.

Any DB RAF skins out there?

I haven't found any DB RAF skins.

The Potez was something I brought up on the Lille map and Firelok and I decided that she might over too many qualities the orginal Potez didn't have. Speed and offensive armament, for example.

Sonko
19-12-2008, 02:00
Interesting, lets go for it. I wonder how it will work with the extra AI fighters but we will see I think.
Some months ago the inclusion of AI fighters would have led to a big no, but times have changed slightly.
Lets see how it works.