PDA

View Full Version : Why isnīt there any night map?

ILTIS
28-05-2009, 19:19
Hi there map-makers:), I have just a simple question: why isnīt there a night map?

Algorex
28-05-2009, 19:24
Because no one wants to fly them after the first 10 minutes.

ILTIS
28-05-2009, 19:33
hm ... but why? itīs more suspenseful than in bright daylight (with a joke of few clouds) and I think more than 30% of the battles took place in the dark in real ... and this is a sim :rolleyes: ... ok, its a game ;)

FlyingFinn
28-05-2009, 20:06
I hope this brings one problem with night missions across.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d59/GaZe9/nightmission.jpg

ILTIS
28-05-2009, 21:20
ok, that one is really very dark flying finn ;) and you have to to change tack:D* ... but its always daylight (morning or evening, and no weather ...)

* tell me/us who won the nite challenge dogfight?

NS-IceFire
29-05-2009, 04:50
Oh there is weather (various degrees of clouds and haze)....just no rain.

Basically rain and darkness scare away everyone except for a few. Some have enough trouble as it is taking off that dealing with wind, turbulence, and low visibility is too much to handle. Admittedly some computers have difficulty with the rain/thunderstorms as well.

WillEyedOney
29-05-2009, 10:33
How many fighter battles were fought in pitch black?

Oh_Frustration
29-05-2009, 12:28
How about just before sunrise with the red/yellow/rainbow-whatever-coloured stripe of light growing during the mission? If there is a map like this, make another. They are fun to fly.

eNd CrEdItZ
29-05-2009, 12:42
Oh there is weather (various degrees of clouds and haze)....just no rain.

Basically rain and darkness scare away everyone except for a few. Some have enough trouble as it is taking off that dealing with wind, turbulence, and low visibility is too much to handle. Admittedly some computers have difficulty with the rain/thunderstorms as well.

How about a map just for those of us who enjoy exactly the type of map that scares away the people with no joy in their gaming ;)

High winds, mid to late evening, full on storm blowing up and a plane set of biplanes and open cockpit only planes :) Oh and lots of ground targets for the bombers as the majority of fighters won't be able to hit a thing with the turbulence below 1000ft.

LeVola
29-05-2009, 12:53
I like nightmap or dusk/dawn. We used to have "Moonlight" map. Bf110 and He111 vs Beau and B25. It was fun with closed pit and no externals.
Many players likes instant action and dont want to fly 10-20 mins looking for enemy bombers.

Zorin
29-05-2009, 12:58
How about a map just for those of us who enjoy exactly the type of map that scares away the people with no joy in their gaming ;)

High winds, mid to late evening, full on storm blowing up and a plane set of biplanes and open cockpit only planes :) Oh and lots of ground targets for the bombers as the majority of fighters won't be able to hit a thing with the turbulence below 1000ft.

If all of them start to pay for the server, sure thing. Otherwise, we need to have maps that are fun for the majority and secure a constant and slowly growing group of paying supporters. After all, this ain't just fun and games. People like Bonehead pay a fair bit to keep you all happy without having played on the server for months. Think about it, if even school kids and students without regular income can afford the supporter fee, how come that grown ups with a regular job can't?

eNd CrEdItZ
29-05-2009, 17:47
So you don't think it would be fun?

As a side note I know how the server is funded and who for, it's hard not to notice after 8 years ;)

Honorguy
29-05-2009, 17:56
i think instead of night its better to use dawn/dusk there is a bit light then i tried in quick mission night and thats a bit to dark dusk/dawn is better

ILTIS
30-05-2009, 02:24
Think about it, if even school kids and students without regular income can afford the supporter fee, how come that grown ups with a regular job can't?

How?

impossible ... maybe grown ups with regular jobs cant handle the paypal(sry)shit ... sry maybe I m too foolish to handle that (or I have the wrong credit card) - since more than 10 years its possible to send money inside Europe (and I think the whole world) directly and I ve asked "someone" here how to tell me :fluffle: and I m still waiting for the numbers ...

any bank account has an:
International Bank Account Number (IBAN)

... its hard to join ( I don t know how) :confused:

Fergi
30-05-2009, 13:29
I propose Peenemunde 17/18th August 1943 dusk/dawn with B-24s as Lancasters that are starting/ending their night run and B-17s + B-25s which are ending/starting their daylight run.

NDS_Camp.
31-05-2009, 01:28
Maybe we should just run a few of those rain/thunderstorm and night maps for a day for the fans, i join than for sure :)

Oh_Frustration
31-05-2009, 05:57
I would join if my PC wasn't so ...py.