PDA

View Full Version : Dortmund map

UglyDuck
12-10-2009, 21:27
Hi all
I have played this map today. I think it didn't work out as it should.
Most action is at the ground target for blue. Most of the battles are at 3000m or below.
I don't understand why blue gets ju88 and he111. Both planes were not used in daylight bombing anymore at this time. Maybe replace it with F-8.
Also the TA 152 was in service in january 1945 in small numbers. At the moment it is not even limited.
In my opinion it would be better to remove the groundtarget for blue.

Sonko
12-10-2009, 22:04
Hi, thanks for your input.
You are right with what you say, this map is basically historically not very correct.
Its an old map, the planes on it were put there originally to keep it balanced, or at least this was tried.
A big no is a defence only mission for blue, such scenarios tend to be one-sided very quickly.

So basically you say, blues only fighter bombers, without the Ta152.
This should not be a problem basically.
Or what do the others say?

Fusek
12-10-2009, 22:46
I noticed the Ta152 is almost always used as a low level turnfighter, not really its intended role I think.

NS-IceFire
13-10-2009, 00:36
I noticed the Ta152 is almost always used as a low level turnfighter, not really its intended role I think.

Not its intended role but in both the virtual world and in real life this is essentially what it was reduced to. Save for a few actual anti-bomber operations where it was used in the role it was meant for.

Algorex
13-10-2009, 09:42
On a normal night it works just fine both sides have a mix of fighters and bombers, which is essential for the balance.

Defence-only maps usually end up with both sides in fighters if let run without bf gaggles as the out numbering defenders force the few bomber pilots to switch to fighters just to get through to the targets.

Also for the millionth time please please please use the SEARCH (http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/search.php) to find the relevant map thread (http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?t=10834&highlight=dortmund) BEFORE starting a new one.

Fusek
13-10-2009, 17:07
Not its intended role but in both the virtual world and in real life this is essentially what it was reduced to. Save for a few actual anti-bomber operations where it was used in the role it was meant for.

I stand corrected :)

UglyDuck
20-10-2009, 21:09
Hi
Today i played that map the second time.
Red lost. This map was so far only once won by red.
I still think it would be way better to replace the ju-88 and the he111 with the F-8. Another way would be to lock the SC 2000, SC 1600, Sc 1000 payload for the ju-88 and he-111.
More historical but not necessary is to limit the number of Ta-152 available.

P.S. Sorry for missing the other Thread

Kang
20-10-2009, 22:10
Having played it today, too, I just wondered: wasn't there previously a version of the map with P-38s taking off from the ground base (the one that issues P-40M) which where allowed rockets and bombs?

Sonko
21-10-2009, 12:42
I'll take a look when I find some time.

Zorin
22-10-2009, 16:59
What about discarding the map all together and replacing it with a fresh approach on the matter of heavy bomber stuff?