PDA

View Full Version : Berlin

Kang
23-11-2009, 22:28
Sorry, if this is yet again a duplicate thread but the only thread referring to a Berlin mission was on page 5 or so and obviously referring to another mission.

I just noticed that Berlin has been re-added to the map cycle and I more or less immediately ran into what in my opinion was not quite working out on this mission the last time around:
With few players on there are a lot of 262s around who just come by the target, drop their bombs and then circle around the red base for a while until they either decide to fly home again, get hit by heavy flak by chance or randomly crash into the ground, which generally isn't that much fun to either side (unless you are into taunting red pilots of course).
With growing player numbers the plane limitation comes in and starts putting the majority of blue players in 109s and 190s which then get torn apart by the infamous La-7.

Now I know all that «everything's down to the pilot» speech and of course I appreciate quite some work went into making it, but from previous experience I just think that map always ends up one-sided in one way or another.

So in short: am I the only one who previously had that impression? If so does anybody have a good idea on how to improve it?

Sonko
23-11-2009, 22:50
I didn't have the impression it was one sided when the server was filled, I had some situations though where lots of basecamping occured at blue base, but this can always happen IMO the effect is just stronger when we have very few objective orientated players on the server.
Maybe I should restrict the Me262's to two or three airborne at a time and set a limit to the La7 to 5 airborne at a time?

Sounds worth trying to me.

Thanks for your feedback!

Fusek
23-11-2009, 22:59
Limiting 262s is a good idea, 3 should be enough. Could you also add the Tu-2 and Il-10? Maybe restrict the Tu-2's bombload so it cant carry anything bigger than FAB500's.

System-M-
23-11-2009, 22:59
I was on that map and I was one of the 262's there was a max of 2 262's flying. We did come and drop a payload on yout base. but we then scarpered the times we ended up by your base was accident I spent 15 mins fighting trashcann before i even realised where i was I told him on comms then flew away as soon as i realised.

Kang
24-11-2009, 17:52
I didn't mean to say it has been exactly like that yesterday, just enough to make me remember it always ended up like that the last time it was in the cycle. Even that could just be that I happened to have some bad luck with it.
I know the Me-262 are limited in numbers already, not so sure about the La-7 (it probably should be, too).
Thanks for looking into i!