PDA

View Full Version : Objective_BoBBlue

Brcn
03-01-2006, 14:51
Briefing For Blue Team
15 September 1940 Tonight we shall make another trip to London (grid H7). We are again targeting London's docklands. Use the fires still burning from last night's raid to locate your target area. For protection bombers should keep together in formation, but be careful not to collide in the dark!

Briefing for Red Team
15 September 1940 Hitler and Goring have seen fit to focus the Luftwaffe's attacks on London. Whilst this isn't good for the civilian population it means that the RAF has some time to repair airfields, replenish aircraft reserves and provide better training for new pilots. Tonight we can expect another raid on London (grid H7). Targeting the enemy bombers is our priority. Be careful around friendly AAA and barrage balloons but use our searchlights to help pick out hostile intruders.

Map: Normandy2
Weather: Clear
Clouds: 1000m
Time: 21:00

Available Planes For Blue Team:
Bf-109E-4
Bf-109E-4/B
He-111H-2

Available Planes For Red Team:
HurricaneMkIIb
HurricaneMkI
J8A

Further Information For Bue Team
Targets are scattered in London (which is Caen in this map), just east of the red team's airfield. There are 50 vagons inside the buildings. Blue team has to destroy all or them in order to win the map.

Further Information For Red Team
There are no ground objectives for the red team in this mission. Red team has to defend the city and have to stop bombers before they drop their bombs.

Notes:
This map is called if blue team wins Objective_Novgorod, Objective_NovgorodBlue or Objective_NovgorodRed.

If red team wins this map, Objective_ItalyRed is called. If blue team wins this map, Objective_CrimeaBlue is called. If there is no winner, the next map will be Objective_Tirpitz.

Yellow 2
03-01-2006, 19:38
Could we add the Beaufighter as night fighter/ intruder. Not historically correct but then the Gladiator isn't really. Introduction of Beau would lead to attacks on blue air base though even though red has no ground targets!

Cheers :)

Scrappy_D
03-01-2006, 20:06
Sorry Yellow2,

The Gladiator did take part in BoB as did the Buffalo (UK designation was Martlett).

http://www.raf.mod.uk/bob1940/804to808.html

Although possibly not in any numbers ... shame we dont have the defiant, although it's prolly like flying a pregnant Hurri!

stanford
03-01-2006, 20:22
I want a Mk.I Spit. That would totally even up the map.

Brcn
03-01-2006, 20:28
Could we add the Beaufighter as night fighter/ intruder. Not historically correct but then the Gladiator isn't really. Introduction of Beau would lead to attacks on blue air base though even though red has no ground targets!

I don't think we can add a Beu here. Beu is too tough to shoot down and no bombers will survive. Plus it is a 44 plane. And while BoB, RAF never made a ground attack, except a few attacks by heavy bombers. Wellingtons, I suppose.

Brcn
03-01-2006, 20:29
I want a Mk.I Spit. That would totally even up the map.

Absolutely! Then it would be great fun to play BoB missions.

RAF_WhiteEagle
03-01-2006, 20:32
Absolutely! Then it would be great fun to play BoB missions.
That's why on BobRed we have Hurri fieldmode as Spit mk I

Yellow 2
04-01-2006, 12:46
Sorry Yellow2,
The Gladiator did take part in BoB as did the Buffalo (UK designation was Martlett).
http://www.raf.mod.uk/bob1940/804to808.html
Although possibly not in any numbers ... shame we dont have the defiant, although it's prolly like flying a pregnant Hurri!

Thanks for the info Scrappy but looking at the link the squadrons mentioned appear to be F.A.A and flying off carriers. The Martlet is the F.A.A. designation for the American Wildcat rather that the Buffalo. My reference refers to 805Sqd F.A.A. using ex Belgian B-339s in support duties rather than combat during the defense of Crete. Books aren't always right though!

Sorry back to the point Brcn. Yes on reflection I can see your point about the Beau. The RAF did in fact fly Beaus from September 1940 when 29 Sqd was fully operational with the type although if course an earlier mark.

Not trying to score points with this info just added it for interest.

Never trust a man with a book!! :D

Brcn
04-01-2006, 13:25
I know you are not trying to score a point :) There are always things one will know better than the others. The problem with the beau we have is it's being a 44 plane. It has got two 1700ish HP engines, 4 20 mm and 4 .50. It's a tad slower than E/4, with tremendous firepower.

norrismcwhirter
04-01-2006, 16:04
Hi,

Bomber command were quite active during the BoB and you are right, it was mainly Wellingtons and such like who, largely, flew without any fighter cover at all. i.e They had a mauling at the hands of the Luftwaffe.

The whole problem with BoB scenarios is the missing Spitfire & early 110 (C). I've seen the Spit substituted for early Laggs before but I'm thinking about the cannon armament and DM, I'm not so sure that's a good idea. In some ways, I think the BoF is more appropriate for what we have although that could be very one sided....109Es/Ju87/He111 vs Hurri/Glad/Hawk(?)/Blenheim(?)

Ta,
Norris

Brcn
04-01-2006, 21:04
Yes, Buffalo makes the gameplay better. So we do not need any changes on this map, let it stay as it is?

Grey_Mouser
05-01-2006, 01:22
This map is just not right without a Spitfire unfortunately...the red team gets their rear ends handed to them every time....this is a map that I change when people want to or I just join blue team and shoot em up. Sometimes I wind up on red team because the blue base is too full...I just put my time in and hope the map changes before I get shot down too many times.

The only thing I could think of that might help is to make the blue team objectives harder to bomb and put those targets closer to the blue base than the red base....blue objectives are close to red base so blue climbs and climbs and climbs while red team is close to base and repeatedly gets bounced by marauding 109's...yes some of those 109's get low and slow, but this is one map where I can avoid being shot down very easily if I fly blue.

Another thing that might be very helpful for red team is to airstart the Hurricanes...they just are no match for the Bf109's...maybe a flak trap for the Hurricanes to evade to...can't be too many guns, but maybe the right number of guns on ace settings....just a couple of ideas for equalizers.

Brcn
05-01-2006, 01:47
I totally agree on our disadvantage for making a BoB scenario due to the lack of an early spitfire model. We can always add a near equivalent VVS plane to balance the planes, but it just doesnt seem right to me.

The problem with the ace AAA is they are too accurate. They will kill all bombers and most fighters if we put them around the target area. Just make a simple mission with 2 ace AAA and fly over them, you ll understand what i mean. I can limit the range they open fire, let's say 2000m., but I don't think this will help, they will still making sniper shots at 1999m. from their targets.

We can also scatter and increase the amount of the targets, but then the map will be timing out every time without a winner. If we increase the mission time then it will be boring.

We can add the Spitv and F-4 to equilize the things, but this also doesn't seem right to me.

I will work on airstart for the hurricane.

Other than airstart, I suggest it stays as the same, as we don't have much to do due to the lack of an early spit.

stanford
05-01-2006, 03:37
I would hate to see Spits with 20mm canons on this map, I think that would ruin it for me. Historically only one Spit squad was armed with these weapons at the time, and they jammed almost every flight.

I think for the time being we're just going to have to settle for Hurris and Buff's. I'd recommend adding a second red base, however, a little further away from the target to give them altitude before they arrive.

NS-IceFire
05-01-2006, 04:12
Probably best not to overdo the BoB scenario...in a year or two we'll be ankle deep in it.

Brcn
05-01-2006, 12:51
Well said.

Yellow 2
07-01-2006, 10:28
Be careful around friendly AAA and barrage balloons and use our searchlights to help pick out hostile intruders.

Further Information For Bue Team
Targets are scattered in London (which is Caen in this map), just east of the Red team's airfield. There are 50 Wagons inside the buildings. Blue team has to destroy all of them in order to win the map.

Further Information For Red Team
There are no ground objectives for the Red team in this mission. Red team has to defend the city and has to stop bombers before they drop their bombs.

Notes:
This map is called if Blue team wins Objective_Novgorod, Objective_NovgorodBlue or Objective_NovgorodRed.

If Red team wins this map, Objective_ItalyRed is called. If Blue team wins this map, Objective_CrimeaBlue is called. If there is no winner, the next map will be Objective_Tirpitz.[/QUOTE]

Some minor changes Brcn. As before I have highlighted them as they were so few.

Brcn
07-01-2006, 11:58
Thanks for the effort, and correcting my mistakes :D

Those parts are not in the mission, they are written by me in order to give people here some information. You don't have to spend yor time to correct them. The actual briefing will be enough :)

Thanks