PDA

View Full Version : Objective_Kurland

Brcn
04-01-2006, 14:09
Briefing For Blue Team
February 1945: The Heeresgruppe Nord has now been defending Kurland against numerous Soviet attack, and it has cost Ivan dearly. He appears to have a never ending supply of fresh troops, and our recon reports that a new Soviet attack is about to start. It's mainly aimed against the cities of Frauenburg and Preekuln, where which are very important to us. The Frauenburg railway station is our main supply station for that area and probably the VVS primary target in that area. Our troops in Preekuln need protection as well. Our recon plane has also spotted a sizeable Soviet supply convoi in M18, and we will not allow these troops to join the battle. Attack Soviet troops in M18. Protect the Frauenburg railway station in N21!\n- Protect our troops around Preekuln in I17! May the Force be with you!

Briefing for Red Team
nFebruary 1945: Our proud forces are already attacking Berlin, but here in the North the Germans have set up a fierce resistance. We will brake them. Today. The Germans are short of supplies of every kind, so you are to attack a German rail facility near Frauenburg. Also our forces will attack Preekuln, where we need mudmovers to overcome German resistance. Once we take Preekuln the way to Libau is free and the German cannot be supplied anymore. Meanwhile our force are moving towards the front, and thy need aircover. Attack German railway station in N21! Attack German forces in I17! Protect our forces in M18! Good luck, comrade!

Map: Kurland Winter Online
Weather: Good
Clouds: 1500m
Time: 12:00

Available Planes For Blue Team:
Bf-109G-10
Bf-109G-14
Bf-109K-4
Bf-110G-2
Fw-190A-8
Fw-190A-9
Fw-190D-9
Fw-190D-9_Late
Fw-190F-8

Available Planes For Red Team:
A-20G
Il-2_3
Il-2_M3
La-5FN
La-7
P-39Q-10
P-63C
Yak-3
Yak-9M
Yak-9U

Further Information For Blue Team
There are totally 15 tanks, 15 artillery and 50 cars for blue to destroy in order to win the map. There is a huge convoy along the road located in M18. There are also tanks and cars near each airfield that the red side has (J/K18, O16 and Q19). Blue team has to defend their own targets which are in Frauenburg (N21). There are also some tanks and artillery to defend in I 17 (Not L ).

Further Information For Red Team
Red team has to destroy 25 vagons, 15 tanks, 12 artillery and 35 cars to win the mission. Most of the targets are located in the city of Frauenburg. The tanks and srtillery are in I 17(Not L). Two of the airfields that red team uses are not actually airfields. They are founded near a road, so you must be careful while take off.

Notes:
This map is called if no team wins Objective_Crimea, Objective_CrimeaBlue, Objective_CrimeaRed.

If red team wins this map, Objective_Desert2Red is called. If blue team wins this map, Objective_BalkansBlue is called. If there is no winner, the next map will be Objective_Singapore.

Brcn
04-01-2006, 14:09
Briefing For Blue Team
February 1945: The Heeresgruppe Nord has now been defending Kurland against numerous Soviet attack, and it has cost Ivan dearly. He appears to have a never ending supply of fresh troops, and our recon reports that a new Soviet attack is about to start. It's mainly aimed against the cities of Frauenburg and Preekuln, where which are very important to us. The Frauenburg railway station is our main supply station for that area and probably the VVS primary target in that area. Our troops in Preekuln need protection as well. Our recon plane has also spotted a sizeable Soviet supply convoi in M18, and we will not allow these troops to join the battle. Attack Soviet troops in M18. Protect the Frauenburg railway station in N21!\n- Protect our troops around Preekuln in I17! May the Force be with you!

Briefing for Red Team
nFebruary 1945: Our proud forces are already attacking Berlin, but here in the North the Germans have set up a fierce resistance. We will brake them. Today. The Germans are short of supplies of every kind, so you are to attack a German rail facility near Frauenburg. Also our forces will attack Preekuln, where we need mudmovers to overcome German resistance. Once we take Preekuln the way to Libau is free and the German cannot be supplied anymore. Meanwhile our force are moving towards the front, and thy need aircover. Attack German railway station in N21! Attack German forces in I17! Protect our forces in M18! Good luck, comrade!

Bf-109G-10
Bf-109G-14
Bf-109K-4
Bf-110G-2
Fw-190A-8
Fw-190A-9
Fw-190D-9
Fw-190D-9_Late
Fw-190F-8
Ta-152H-1

A-20G
Il-2_3
Il-2_M3
La-5FN
La-7
P-39Q-10
P-63C
Yak-3
Yak-9M
Yak-9U

There are totally 15 tanks, 15 artillery and 50 cars for blue to destroy in order to win the map. There is a huge convoy along the road located in M18. There are also tanks and cars near each airfield that the red side has (J/K18, O16 and Q19). Blue team has to defend their own targets which are in Frauenburg (N21). There are also some tanks and artillery to defend in I 17 (Not L ).

Red team has to destroy 25 vagons, 15 tanks, 12 artillery and 35 cars to win the mission. Most of the targets are located in the city of Frauenburg. The tanks and srtillery are in I 17(Not L). Two of the airfields that red team uses are not actually airfields. They are founded near a road, so you must be careful while take off.

Notes:
This map is called if blue team wins Objective_Belgorod, Objective_BelgorodBlue, Objective_BelgorodRed.

If red team wins this map, Objective_Desert2Red is called. If blue team wins this map, Objective_BalkansBlue is called. If there is no winner, the next map will be Objective_Singapore.

Brcn
04-01-2006, 14:10
Briefing For Blue Team

Briefing for Red Team

Bf-109G-10
Bf-109G-14
Bf-109K-4
Bf-110G-2
Fw-190A-8
Fw-190A-9
Fw-190D-9
Fw-190D-9_Late
Fw-190F-8

A-20G
Il-2_3
Il-2_M3
La-5FN
La-7
P-39Q-10
P-63C
Yak-3
Yak-9M
Yak-9U
Fw-190D-9

Notes:
This map is called if red team wins Objective_Prokhorovka, Objective_ProkhorovkaBlue, Objective_ProkhorovkaRed

Brcn
04-01-2006, 14:12
I don't see any problems with this map expcept it's being huge. What we can do is simply removing some airfields from both sides and gathering targets to closer locations for each team. There will still be a lot of flying time for both team as the airfields are far away from each.

norrismcwhirter
04-01-2006, 16:35
JtD has touched upon an important plus for this map in that the landscape is quite generic (making it hard for enemies to use externals to find bombers) and the map is large, allowing for bomber formations to actually reach their target.

You're also right in that a lot of people don't read the brief although Brcn and I did, the other day, and still saw not a sausage on our patrol until right at the end.

Ta,
Norris

Yellow 2
04-01-2006, 17:24
The last time I flew the map I used the A20 and attacked the railway station. I had a nice peaceful flight as all the action appeared to be on the far side of the map. Some people were asking in chat where the action was. As it is such a big map is it not set up to have two distinct games going on at either side.That appears to be the intention from the siteings of targets in relation to airfields. Not one of my favourites.

Cheers :)

Brcn
04-01-2006, 20:54
You are all right on your points. Then no changes will be done except admins warning reading the briefing more than usual on this map :)

NS-IceFire
04-01-2006, 21:44
Sometimes no action, particularly on a big map, can be a welcome change...at least for the bomber crews. Some missions in WWII were uneventful and while the server style focuses on having some "action points" where stuff happens...it definately helps to have a few opportunities not to be shot to bits every time...

As a bomber pilot anyways...

Brcn
04-01-2006, 22:29
I will make a change in the briefing, warning everyone again and with caps to read the briefing.

Yellow 2
07-01-2006, 13:33
Briefing For Blue Team
February 1945: The Heeresgruppe Nord has been defending Kurland against numerous Soviet attacks and it has cost Ivan dearly. He appears to have a never ending supply of fresh troops and photo-reconnaissance has revealed that a new Soviet offensive is about to be launched. It's main aim appears to be the taking of the cities of Frauenburg and Preekuln, which are both strategically very important to us. The Frauenburg railway station is our only means of supplying that area and is probably the VVS primary target. Our troops in Preekuln need protection as well. A reconnaissance aircraft has also located a sizeable Soviet troop convoy in M18, and we must not allow them to join the battle. Attack Soviet convoy in M18. Defend the Frauenburg railway station in N21! Protect our troops around Preekuln in I17!- Horrido!!

Briefing for Red Team
February 1945: Our victorious armies are already attacking Berlin, but here in the north the Germans are putting up a fierce resistance. Today we will break them! They are short of supplies of every kind, so you are to attack a rail facility near Frauenburg. Also our forces will attack Preekuln, where we need ground attack aircraft to overcome German resistance. Once we take Preekuln the way to Libau is open and the Germans cannot be supplied anymore. Meanwhile our forces are moving towards the front and they need air cover. Attack the Frauenburg railway station in N21! Attack German forces in I17! Protect our forces in M18!- Good luck comrades!

One more Brcn. If it is ok with you I will confine myself to just a bit of tidying up as the briefs, for the most part, are excellent and I'm not sure I could do as well :) 8/1/06 just changed spotted in line 4 to located.

Brcn
07-01-2006, 13:56
Lol i didn't even realise that sentence :D

Yellow 2
07-01-2006, 14:43
I do not know if your translation of "May the Force be with you!" is acceptable. :D

Thanks for your comment. I trust you found my changes acceptable.The definition of Horrido that I have is ' The victory cry of Luftwaffe fighter pilots. Also a greeting and parting word among friends and comrades of the Luftwaffe.' No offence to the author of the brief but I thought it more appropriate.

Cheers :)