PDA

View Full Version : Which map do you not want to see anymore?

Brcn
06-01-2006, 14:13
Hello,

I am thinking about replacing some older maps, please tell me which map you don't want to play anymore.

Thanks

stanford
06-01-2006, 14:18
May I suggest changing the failsafe map to anything but Malta. One of the lesser known maps would be good.

I think the failsafe map should be changed once a month, if possible.

bokatar
06-01-2006, 14:20
I don't mind if you replace Birmas or Tirpitz, for some reason my PC crashes when loading them.. :confused:

Edit : That sounds a little selfish isn't it.. Just forget about above.. :)

Xiola
06-01-2006, 16:26
You should fix that Bok, they are two of the best maps.

I will help you sort it out, first step, have you upgraded your graphics card drivers recently?

I would like novgorod as the failsafe as its a server filler and a map you can play with just a few people.

I am a little sick of singapore, only cos its on so often, I like malta even tho we have played it a lot, its a nice balanced map.

MajorDamage
08-01-2006, 13:31
Personally I would really like to see the Warsaw map with Stukas v P11s consigned to the dustbin. It's the only map that makes me hit the disconnect button and I don't think I'm alone in hating it.

RAF_WhiteEagle
08-01-2006, 13:54
There is many maps i dont like but many players like it. I love all maps before 42 year. On this map u must show skills not firepower.

NS-IceFire
08-01-2006, 14:30
I don't mind if you replace Birmas or Tirpitz, for some reason my PC crashes when loading them.. :confused:

Edit : That sounds a little selfish isn't it.. Just forget about above.. :)
Dude...Tirpitz is a brand new map :)

I spent ages making that one work.

Why does it crash? Got an error log?

LeadSucker
13-01-2006, 14:12
Get rid of the desert maps. I can do without all of them. Interesting when they came. Now I dislike all of them.

Xiola
14-01-2006, 11:34
Stuka vs P11 is not very exciting, but it can be over quickly so I guess its not that much of a problem.

The only desert map I dislike a lot is the Desert '41, as the reds have a very hard time fighting 109E's in a Tomahawk.

norrismcwhirter
14-01-2006, 11:50
I think the Stuka vs P11 is alright.

I disagree with the desert '41 map being overly biased. The last few times I've played it, the red side were ruling with the Tomahawks; flown correctly, they cause a lot of problems for 109s.

Ta,
Norris

Brcn
14-01-2006, 11:58
How about the BoB scenarios? we have got 3, and they cannot be very successful due to lack of an early Spitfire.

norrismcwhirter
14-01-2006, 12:20
Is it possible to set up a vote for "your most popular map" and "your most unpopular map" ? as a sticky in the normal forum (as lots of people don't appear to be making it here).

This may give us some insight into what "more" people think.

Ta,
Norris

Brcn
14-01-2006, 12:25
Yes, I will do it but i have to find 10 or so maps that seem to be disliked. We have ~5o maps in the cycle now, so it we have to thin the numbers.

Here are the candidates for most unwanted maps :

1. Objective_Tunisia
2. Objective_Warsava
3. Objective_Kurland
4. Objective_BoB (red, blue or plain, as they are all different from each other)
5. ?

Add to the list please.

And for the favourites:

1. Objective_Novgorod
2. Objective_Motherland
3. Objective_Channel42
4. Objective_Schweinfurt (not sure of this, but it is one of my favorites)
5. ?

Brcn
14-01-2006, 14:00
May I suggest changing the failsafe map to anything but Malta. One of the lesser known maps would be good.

I think the failsafe map should be changed once a month, if possible.

Failsafe is now Objective_Novgorod, thank Scrappy :)

Xiola
14-01-2006, 18:26
Oh!!!! Nice choice!! :)

Gordano
15-01-2006, 01:56
A rather unrelated request,

Could we somehow move Objective_singapore and Objective_Solomonsblue apart in the map sequence as having one pacific map lead on to another seems to be a little unpopular and particularly as they are based around the same landscape makes it all a little repetitive.

With regards to the topic in hand.

I personally think we should keep objective_warsaw as this is rather unique map and as it has been said before is normally over very quickly.

I also agree with Xiola that desert 41 can be a little tiresome trying to fight at 109 in a tomahawk.

Would it also be possible to bring back objective_balaton, the later war winter map set around the huge frozen lake. IIRC there was an issue with this map when the server was switched from 30 to 36 players because the spawn area at the red base could only handle 15 aircraft. If this is straight forward to fix I would love to see this back on ther server.

Grey_Mouser
15-01-2006, 04:50
Atm I do not like the Singapore map a lot.

yes singapore, Wazara, and BoB...

Didn't see it but I really don't like Biplanes so Spain and Sevestapol are a little yucky for me....but I may be alone....Sevestapol would be ok if the other base allowed for fighters to take off...those rocket bearing I-153's really get on my nerves.

norrismcwhirter
15-01-2006, 10:28
It wouldn't be so bad if there was an effective tool for dealing with the I153s because you seem to have to rely on PKs rather than structural failure with their DM.

Couple that with their turn rate and the effects of lag caused by the AAA over the base and it compounds the annoyance.

Ta,
Norris

Brcn
15-01-2006, 10:44
Candidates to be removed:

1. Objective_Tunisia
2. Objective_Warsava
3. Objective_Kurland
4. Objective_BoB (red, blue or plain, as they are all different from each other)
5. Objective_Spain
6. Objective_Sevastapol
7. Objective_Desert41
8. Objective_Sinagpore

norrismcwhirter
15-01-2006, 10:49
Is the nighttime BoB map still in circulation?

Ta,
Norris

Brcn
15-01-2006, 10:50
Yes, it is.

Mysticpuma2004
15-01-2006, 11:10
Anything with a Jug or P-51, that'll do nicely.