PDA

View Full Version : Objective_Smolensk2

Brcn
07-01-2006, 12:56
Briefing For Blue Team
Our great forces are heading to Moscow. Unfortunately they ha to stop near Smolensk because of heavy resistance by Soviet forces. Our intelligence report tells that enemy artillery is somewhere in grid N10. We also spot transport column on road in P11. Destroy all, and road to Moscow will be open

Briefing for Red Team
Comrade we must stop enemy forces on road to Moscow. If we fail our capital will be in danger. We will fight for glory of our motherland; remember great Comrade Stalin order:\n "Not one step backwards!!! "Reports suggest that a fascist artillery position is somewhere in grid O8, Tanks are in O12 and supply trucks are in L13.

Map: Smolensk
Weather: Good
Clouds: 1500
Time: 7:00 am

Available Planes For Blue Team:
Bf-109E-4
Bf-109E-4/B
Bf-109E-7
Bf-109E-7Z
Bf-109F-2
Bf-109F-4
He-111H-2
He-111H-6
IAR80
IAR81a
IAR81c
Ju-87B-2

Available Planes For Red Team:
I-153P
I-16type24
I-16type24_SPB
Il-2_1940_Early
LaGG-3series4
MiG-3ud
P-40E
TB-3_4M-17
TB-3_4M-34R
TB-3_4M-34R_SPB
Yak-1

Further Information For Bue Team
The blue team needs to destroy 15 tanks,10 artilleries and 15 cars to win the map. The artillery and tanks are located at N10 and the cars are along the road at P11. The blue team also has to provide air cover to its own ground forces. They are scattered around and very close to the border.

There are cars to protect on the main road at L13. The tanks are very close to the border, they are at O12, and they need immediate protection. There are more cars and some artilleries at O8. They are also close to the border.

Further Information For Red Team
Red team has to destroy 20 tanks, 8 artilleries and 30 cars to win. There are several target sites. Many cars are on the main road at L13, tanks at O12 and more cars and the artilleris at O8.

While it is important to attack these targets, red teamís ground forces are also vulnerable to attack. If not covered properly, the mission will be lost. Red team has to defend their ground forces which are on N10 and P11.

Notes:
This map is called if no team wins Objective_Solomons, Objective_SolomonsBlue Objective_SolomonsRed.

If red team wins this map, Objective_MotherlandRed is called. If blue team wins this map, Objective_MoscowBlue is called. If there is no winner, the next map will be Objective_Desert43.

Brcn
07-01-2006, 12:56
Briefing For Blue Team
Our great forces are heading to Moscow. Unfortunately they ha to stop near Smolensk because of heavy resistance by Soviet forces. Our intelligence report tells that enemy artillery is somewhere in grid N10. We also spot transport column on road in P11. Destroy all, and road to Moscow will be open

Briefing for Red Team
Comrade we must stop enemy forces on road to Moscow. If we fail our capital will be in danger. We will fight for glory of our motherland; remember great Comrade Stalin order:\n "Not one step backwards!!! "Reports suggest that a fascist artillery position is somewhere in grid O8, Tanks are in O12 and supply trucks are in L13.

Bf-109E-4
Bf-109E-4/B
Bf-109E-7
Bf-109E-7Z
Bf-109F-2
Bf-109F-4
He-111H-2
He-111H-6
IAR80
IAR81a
IAR81c
Ju-87B-2

I-153P
I-16type24
I-16type24_SPB
Il-2_1940_Early
LaGG-3series4
MiG-3ud
P-40E
TB-3_4M-17
TB-3_4M-34R
TB-3_4M-34R_SPB
Yak-1

The blue team needs to destroy 15 tanks,10 artilleries and 15 cars to win the map. The artillery and tanks are located at N10 and the cars are along the road at P11. The blue team also has to provide air cover to its own ground forces. They are scattered around and very close to the border.

There are cars to protect on the main road at L13. The tanks are very close to the border, they are at O12, and they need immediate protection. There are more cars and some artilleries at O8. They are also close to the border.

Red team has to destroy 20 tanks, 8 artilleries and 30 cars to win. There are several target sites. Many cars are on the main road at L13, tanks at O12 and more cars and the artilleris at O8.

While it is important to attack these targets, red teamís ground forces are also vulnerable to attack. If not covered properly, the mission will be lost. Red team has to defend their ground forces which are on N10 and P11.

Notes:
This map is called if blue team wins Objective_Channel42,

If red team wins this map, Objective_MotherlandRed is called. If blue team wins this map, Objective_MoscowBlue is called. If there is no winner, the next map will be Objective_Desert43.

Brcn
07-01-2006, 12:57
Briefing For Blue Team

Briefing for Red Team

Bf-109E-4
Bf-109E-4/B
Bf-109E-7
Bf-109E-7Z
Bf-109F-2
Bf-109F-4
He-111H-2
He-111H-6
IAR80
IAR81a
IAR81c
Ju-87B-2

I-153P
I-16type24
I-16type24_SPB
Il-2_1940_Early
LaGG-3series4
MiG-3ud
P-40E
TB-3_4M-17
TB-3_4M-34R
TB-3_4M-34R_SPB
Yak-1

Notes:
This map is called if red team wins Objective_Charkov, Objective_CharkovBlue.

Brcn
07-01-2006, 13:00
Hi,

I agree with people saying that the blue ground forces are very close to the border. The first sorty made by the red bombers cannot be intercepted by the blue team. I don't want to move targets' location, instead I can increase the amount of ground objectives that are needed for the red team to win the map.

As you can see there are no bonus planes for each side. Although this is not a real problem, there are no differences in three versions except the map they call.

Brcn
07-01-2006, 13:58
There is no F-4 available if it's the red version and there is no P-40E on the blue version.

The plane sets are the same on 3 versions.

Yellow 2
07-01-2006, 14:34
Briefing For Blue Team
Operation Barbarossa has begun and our victorious armies are advancing on Moscow.It is vital that we maintain our momentum. Moscow must be taken and the Soviet forces crushed before winter arrives. Heavy resistance has been encountered around Smolensk and we must support our troops in their efforts to break through. The fate of our offensive rests in your hands, succeed and the road to Moscow lies open!
Your targets are :- Russian artillery somewhere in grid N10. A transport column on the road in P11.

Briefing for Red Team
Comrades the fate of Moscow and the Motherland is in your hands. Comrade Stalin has ordered ' not one step backwards' and the brave defenders of Smolensk are even now engaged in a fight to the death with the fascist hordes. You will support them in their heroic struggle; the road to Moscow must remain closed!
Your targets are :- German artillery somewhere in grid O8. Tanks in grid O12. A supply convoy in L13

I've changed lot of this. I hope it is ok.

Cheers :)

Veta
07-01-2006, 14:46
I've changed lots of this. I hope it is ok.;) :p :D

Sorry I couldn't resist :rolleyes:

Brcn
07-01-2006, 14:49
Briefing For Blue Team
.... Moscow must be taken and the Soviet forces crushed before winter arrives......

Shouldn't it be "Moscow must be taken and the Soviet forces must be crushed..." or "will be crushed" or "then the Soviet forces are crushed"

I am not sure :D But the grammer lessons I had taken tell me to do it like this, or I ve totally forgotten :D

I've changed lot of this. I hope it is ok.

The briefing is far much better now.

Scrappy_D
07-01-2006, 15:48
It can be said in many ways, "We must take Moscow and crush all opposition ..." or "Crush all opposition/resistance and take Moscow ..."

English grammar can (upto a degree) be down to interpretation and must be really hard for 'none natives' ... its hard even for the English! :D

Grey_Mouser
07-01-2006, 16:13
Just because I like to fly it...would it be unbalanced or non-historical to add a Mig Shvak to the mix?

Brcn
07-01-2006, 22:20
I think it will not be historical, but I am not against it.

bokatar
07-01-2006, 22:43
I was outturned (100m- and slow speed) and outrun by a mig once in an F4 in Moscow map.. Hope it is not that model :(

I was so surprised i forgot to look which model it is. Maybe it was 3U, not sure though..

~DasRaVeN~
08-01-2006, 00:43
I think it will not be historical, but I am not against it.

Hmm , If we start adding aircraft into maps purely because we like to fly them where will it all end !

Brcn
08-01-2006, 01:25
As far as I know U model was not produced massly. Someone with better knowledge can enlighten us, of course.

Grey_Mouser
08-01-2006, 04:07
The Migs are probably better than they were in real life, but the Shvak is average of the bunch, but has pretty good guns. The U is the monster of the bunch and a fantasy plane and I, get mixed up, but I think it is the Am-38 that is tuned for low level that is absolutely dominant against 41 and maybe some 42 planes in speed and manueverability.

If it is not historical, then we probably aught not to put it in. I think gameplay comes before history, but where we have a good historical map that is also fun and reasonably even, lets leave it there....unless someone can provide evidence that the Mig was there. I just don't have enough knowledge of the Eastern Front.

And...with all due respect...to fly planes I want is part of why I pay for this server. Now I want to keep the integrity of maps and the balance of gameplay, but a syndicate member aught to have a vote in things like planes and maps...not just me, but everyone in the syndicate. Now obviously, the whole community needs to be serverd or we won't have anyone to fly with or against....nothing wrong with wanting to have a plane that you "like" to fly imho.

Brcn
08-01-2006, 12:27
Of course everyone has a vote, especially syndicate members. I am waiting to see more comments about a map before I do any change, event it is a small change :)

RAF_WhiteEagle
08-01-2006, 13:51
I just send other Smolensk2 map insteed of this one and 3 others

NS-IceFire
08-01-2006, 14:31
As far as I know U model was not produced massly. Someone with better knowledge can enlighten us, of course.
MiG-3U had about 6 models produced (I think that does not include the prototype). Not a huge run. Its a nice bonus plane but should not appear as a standard aircraft.

Yellow 2
08-01-2006, 15:30
How would you feel about replacing the Bf109E4 & E4b with the CR42 and the G50 to represent the Italian contribution to the eastern front. I know that they are not very competative but it would give people a greater choice of aircraft types.After all how many players choose the E4 & E4B in preference to the E7B?

Just a thought :)

NS-IceFire
08-01-2006, 15:42
How would you feel about replacing the Bf109E4 & E4b with the CR42 and the G50 to represent the Italian contribution to the eastern front. I know that they are not very competative but it would give people a greater choice of aircraft types.After all how many players choose the E4 & E4B in preference to the E7B?

Just a thought :)
I usually take the E-4...I think its lighter and turns a bit better.

I'm not opposed to adding the G.50 or something like that. We usually aren't pushing the rediculous when it comes to numbers of aircraft types on a map. A good idea is to always place some static examples so that they are pre-loaded...but that aside adding an few extra planes to a map shouldn't hurt it performance wise.

Brcn
08-01-2006, 19:09
I am going to change the map according to the wishes here and upload it tomorrow. Keep your ideas coming :) And don't worry adding more even after I upload the modified version, I will change it again :)

~DasRaVeN~
08-01-2006, 19:32
....nothing wrong with wanting to have a plane that you "like" to fly imho.

Of course not GM :) , the point I was trying to make being highlighted by your own following point ~

Now I want to keep the integrity of maps and the balance of game play

I too have a number of aircraft that I enjoy flying however I would prefer not to see them stretch their Historical boundaries into a map , Out of Chronology , Context or Theater where the designer of that map has gone to much effort to produce a Historically Accurate Map with a corresponding Historical Aircraft set .

I feel one of the strengths of UKD1 that make it so popular are its Historically Accurate Maps \ Aircraft Sets :)

Brcn
13-01-2006, 12:58
Hello,

I removed this map from the cycle, and added Kaster's new version. It has a similar scenario, with nearly the same planesets. See http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?p=97845#post97845 for information.

Thanks