PDA

View Full Version : Objective_Tunis

Brcn
14-01-2006, 13:54
Briefing For Blue Team
We lost our campaign in Africa. Our troops try to retreat to Italy, but the enemy keeps bombing harbor and ships. We must cover them. While we will cover the harbor, our bombers will bomb enemy units. Destroy units in grid D3 and BC4 -Cover Harbor in D4

Briefing for Red Team
The Battle of Africa is over. The enemy tries to escape from Africa to Italy. We must stop them. To do that you must bomb Harbor and Airbase. -Destroy harbor in grid CD4 and units there. - Protect our troops advancing towards the Axis positions in DC3 and B4!

Map: OnlineMT
Weather: Hazy
Clouds: 1300
Time: 15:30

Available Planes For Blue Team:
Bf-109G-2
Bf-109G-6
Bf-110G-2
Fw-190A-4
Fw-190A-5
He-111H-6
Ju-87D-3

Available Planes For Red Team:
A-20G
B-25J-1NA
P-38J
P-39N1
P-40M
P-47D-10
BeaufighterMk21
HurricaneMkIIc
SpitfireMkVbCLP
SpitfireMkVc4xH
SpitfireMkIXc

Further Information For Bue Team
This is a hard mission for the blue team. The ground forces to defend are located in C/D4 are well defended by AAA but they are easy to destroy as they are grouped together. With the bomb loads that the USAAF planes can carry they are not going to survive that long. The enemy planes must be intercepted before they reach their targets, at least on their second sortie. While at least 75% of the planes must stay on defensive cover for the ground forces, the rest must go for the enemy ground forces that are located in B/C4. It is not an easy task as the targets are located in the route of enemy planes. Blue team has to destroy at least 20 tanks and 50 cars to win this mission.

Further Information For Red Team
Red team has to destroy the targets that are located in C/D4. The German forces are gathered there for evacuation from the continent and there are many cars, planes, ships, tanks and artillery. To win the mission 20 tanks, 10 artillery, 25 cars and 5 ships. The target area is well defended by AAA, make sure you are not slow and donít stay there too long.

As a secondary bun not less important mission objective, red team also has to defend their ground forces located in B/C4.

Notes:
This map is called if no team wins Objective_Dday, Objective_Ddayblue and Objective_Ddayred.

If red team wins this map, Objective_NewGuinea is called. If blue team wins this map, Objective_Sevastopol44blue is called. If there is no winner, the next map will be Objective_Solomons.

Brcn
Briefing For Blue Team
We lost our campaign in Africa. Our troops try to retreat to Italy, but the enemy keeps bombing harbor and ships. We must cover them. While we will cover the harbor, our bombers will bomb enemy units. Destroy units in grid D3 and BC4 -Cover Harbor in D4

Briefing for Red Team
The Battle of Africa is over. The enemy tries to escape from Africa to Italy. We must stop them. To do that you must bomb Harbor and Airbase. -Destroy harbor in grid CD4 and units there. - Protect our troops advancing towards the Axis positions in DC3 and B4!

Bf-109G-2
Bf-109G-6
Bf-110G-2
Fw-190A-4
Fw-190A-5
He-111H-6
Ju-87D-3

A-20G
B-25J-1NA
P-38J
P-39N1
P-40M
P-47D-10
BeaufighterMk21
HurricaneMkIIc
SpitfireMkVbCLP
SpitfireMkVc4xH

This is a hard mission for the blue team. The ground forces to defend are located in C/D4 are well defended by AAA but they are easy to destroy as they are grouped together. With the bomb loads that the USAAF planes can carry they are not going to survive that long. The enemy planes must be intercepted before they reach their targets, at least on their second sortie. While at least 75% of the planes must stay on defensive cover for the ground forces, the rest must go for the enemy ground forces that are located in B/C4. It is not an easy task as the targets are located in the route of enemy planes. Blue team has to destroy at least 20 tanks and 50 cars to win this mission.

Red team has to destroy the targets that are located in C/D4. The German forces are gathered there for evacuation from the continent and there are many cars, planes, ships, tanks and artillery. To win the mission 20 tanks, 10 artillery, 25 cars and 5 ships. The target area is well defended by AAA, make sure you are not slow and donít stay there too long.

As a secondary bun not less important mission objective, red team also has to defend their ground forces located in B/C4.

Notes:
This map is called if blue team wins Objective_AutumnStorm, Objective_Kyushu and Objective_Okinawa.

If red team wins this map, Objective_NewGuinea is called. If blue team wins this map, Objective_Sevastopol44blue is called. If there is no winner, the next map will be Objective_Solomons.

Brcn
Briefing For Blue Team

Briefing for Red Team

Bf-109G-2
Bf-109G-6
Bf-110G-2
Fw-190A-4
Fw-190A-5
He-111H-6
Ju-87D-3

A-20G
B-25J-1NA
P-38J
P-39N1
P-40M
P-47D-10
BeaufighterMk21
HurricaneMkIIc
SpitfireMkVbCLP
SpitfireMkVc4xH
SpitfireMkIXc

Notes:
This map is called if red team wins Objective_Motherland, Objective_Motherlandblue and Objective_Motherlandred.

Grey_Mouser
14-01-2006, 17:10
At first, I didn't like the map because red team kept getting waxed but I kinda like it now...

The reality of the map is such that the red team objectives are closer to red base than to blue base so that makes blue team climb more than red team and they tend to enter the fray with altitude. There are some planes people just don't fly...like the Fw A-4 and I rarely see a Jug flying....

If I had a suggestion to try it would be to either give red team a spit mk IX or take the Fw A-5 away from blue...use those two as the bonus planes. The Fw is the dominant fighter on the map.....the P-38 could be if it didn't have the compressibility issues, but it just can't B&Z.

There is really an issue (in game, not map), imho, with the 43 Spit MkV...someone here has more info than I do about the Merlins, but I've tested the thing and it is very slow...real Spit MkV's in 43/44 had the more powerful Merlins and the ability to carry ordinance...I have found the match ups to be unequal...the 109G's get kicked by Mk IX's and the MkV's get kicked by anything F and up...when flown properly. The Fw's rule on almost every map they appear on :D

There just isn't a good representation of 43 spits in the game...no round ruddered mk IX and no powerful MkV....the MkV stayed in service and did well due to upgraded and more powerful engines....the best MkV is the Lf 42 version but that is strictly a low altitude version....no good without high cover.

What do we have our cloud settings on? That might be a way to offset some of the altitude advantage...do an overcast scenario to help with the low altitude planes. Clouds don't hit my framerates too bad but I have a fairly up to date rig.

Brcn
14-01-2006, 17:16
Hi,

There is a IXc in this map. I don't fly Spitfires and I am totally confused about the performance of the many models, but I think this is the most liked version. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The red team does not have it if the blue team wins the previous map.

IMO removing the A-5 will not be good, as it is the only plane that can counter the IXc. But you are right, FWs are almost unbeatable with a good pilot.

Brcn
14-01-2006, 18:10
Hello,

What's the better version of IX ? I can add it as a bonus for the red team, as they don't get any bonuses.

~DasRaVeN~
14-01-2006, 18:59
Might this be of some usage m8ty :)

http://www.mts.net/~royb/units_middle_east_1942.html

Yellow 2
18-01-2006, 17:37
Briefing For Blue Team
The battle for North Africa is lost! Our remaining troops must be evacuated to Italy. To prevent this Allied troops are advancing and their airforces are flying missions to destroy our harbour facilities and the ships embarking our troops. We must defend them!
Your mission :- Defend the ships in the harbour in grid D4 and any units nearby. Attack enemy forces advancing in grids B/C4 and D3

Briefing for Red Team
The Battle of Africa is over. The Germans are trying to escape from Africa to Italy, we must stop them! To do this we have to destroy their harbour facilities,troop ships and airbase. Our troops are advancing towards the port as quickly as possible.
Your mission is :- Destroy the harbour,ships and airbase in grids C/D4. Fly cover over our troops advancing in grids D/C3 and B4.

Brcn I've noticed that the grids mentioned in the Blue and Red briefings are not the same. The harbour is referred to as being in D4 for Blue and C/D4 for Red. The same applies to the Red ground forces. In the Blue brief they are in B/C4 and D3 and in the Red briefing they are in D/C3 and B4. I'm not sure which is correct perhaps you could alter them?

Cheers :)

[

RAF_WhiteEagle
18-01-2006, 20:22
I think i put to much red trucks and tanks.

Grey_Mouser
18-01-2006, 23:42
Intersting rating of spits...just to highlight the difference in how a person fights...I'd rate them like this...

Spit MkVIII CW
Spit MkVIII
Spit MkIXc CW
Spit Mk IXe CW
Spit Mk IXc
Spit Mk IXeHF
Spit Mk IXe

top being least like, bottom being best....I put less emphasis on rate of roll, more on turn, more on altitude performance and guns....but, you'll likely find me flying a P-38 too as long as there are no boosted 109's against J or L.

The CW's roll, but don't turn so well and stall easier. The MkVIII might be a hair more forgiving in handling, but they are not as fast. Give me wing tips for turn and climb and the guns of a IXe...the HF absolutely rules above 7000 meters...I wouldn't be afraid to fight a Mustang or a Jug up there, its just that planes so rarely get that high....if they did, the HF would be #1

Brcn
24-03-2006, 21:57
Corrected.

NS-IceFire
24-03-2006, 23:37
I'd rate the whole line of Spitfires like this:

Worst
Spitfire Vb
Spitfire Vb Clipped
Spitfire Vc 2 and 4 cannon
Spitfire LF Vb
Spitfire LF Vb Clipped