View Poll Results: My thoughts on paying to play are:

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can't afford it, 3.80 a month is far too much.

3 5.08%
  • I can't be bothered, there are plenty of free servers to play on.

3 5.08%
  • I would pay but I don't have a credit card.

9 15.25%
  • I never buy online.

6 10.17%
  • I can't get Paypal to work.

3 5.08%
  • I already am supporting the servers.

31 52.54%
  • I would but I wan't more for my money.

4 6.78%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Question To Everyone

Crazyclaws is offline Warrant Officer More Posts Than Postman Pat
    under the big rock, next to the small rock
    I'm not expecting any extra's for being a Server Supporter.
    I support the servers for the great fun I have on them, with the people that are on them.

I haven't been a Server Supporter for a few months, because I wasn't flying due to family issues ( aka Crazyclaws jr).
    This doesn't mean I think that anyone using the servers should be paying.

On the other hand, if the costs are too much, I can understand that you are looking for a better cashflow. For some people it could be the last push to contribute to the servers, if there are some extra's with it........

Oh_Frustration is offline Warrant Officer More Posts Than Postman Pat
    I voted "can't afford" because I don't play online that much that my parents would let me pay for it.

Thanks for the input guys. I used to have a business account for B-F some years back as it was run between two of us, but the rates are worse than pypal and the administration was a nightmare. B-F is hardly a business anyhow, if it was I would have gone out of it years ago.

I dont know any other online methods of payment that will work when Paypal doesnt. If you know of any please let me know.
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

I would gladly give ya some monies.....but no credit card....gave mine the chop shop sometime ago.

LBR=Barkhorn is offline Regimental Sergeant Major More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Le'me see... can anyone convert 3.80 for R$ (Brazilian Real)?

Zorin is offline General More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by LBR=Barkhorn View Post
    Le'me see... can anyone convert 3.80 for R$ (Brazilian Real)?
    12.43 BRL
    Last edited by Zorin; 14-02-2009 at 16:28.

i've dibbed in a tenner. seems fair enough, i get a lot of enjoyment from uk ded 2. can't afford to commit to a suscription, but i'll bung some your way as and when i can.

Thk you Titus, excellent stuff much appreciated.

MD Titus if you let me know the email address (by PM) you use with paypal I can set you up with supporter status for a couple of months.
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Nightshifter is offline Warrant Officer More Posts Than Postman Pat
    It might seem cheap but I had to stop being a supporter when we decided we were going to move house; things being the way they are right now we were sitting trying to justify all of our outgoings and I couldn't justify my supporter privileges since I don't even have the time to play on the servers anymore.

If things change of course I will be willing to turn "green" again

Interesting for the people without a credit card:

http://www.battle-fields.com/commsce...605#post227605

Algorex is offline General More Posts Than Postman Pat
    "In most countries and regions where PayPal is available, a Verified member has added a credit card and completed the Expanded Use process."

And you need to be a verified member to add a bank account. Germany and US aren't most countries, Finland for example is.

Hello

I like to fly at Ukded servers most Ukded1 because of object based mission etc. So I decided to donate 15 my hard earn cash for greater good.

Cheers
    Pain

If you want supporter status try and do it via the user CP next time However, I will change you to green if you PM me with the email address you se with paypal, or your real name.

Thanks

I don't get it.... No credit card = no problem.

My paypal is set up to take money direct out of my bank account. This is an easy procedure to carry out. So the paypal payment comes out of my bank each month.
    Life is like a box of chocolates.

Haven't voted as I no longer have the time to play online, but I make contributions when I can (when the missus allows)

Quote Originally Posted by akaScrappy View Post
    Haven't voted as I no longer have the time to play online, but I make contributions when I can (when the missus allows)
    Great to see you back mate
    Life is like a box of chocolates.

i would love to support but i am a student. Let me get a job 1st

Hey uh, none of these answer accurately describe why I don't pay, so here's my reason:
    I'm still in college and I don't have a minmum wage job because before my recent involvement in politics I really didn't feel much motivation to be involved in life and just stuck to playing games online in my freetime. Now that I feel like life has meaing I am willing to get a job, have money, and start paying for the things I care about, but I am hindered by the fact that my truck literally just broke down. So it'll be a few more weeks before it's fixed and I can even get a job, but at that point I could easily devote some money to this community. I can't use my parents money of course because they are only willing to pay for necessities, so that's why I'm a freeloader. A freeloading Chemical Engineer gone Computer Science, thank you. -Cakemate
    P.S. I imagine lazy college students who feel disenfranchised about the politcal future of Western Civilization makeup a large portion of online gaming freeloaders *cough* all my friends *cough*. Only recently have we discovered that we all actually exist IRL (in retrospect it sounds really stupid) and could do something, praise Kek. May Pepe be with you.