Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: rFactor

Quote Originally Posted by System-M- View Post
    They are not Minis! :P
    there proper mini's
    Teamspeak Stats Realtime:
    Click On Sig Below

Novotny is offline Brigadier More Posts Than Postman Pat
    I managed to connect to the Battlefield server last night, but there was no one about and it appeared to be stuck in a vote.

So my mate and I gave the Clio cup thing a go in single player, but we only managed three laps before reverting to F1 for the upcoming Hungary race.

I realise that F1 is difficult but this is primarily down to the damage modeling and the fact that the cars are made out of paper. We could reduce this greatly to allow for prangs.

So what I'm coming to is, could we consider using what many think is the finest racing mod ever, CDTP 2006?

Every car modeled individually as they were in 2006, Schumacher's last year. Also, whatever tech each team brought to each race, whatever changes were made to the cars is minutely modeled, alongside liveries etc. The attention to detail is amazing.

I can't stress enough how good this feels to drive. A team worked on it for a solid two years. I have three F1 mods and this easily outclasses the rest by a country mile.

right im off to rfactor server to see if i can get around cadwell in under 1.40, find it hard turning right i will be on TS also.
    Click On Sig Below

I just tried connecting, seems stuck in a vote.

should have been ok, but voteing needs to be changed so just 1 driver on server can advance sessions, and maybe force cockpit also
    Click On Sig Below

MajorDamage is offline Brigadier More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Right, finally got my rFactor 2008 edition in the post this morning. I've just read through this thread and I'm totally confused. What is the BF server running now and what mods will I need to download?

Also is there still going to be a Race 07 server as well?

And lastly, is there a mod for those little electric buggy things that old people ride to the shops on? Or at least Reliant Robins? I think they might be more in my league.

Aleksa is offline Warrant Officer More Posts Than Postman Pat

I'll give this Clio cup thing another go but I really wasn't impressed first time.

Does someone here own a Clio? I'm curious as to why we're going with this mod.

major i will be on ts all day as usual if you have any problems or questions.
    Click On Sig Below

Quote Originally Posted by Novotny View Post
    I managed to connect to the Battlefield server last night, but there was no one about and it appeared to be stuck in a vote.

So my mate and I gave the Clio cup thing a go in single player, but we only managed three laps before reverting to F1 for the upcoming Hungary race.

I realise that F1 is difficult but this is primarily down to the damage modeling and the fact that the cars are made out of paper. We could reduce this greatly to allow for prangs.

So what I'm coming to is, could we consider using what many think is the finest racing mod ever, CDTP 2006?

Every car modeled individually as they were in 2006, Schumacher's last year. Also, whatever tech each team brought to each race, whatever changes were made to the cars is minutely modeled, alongside liveries etc. The attention to detail is amazing.

I can't stress enough how good this feels to drive. A team worked on it for a solid two years. I have three F1 mods and this easily outclasses the rest by a country mile.
    you not tried FSONE 2008 1.01 ? is CDTP better you think, cheers
    Click On Sig Below

Thanks guys, took me a while to set it up but got it working now. I was having problems with the force feedback - had to set it to 'joystick' instead of 'wheel' or the rumble FX didn't work and the wheel just kept pulling away from the centre.

Nice game, love all the options and the mods etc, and very pretty graphics considering the age of the game. Force feedback doesn't work quite as nicely as Race 07 though, you don't get the same 'feel' for the car somehow.

what wheel do you have, remember if you have a logi wheel you must have feedback set to minus like -40 -100 etc, not plus + like all other wheels, also you can get FF spot on if you google, cheers
    Click On Sig Below

MD, try to push in game slider of force feedback into negative values and see if it helps.

Yay! That's loads better, thanks.

I just checked, I actually have 5 F1 mods. CTdP is by far, imo, the best :edit:: sorry, didn't answer question - yes, I have FSOne 2008, though not sure if it's 1.01.
    Last edited by Novotny; 18-07-2009 at 15:39.

Which version of the clio mod?
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Head View Post
    Which version of the clio mod?
    http://rapidshare.com/files/30921960...acers.exe.html

Just connected again, but it's stuck again at a vote.

Would anyone be interested in setting a time for a few of us to join?

Bladebender is offline Warrant Officer More Posts Than Postman Pat
    I just tried connecting.

The vote seemed to be inactive.

Same experience here.

Is anyone going to try that F1 mod I linked to? I'd love to compare lap times and set-ups. Been playing the hell out of Hungary today, it's a superb track.

I'll readily admit to having doctored the AI - 75% strength and 25% aggression.

No steering assistance, everything else on low or on (I'm on an xbox controller).

This seems to give me enough of a challenge without being infuriating.