Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: IL2 MODS LIST [last update: HSFX V7.0.3]

Scruffy is offline Sergeant Major More Posts Than Postman Pat
    This is the craziest thing. 2 minutes ago i did a last try to fire up il-2 with HSFX on, but this time i left JSGME.exe open while the game was starting. For reasons beyond my knowledge, the game started up normally! This was what caused the problem and this is what solved it.

I guess it's a fight fire with fire kind of deal... i'll check if everything is running normally just to make sure.

EDIT: Well, i'll be damned! Everything is working fine.
    Last edited by T}{OR; 12-01-2013 at 15:27. Reason: double post

airdoc is offline Sergeant Major More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post

Confession:

I remembered that last night when we joined a server that wasn't running Expert Mode i fired up JSGME and tried to disable "EXPERT mode" while the game was connecting. Not a very smart thing to do and probably the reason of this major mess-up.

Unless you gentlemen have any other ideas, i think i will reinstall the whole thing starting with the good ol' IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 DVD ROM. The bright side is that i have 7+ GB of every patch, update and mod stored so i don't need to go over downloading everything again.
    Scruffy, this is exactly what I had done to cause me my problems in the first time. JSGME mods shouldn't be turn on/off while the game is running, regardless if connecting or not. That's why I now use 2 different versions with HSFX, so that I won't have the expert on/off hassle. If this is the reason for your problems as well, a new install over stock should work fine. Just make sure to recheck the realism options and resolution/full screen/graphics settings in conf.ini if you run into any other conflicts. Having the JSGME on/off shouldn't make a difference i think, unless you still have an issue.

EDIT : if you are using windows 7, remember to install in C:\IL2 Sturmovik and not C:\program files. Also check that the il2 folder is not read-only and you have full control for read/write etc. If I remember correctly, you don't get full control by default, so maybe there is a conflict with JSGME trying to edit the folder files. And run as administrator always.
    Last edited by airdoc; 12-01-2013 at 15:06.

Yorktown Class mod added to first post. As compiled by El_Marta.

Now we have superb skins for all 3 carriers, 5 ships available from FMB in total. Each represents a skin from different period of the war. 3D model itself is identical to the previously released Yorktown (as she appeared during Coral Sea battle in 1942).
    ... my foldable "Hog Pen"

I managed to put up a set of jsgme mods in order to get a modded/modable version of 4.12 containing PAL Hud config using SASModact 5.11. This can be run on the unmodded HSFX install or any other version of vanilla 4.11.

4.12 with SAS ModAct 5.11 for JSGME

1)

a) Backup your USERS folder in the game`s root directory in order to easily reestablish your controlls and other settings, if needed.

b) Save your current HSFX Mod configuration in JSGME via "tasks" -> "save mod profile"

2)

a) Download Il2_412_INT.exe from TeamDaedalos website and extract it to Il2_412_INT. Put this Il2_412_INT folder into your JSGMEMODS folder.

b)Download the 3 SAS Modact files from http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.ph...c,35348.0.html.
    Instead of installing them to the game directory extract them to a single folder you name "SASModact5" by rigfht clicking on the files.
    Delete JSGME.exe and JSGME.ini from this SASModact5 folder. Move all the files with the SAS_Prefix from the SASModact5\jsgmemods folder to your hsfx install jsgmemods folder. Afterwards delete the SASModact5\jsgmemods folder.
    Now move SASModact5 into your hsfx install jsgmemods folder.

c) Download4.12Mods.rar and place the content in your hsfx install jsgme folder.

3) disable all mods in your hsfx install via JSGME. This should give you a clean 4.11. Check wether MODS folder is empty.

4) Enable via jsgme Il2_412_INT. This gives you vanilla 4.12.

5) Enable via jsgme SASModact5. This puts 4.12 into a modded/ modable version.

6) Enable via jsgme mods with the #SAS_ Prefix as you like.

7) Delete ".last.quick" in the QUICKS folder and start game with il2fb.exe.

8) In order to revert back to hsfx disable the mods and reenable your HSFX mod compilation via "tasks" -> "load mod profile". Replace files from USERS folder if needed.

P.S. If you want to use San's field of view changer, set WideScreenFoV=0 in conf.ini and use the #SAS_Ecran Wide for 4.10 mod instead.
    Last edited by El_Marta; 04-08-2013 at 22:36. Reason: SAS Modact 5.20 for 4.12.1 has been released see post below.

If you want to use the HSFX maps on the SASmodact5.11 for 4.12 install, put up a folder named "#SAS_HSFXmaps" in your jsgmemods folder.

Inside this folder put up two folders: first "#SAS" and second "SFS_AUTO".
    Now copy all 10 "fb_hsfxmap... .sfs" files from the root directory into jsgmemods\#SAS_HSFXmaps\SFS_Auto.

Inside the folder #SAS put up a new folder called "MAPMODS",inside this put up a folder named "MAPS".
    Now copy the all.ini file from files\maps into jsgmemods\#SAS_HSFXmaps\#sas\mapmods\maps.

Enable/ disable #SAS_HSFXmaps via jsgme as usual.

4.12.1Mods.rar now contains:
    #SAS_AG-51 LSO Cam 2.2 for HSFX6 - changes carrier view to Landing Signal Officer view
    #SAS_Avala_Planeshine_3 - more shiny plane surfaces
    #SAS_Ecran Wide for 4.10 - widescreen mod to be used instead of the of ingame one, if you use sans fovchanger
    #SAS_Mod Wheels V.5 - nicer landing gear
    #SAS_PAL-HUDConfig-4111 - bombsight mod
    #SAS_SBD_Sights - bombsights for SBD as in HSFX
    #SAS_USSYorktown
    #SAS_Zorin_Ordnance - improved visuals on loadouts
    Last edited by El_Marta; 04-08-2013 at 22:47. Reason: Release of SAS Modact 5.20 for 4.12.1 mod download adjusted accordingly

SAS Modact 5.20 has been released:http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.ph...c,36163.0.html

Set it up as a jsgme mod in your hsfx install as already described above.

Delete the old SASModact5 folder from jsgmemods folder and replace it with the new one containing the 5.20 Modact files. Before put up a folder with the stock Il2 4.12.1 files as a jsgme mod and activate after the stock 4.12 files. Than activate SASModact5.

4.12Mods.rar mods still work, except for the Yorktown mod.
    The updated Yorktown mod is contained in 4.12.1Mods.rar see post above.
    Last edited by El_Marta; 04-08-2013 at 23:11.

Thanks El_Marta for putting this pack together.

After seeing the effects preview of the upcoming HSFX7 you might be interested in this one.
    Here is a compilation of effects from SAS
    jsgme ready for HSFX6.17: http://thebombercommand.info/DEDICAT...er4.3HSFX6.rar

First enable GurnersHSFX6 and then either GurnersHSFX distance (smoke and fire visibility at maximum) or the less demanding GurnersHSFX10kdistance.
    Last edited by El_Marta; 09-10-2013 at 15:02.

The #SAS mods posted in 4.12.1Mods.rar should work with the new HSFX7 (still testing). Just rename the #SAS folders to mods and (optional) get rid of "#SAS_" in the Name of the top folders.
    Last edited by El_Marta; 09-10-2013 at 16:50.

Just about to download this mod compilation you put together El_Marta. Would you be willing to do a CV-8 Hornet only mod for HSFX 7 (both the Doolitle raid and normal skin)?

Apart from the obvious one, the PAL-HUDConfig-4111 mod, we can not do business properly in HSFX 7.

EDIT: Can't get the LSO mod to work. Anyone else?
    Last edited by T}{OR; 10-10-2013 at 18:59.

The LSO cam works on my end.

Here we go:

USSYorktownClassCarriers_HSFX7,
    AG-51 LSO Cam 2.2 for HSFX7,
    PAL-HUDConfig-v4121.

All mods are taken from sas1946.com
    Last edited by El_Marta; 11-10-2013 at 21:32.

LSO mod requires "#SAS_" to be renamed into "files". Now it works. Did not try version from your last post yet.

This wheels mod looks interesting. First time I've tried it. I do prefer the old SBD-3 sight.

Whats in the Yorktown HSFX7 mod you linked above? Have you manually added Yorktowns to "ships" file and others?

Yorktown HSFX7 contains the Yorktown, the two versions of the Hornet and the Enterprise 44. Just like in the mod for HSFX6.17. The "USSYorktownCV5_42"- folder in USSYorktownClassShipAshe_HSFX7\mods\ShipAshe\3do\ships may be redundant. You may deactivate it by renaming it to "- USSYorktownCV5_42" and see if it works also.

The LSO mod also works if you rename the second level "#sas"- folder into "mods". "#sas_" was in the name of the top folder. You could rename this top folder to anything you want, without any consequences for the functionality of the mod.

The name of the top folder is just a title or a name. The data below this top folder, - i.e. the second level folder - , is copied into the il2 root directory when activated via jsgme. Accoding to this, the data will go into the il2 root directory's "#sas", "files" or "mods" folders.
    "#sas" and "files" are the folders the SASModact wrapper.dll is reading from. HSFX's wrapper.dll reads from "mods" and "files". Ultrapack's wrapper.dll reads from "#UP#" and "files". "The "mods", "#sas"# or"#UP#" - folders have the prerogative over the "files" - folder. Within these folders the alphanumerical sequence of the third level folder-names determine the prerogative of the files contained in the third level folders. Thus f.g. mods\0\bla will be used instead of mods\a\bla.

If you rename the second level "#sas"- folder to "files" it will work also, but it is bad "modding hygiene" to write into "files" folder. The idea is to keep the "files" - folder untouched. Thus in case of emergency, purging the "mods" - folder results in a clean HSFX7 base mod.

I would recommend using the LSO mod I uploaded today.

Apart from the wheel mod there are jeromimo's engine cowling (and spinner) fixes at the SAS_Site. I highly recommend this mod , because it very much improves the 3d models of the planes. Parts of it are already contained in HSFX7, but not all. You can use the HSFX6 version. If you want to use this mod, you have to delete the P47D folders under \mods\HSFX 6_fix Cowling Engines & prop\3do\plane or your canopy will look weird. Do not use when playing SEOW campaigns.
    Last edited by El_Marta; 11-10-2013 at 21:37.

Thanks for explaining that. I've put in your latest compiled mods now. Midway mission runs just fine.

The reason why I am asking about Yorktown is the answer I got on 242nd forums: there is a limited number of objects that can fit into IL2 apparently. This is why Hornet didn't make it in (and unlike Big E, it actually had a different superstructure).

EDIT: I would feel much safer if someone adds the needed lines to the ships and other .ini files like I did back when the mod was released originally. We can also dispense with the "Midway" and "v1.0" mods since the skins that were done later on and are included in the subsequent mods depict accurately how these ships appeared in given years.

I've also activated EFFECTS low, the 4.12 effects look pretty decent to me and will give them a try for a while. I like the flak puffs in particular.
    Last edited by T}{OR; 11-10-2013 at 22:22.

EDIT: I would feel much safer if someone adds the needed lines to the ships and other .ini files like I did back when the mod was released originally. We can also dispense with the "Midway" and "v1.0" mods since the skins that were done later on and are included in the subsequent mods depict accurately how these ships appeared in given years.
    This is what I did. I used Install option 3 from the original mod's readme (add ".rar" extension). These are the "USSYorktownClassSTDExpert_HSFX7" and "USSYorktownClassSTDNonExpert_HSFX7" parts of the mod.
    I just added the skins as optional. I think the "CV-5 USS Yorktown 1942 v1.0 beacon PRE-WAR & Midway-Skin " mod is obsolete too.
    We may deactivate or leave out the stationary.inis, because this changes are optional.

Also using a "bigger memory il2fb.exe" might help, if you run into trouble (I am using a self made 4GB one):
    http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3781

To use the Yorktown mod activate "USSYorktownClassShipAshe_HSFX7" and then "USSYorktownClassSTDExpert_HSFX7" or "USSYorktownClassSTDNonExpert_HSFX7" depending on wether Expert Mode is enabled or not.
    Last edited by El_Marta; 12-10-2013 at 09:41.

From: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.ph...c,30299.0.html

Edits are required to ship.ini, chief.ini, stationary.ini and technics_ru.properties. Refer to the detailed instructions. Aditional optional edits may be added to ship.ini (located in root\Mods\STD\i18n (do not confuse with ships.ini))
    Is that what you did with the HSFX7 normal and expert files?

We only need the CV8 '42 and "D" mod, the CV5 & CV6 '42 are already in HSFX7.

This is from the read me. There is no ship.ini in the com folder.:

This is Option 3.
    This is for those of you who have installed asheshouse Yorktown Class carriers before and have installed the USS Yorktown CV-5 AND USS Enterprise CV-6 1942. This Option will install the other three ships available - USS Enterprise CV-6 (1944 version) and USS Hornet CV-8 (two versions).

Back up the following files before installing this mod!!!!!

Chief.ini
    Ships.ini
    Stationary.ini
    These files are found by this path: rootfolder>[#DBW OR Mods OR #SAS OR #UP#]>STD>com>maddox>il2>objects

technics_ru.properties
    This file is found by this path: rootfolder>[#DBW OR Mods OR #SAS OR #UP#]>STD>i18n

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To start installation the folder "ShipAshe" should have already been installed in the appropriate folder in your game: il2rootfolder>[#DBW OR Mods OR #SAS OR #UP#]. If it has not been done yet go back and read the README inside the "Yorktown Class CVs" folder.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that the text installs are numbered "1st install," "2nd install" etc. Insert the text into the proper files in this order. The reason for this is that, over the years, I've found you can insert the Ships.ini text without installing any other text in other files and still be able to run Il2. I have also found you can insert the text at the BOTTOM of the Chief.ini file and the game will also still run. So, after installing this block of text you can go and run Il2 if you wish.

So, with all this mind - here we go.....

Open the file "1st install - ships_ini text.txt" and follow the short instructions at the top of the file. There are instructions for the subsequent text installations in each file as you install it so you can close this README now.
    Believe me, I did exactly what was needed to be done.

P.S.: this is just the Hornet. CV6-44 is removed from the ini_files and only the Hornet is left in the 3do-folder:
    USSHornet_HSFX7
    Last edited by El_Marta; 12-10-2013 at 11:40.

Like a boss, respect!

Tried the USSHornet_HSFX7 and MDS Midway works as advertised. Thanks!
    Last edited by T}{OR; 13-10-2013 at 11:32.

First post updated. I've set the mods according El_Marta's files and compiled them into one optional pack for DBS guys.

Download and extract into your jsgmemods folder. ...And Bob's your uncle!

Now I need to get a hold of Hoodoo to set BFs3 accordingly.