Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team Fusion first patch has been released ;)

Just been playing, Hurricane Mk1 Rotol 100oct, up at 21000ft no problem nice and smooth, hammered a couple of 111s avoided a 109, good stuff, very very playable now.

Thank you!

Scruffy is offline Sergeant Major More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Doing any flying tonight ?

airdoc is offline Sergeant Major More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    Doing any flying tonight ?
    Smurfy or anybody else, I 'll be online tonight at 18:00 GMT for some CLOD action. Do join in! Scruffy will be there as well.

"No attempt at balancing per se has been made"

I have a question on this one Mystic, if there`s no balancing why is virtually every blue fighter on ATAG maps a 100oct fuelled E4?, did the Germans really have that much 100oct fuel during BoB , I`m no expert but I thought they used 87oct.

Airdoc I`ll probably be on around 7pm UK time mate.

Mysticpuma2004 is offline Sergeant Major More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Hi Smurfy.

"No attempt at balancing per se has been made"

Currently we want all players to have a chance at using all varieties of the aircraft. The thing is if you lock down on certain aircraft (limit their availability) then we get less feedback from those who would fly them. Currently this is a very active testing area for players to see if they can find any bugs we have introduced in the patch, which is a release patch not another 'beta patch'. However no-matter what you do or try, there will always be a couple of issues we missed, or something that slipped through the net. We are hoping that by not limiting the plane-sets available that a variety of players will test and try ouy various aircraft, and if a real issue is found, we want to act on it.

If I may post from another forum, I think this should give you all hope for the future

Quote:

To put it bluntly the effects coding is not nice to work with at-all. It would appear that many effects share resources and so fixing something, breaks something!

Currently (unless you are the only person on the planet who has no issues with slowdown!?) many of the effects that are in the simulation 'destroy' fps. Easiest example is to get your aircraft behind an enemy (or friendly), set an engine on fire. Choose the 30-degrees angle of view (narrowest angle) and fly into the smoke. LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYY!!!!!

Other effects such as water spray when the aircraft hits the sea also cause issues. The Cliffs of Dover coding is hugely different to 1946 and it's pain in the butt working out, what does and doesn't improve fps. However FPS is the most important factor BUT this doesn't mean the 'candy' needs to go, it just needs to be highly optimised.

Without giving anything away and not to do with effects as such, some of the textures that were re-worked to approx. 1mb (after TF work), started off in the Vanilla game at around approx. 32mb! Now you would not notice the difference visually....but your PC certainly will!

I'd like to point out again that everyone on TF is an enthusiast of Flight Sims, we have been there through the difficult early days of CloD, we've seen all the requests on the Banana Forums, we've also seen the flame wars started too!

Our passion and interest is to make Cliffs of Dover THE flight sim it should have been (even at the last official patch) but we can't promise all things to all players. We are a team dedicated to improving the flight experience, we want to play it as much as you do, we want it to have the features that the community does, but let's be realistic. A paid for team (1C) put the software together and even with funding they were still unable to please all of the community.

We are not paid, this is a hobby, a passion and a personal endeavor that we hope fixes most of the stuff we (and the community) considered broken. It's not going to happen overnight, it's not going to happy in a month, but please understand, whatever we do, it is done so that more players (even with lower end machines) can enjoy the best WW2 combat flight sim currently available.

Yes we want it done, yes we want it done now! But compared to the way the sim was left after the final official patch, I hope you will agree, we are moving forward at a good pace and so-far the community seems impressed and interested in what the future now holds for CloD.

It has been amazing to watch the tidal wave of interest swell as news has spread about the latest patch. I read many forums where it was thought we would break many things and 'could we really make a difference?'.

I hope you will see, yes we can make a difference and we intend to carry on this way. But we aren't a paid for team sat in an office all working day-in, day-out on this, we, like you have real lives and real commitments and as much as we would like to give you a patch every month, that is certainly unrealistic.

I read on one post about players being 'bored' with the current map. It's a fair point, but would players rather have had CloD finish at the last official patch, or would they have Team Fusion come in and give them a new map....and then complain that the FM's are still porked and we can't fly at altitude properly. The CEM is broke, the AI is....etc, etc..?

These are stepping stones for a dedicated and (IMHO) talented team of individuals, all from your flight sim community who have a dedication and passion to make this Sim work. Just give us time and let us prove that any fixes/additions that we do, really are intended to help and benefit all members of the (growing once again) CloD community

Our motto "Keeping the dream alive", really is what it's all about for us

Cheers, MP/TF

End Quote.

I hope that explains that we really are working for the good of all those of you and us who are interested in Flight Simming?

Cheers, MP

I love what you`re doing and have been trying to get more playing since the release of that fantastic patch, I fully appreciate the efforts of the team and even though I have no idea of the complexities of the code I can clearly see that the progress made has been magnificent.

It wasn`t a dig at ATAG btw, I questioned the use of a 100oct 109 because it was probably either not involved in BoB , or played a small part, I couldn`t see the point of adding an effectively boosted performance 109 when the E4 was already a decent aircraft. On the flipside was the Spit IIa widely used in BoB???, in which case if it wasn`t a reasonable amount of balancing is fair enough. Anyway I love what you`re doing and keep up the good work, flight simmers are always a questioning bunch after all. I also understand the need to let the masses test the aircraft in the field so to speak, to gain more feedback , makes sense.

Scruffy is offline Sergeant Major More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Had a great time in ATAG server last Sunday with Smurfy and airdoc. Big thanks to the guys that worked on the patch. In my rig (AMD Phenom II x6 1055T, Raedeon HD 5670) i noticed the following, Stock: almost everything set to low and 1920 x 1080 resolution = 18 - 28 FPS. With TF patch: exactly the same settings = 34 - 45 FPS.

I've got to say dogfighting in CLOD is a whole different experience. You've got to constantly think about the welfare of your engine and set it properly prior and during each maneuver. Also the necessity of maintaining your energy during a fight becomes clearer. This makes things a lot more interesting. In il-2 you can perform "loosely" and stress your machine above it's true limits. Now a wrong decision could irreversibly destroy your engine. A detail i loved was the addition of sun reflections. This immediately brought "planespotting" closer to reality. Definitely worths a try.

Yellow 2 is offline Brigadier More Posts Than Postman Pat
    The patch has made a big difference to the game on my PC. Even at low altitudes the landscape doesn't cause the game to slow down.

The only downside I've found so far is that we are no longer told the details of the damage we have inflicted on enemy aircraft. A pity as this was a feature of the vanilla game I really liked. I've not been using tracer with RAF planes. Although adding an observer round after every ten rounds of ball in two of the guns can give some indication of hits, being told exactly what damage had been caused was often the only way to know how well, or not, I was shooting.

Is the patch giving people more fps at the cost of lower quality graphics or not ?
    Teamspeak Stats Realtime:
    Click On Sig Below

Yellow 2 is offline Brigadier More Posts Than Postman Pat
    QUOTE=Daytrader;299620]Is the patch giving people more fps at the cost of lower quality graphics or not ?[/QUOTE]

I've not seen any evidence of this on my PC. In fact I've reduced the resolution of the CRT screen from 1600X1200 to the native resolution of 1280X1024 and I'm now using 8X AA to reduce the 'Jaggies'. Most of my settings are medium and aircraft are readily identifiable by shape well outside my 200 yard gunsight setting.

I`ve not noticed any degrading of graphics, I run mine on high and medium and it`s excellent.

Cheers guys, may have to install soon.
    Teamspeak Stats Realtime:
    Click On Sig Below