Thread: Team Fusion Update - October 16th 2013 - Patch v4.00 Promo Video release - link

Mysticpuma2004 is offline Sergeant Major More Posts Than Postman Pat

Team Fusion Update - October 16th 2013 - Patch v4.00 Promo Video release - link

Before anyone asks what happened to the readme, it's on it's way we're just putting the final touches to it and then that will be released as-well.
    Originally the video was going to be released the day before the Patch, but then we realised that only a few people would watch it before they got access to the Patch anyway, so it would be less effective.

With that in mind the link will follow for the video in a few more lines of writing from now

So today has seen a flurry of activity. Lots of final tweaks, recompiling of the Release Version (for another round of final testing) and all is looking good. No game-breaking bugs, all is looking promising. Currently we are looking at solutions to get the software linked and available (don't worry leave that to us) so we can get this out without the internet catching fire and Flight Simmers jumping from buildings!

To give you an idea of how things can fall apart and then quickly be fixed, a bug that came to light was with new aircraft. One of the new variants could be setup in the FMB so it spawned at 300k/mh and then it's way point was the same. on launching the mission, the 'said' aircraft had it's speed reverted to '0' kph an d it dropped like a stone until the Ai managed to recover it about 10m off the deck! that would have been fun for the mission builders! Well that and a few other irritating bugs have been well and truly squashed and it's looking set for friday as release day...yay...we can have a sleep!!! (well TF can for about an hour before we start getting questions about 'everything' we suppose

With that in mind, here's a short video, detailing just a few of the new additions. Cheers, MP/TF

?

Obviously this should be in the CloD thread...sorry chaps. Any chance it could be given a little nudge in the right direction?

Cheers, MP

Novotny is offline Brigadier More Posts Than Postman Pat
    If the stuttering has not been fixed, I won't bother with it at all.

Has the stuttering been fixed?

edit: I don't really expect a response.

Wow Novotny, why don't you expect a response?
    All footage shown was captured 'real-time' as it happened. The resolution was 1920x1200, 2xAA (in-game), 16xAF, FSAA, with everything apart from building amount on Very High. Roads, Grass and Shadows enabled, Clouds 3x draw distance. So all the eye candy on!
    My system is reasonable but not "Uber" consisting of:
    Intel i7 950 @ stock speed 3.06Ghz
    6Gb Hyperthreaded Corsair 1600mhz Ram
    Nvidia GTX 670 4GB at stock speed

As you can see....no stutters. One of the most concentrated efforts was to include a vast array of effects while saving FPS.

With all of the effects listed above and VSync on, I never dropped below 30-fps (which I locked FRAPS at to record with.

So in answer to your question..yes, it's gone

Cheers, MP

Thanks chap. I've moved it.
    out of interest are many people still playing this? I have a grand total of about 2 hours of flight time on it.
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Atag is still quite crowdy, it seems like it reaches 50 players everyday and 100 the week end
    The game is really enjoyable now if you fancy hunting do17's above channel.

There are still few bugs but nothing that really kill the gameplay anymore. The most enjoyable thing is that it looks very very good
    If a plane looks good, it flies good

I wonder what will happen to it once BoS arrives?
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

I don't think the gameplay will be very comparable, Clod being more like a study sim and BoS more like IL2 so i don't really think the players will move from one sim to the other. But we will see...

Sorry I don't know what you mean by a study sim? Lots of folk who bought IL2 tried CLoD, and were disappointed. Like you say we will see but it will be interesting.

Study sims are simulations that give a bit more control to the virtual pilots with features like clickable cockpits and stuff and having a gameplay more orientated toward realism with less clues and no external views etc... eg: Falcon 4.0 and DCS:A10C are study sims...

I was disapointed too in 2011 when clod was released, it was really messy, but lot of things have been corrected by 1C and team fusion's work brought a lot of improvement too.

Have a little flight on Atag server, take off with a spit from manston climb to 20k feet and go find yourself a pair of Ju88 above the channel and you will understand what i mean. That game has a aweful story but it's the best warbird simulation so far in many aspects...

Study sim is yet another another term used to divide a small community, I puke when I hear it, I imagine a whole bunch of nerdy little "better than you" people all sitting there frothing at the mouth when they move the mouse to click the little switch that turns the gauge that no one can read on...stick that where the sun don`t shine. These are probably the same sorts who turned up for training in their Adidas Predators, full Man U kit and a Nike Premier League ball but ran off when the council estate kids ran rings round em in ten bob trainers. The FM for BoS is being done by the same guy who created AFM for DCS, no you won`t be pressing every button in a highly realistic study fashion by moving your mouse across the screen and hitting the right key, but neither will you puke when you pull big g`s, you won`t crap yourself when the bullets hit, you won`t burn to death when the nose fuel tank in your Hurricane ignites but hey ho if that mod comes out I`m sure you "study simmers" will all rush to buy it won`t yah???????????? cos that is was REALISM is really like.

Still it's different, the task you are doing during the flights are differents and you have to think differently... You are just playing a different game.

I never said that i don't think BoS flying models will not be realistic. I meant that you'll probably don't have to focus on your same fashion as IL2:1946.

And i think it's very cool to have a fully model aircraft in wich you learn new things everyday, it gives a lot of satisfaction.

I`m sure you "study simmers" will all rush to buy it won`t yah???????????? cos that is was REALISM is really like.
    I'm interested in any kind of simulations, if i think BoS will bring me some fun so alright but no one will say i'm gonna rush to buy it... i'm just a nerdy little "better than you" one after all...

Quote Originally Posted by SMURFY1967 View Post
    Study sim is yet another another term used to divide a small community, I puke when I hear it, I imagine a whole bunch of nerdy little "better than you" people all sitting there frothing at the mouth when they move the mouse to click the little switch that turns the gauge that no one can read on...stick that where the sun don`t shine. These are probably the same sorts who turned up for training in their Adidas Predators, full Man U kit and a Nike Premier League ball but ran off when the council estate kids ran rings round em in ten bob trainers. The FM for BoS is being done by the same guy who created AFM for DCS, no you won`t be pressing every button in a highly realistic study fashion by moving your mouse across the screen and hitting the right key, but neither will you puke when you pull big g`s, you won`t crap yourself when the bullets hit, you won`t burn to death when the nose fuel tank in your Hurricane ignites but hey ho if that mod comes out I`m sure you "study simmers" will all rush to buy it won`t yah???????????? cos that is was REALISM is really like.
    Hmmmm, got to be honest, I am not a super serious 'study sim' player. I just like my environment to be realistic looking and visually immersive and reasonably easy to play. I switch the clickable cockpit off and assign keys like I did in the original Il2.

As your quote says though Smurfy "Who cares anyway!"

Cheers, MP

Chuff me Smurf firing on all cylinders! Let 'em have it Smurf! LOL

It must be your age mate, we are all turning into cynical grumpy old men I just wished the CLoD team had waited for me round the back of the pub and mugged me for the money at least that way I could have had the satisfaction of taking a swing at them

Quote Originally Posted by SMURFY1967 View Post

You know how easily the Smurf rocket is set off Adi, this community has changed beyond all recognition imo, I used to come here and me and Finn would be ripping the piss out of each other, Vapour and Topper would be involved, Scrappy would be the voice of reason, LeV would be drunk and singing on TS and very few of the folk gave a flying monkeys whether the switches moved or the FM was 100% right, it was a game with your mates, most of the time was spent winding each other up or taking the piss, that`s all gone for me. TF is doing a great job with CloD, I like that game immensely, I`m also in the MP camp of playing, if it looks good , flies reasonably properly and no-one is cheating I`m happy that`s probably why I have no affinity with the DCS crowd whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma2004 View Post
    Before anyone asks what happened to the readme, it's on it's way we're just putting the final touches to it and then that will be released as-well....here's a short video, detailing just a few of the new additions. Cheers, MP/TF
    Digressing to the reason this thread exists, and it's original good nature and attitude, thanks MysticPuma for sharing. I'm sure most of us appreciate all the hard work you and your affiliates put in over the years, the accomplishments and contributions to the community.

Though I don't play some of these games, the positive efforts your posts represent are a true testament of progress.

Thanks and cheers.
    Why be normal when you can be happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Head View Post
    It must be your age mate
    Nah, man's got a new bird by the sound of it. The frustration is seeping through like garlic butter from Novy's loins on a 14-14 CS night.

What you been up to anyway Smurf, ye old fart? Did some bird really unman you and now you come here to flapper yer big, pouty lips to the wind?

Scruffy is offline Sergeant Major More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Cool stuff MP thanks for all the work.

4:26 - 4:32 Oil sprays out of the engine, a metal panel on the leading edge of the wing blows off and bounces off the side of the cockpit. Bits and pieces fly all over the place... beautifully destroyed.
    Last edited by Scruffy; 18-10-2013 at 10:36.

LOL Fin

Smurf come and play CS with us mate, at least until BOS comes out, we have fun, its all very good humoured, like it always is, come on you old fart lighten up Fin even puts up with us.