Thread: Server

Server

Im thinking the best thing to do is to concentrate on one server and get it sorted before we fire up any more.
    Does anyone have any missions they want to test at all?
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Tx_Tip is offline Captain More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Agreed,

Working on mission here as is Shamrock. Hopefully have one ready for testing by the end of next week.

We (DBS) flew yesterday on the server for 3 mission rotations with no problems. Same mission though. Perhaps put up the twb frontline assault mission and vld frontline evening or vld frontline new along with the one playing now for some variety until we get some of our own straightened out.
    Just a thought.

Hi Tip,
    I switched it to just the one mission as the server was crashing. I will add another standard mission to the rotation and make a not of whats on the rotation in the syndicate area.
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

All good,

We're on the scoreboard.

I'm way behind Tip. I'm trying to build something but I still barely have any idea what I'm doing. It's getting better however!
    "I used to be Ice but it's just too cold outside so call me Shamrock and hope it's a lucky call sign."

What is the deal with a ranked server? Is there somewhere you can see the fruits of your labour?

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Head View Post
    What is the deal with a ranked server? Is there somewhere you can see the fruits of your labour?
    Don't know,

Ive been experimenting today but not really got anywhere. Rise of flight used to have an fbdj type thing that let you get stats to a web page. The guy whow developed it says hes not doing the same for BoS. If someone is switched on with python I have managed to get rcon working on the server.

I think it goes onto your profile on the IL-2 website or maybe it will?

http://il2sturmovik.com/stats/campai...amrockonefive/

But all I see there right now is my single player stats. I have 3 online kills and I don't see a section for that yet.

I think with a ranked server you also only have the weapons you've unlocked via single play while unranked I believe lets you have everything.
    "I used to be Ice but it's just too cold outside so call me Shamrock and hope it's a lucky call sign."

Well ive never played single player and i dont have any stats

Years ago I needed a database building so we could have one of those modern websites, I asked a guy and he wanted about $120 an hour to build the database! (back in 2000) so I bought a book and did it myself, like I have done everything else over the years. Maybe I need to try and learn a programming language to make our own stats page but I am busy at work. I'll see what I can do.

Wardy?

This what I am finding out on the Ranked vs Not Ranked Bone..

Ranked Servers
    Stats are recorded and will be published on the Main BoS Website when this is implemented. Still a work in progress AFAIK.

*Custom Missions not being loaded with Ranked Servers.
    Looks like it is related to global statistics being on, try ranked=0 in the sds file.
    This will of course be very relevant for our purposes. As I'm not sure if this negates any Statistics being forwarded to the Main BoS Website from a Non-Ranked Server. You just may have to build that Stats counter.

*The difficulty settings are non-adjustable on Ranked Servers. Either Expert or Normal apparently.
    Makes sense.

*Won't allow you to use custom skins.
    This of course would come into play for the 2nd Server. Not sure if you want skins on for the Standard or UK_1 BoS Server.

Should have a mission ready for you to upload to the server and begin testing by tomorrow. Will send via PM.

I cant get the mission to run for some reason, im running short on time right now as I have to go to work

===== DeathMatch mode =====
    ===== Dedicated server =====
    Brief info:
    Max clients = 49
    Login with UserName 'bos@battle-fields.com'
    ... Login success
    Server is being created
    ... Server name '--Battle-Fields.com UK1'
    Loading mission 'Multiplayer/C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\GumrackDF_Test1\Gumrack_DF_Test1.mission' (Multiplayer/C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\GumrackDF_Test1\Gumrack_DF_Test1)...
    !!! ERROR: Mission not found
    !!! ERROR: COULDN'T LOAD MISSION Multiplayer/C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\GumrackDF_Test1\Gumrack_DF_Test1
    ... Server name '--Battle-Fields.com UK1'
    Loading mission 'Multiplayer/C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\GumrackDF_Test1\Gumrack_DF_Test1.mission' (Multiplayer/C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\GumrackDF_Test1\Gumrack_DF_Test1)...
    !!! ERROR: Mission not found
    !!! ERROR: COULDN'T LOAD MISSION Multiplayer/C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\GumrackDF_Test1\Gumrack_DF_Test1

Off to work here myself. Will include the .mission file in all further and redo the FTP zip later today when I get back.

*Apparently you can create a .mission file to open within the editor on any .msnbin by:

Opening the direct path of the mission file.
    Eg. you have Gumrack_DF_Test1.msnbin in your folder,
    The editor browser wont look for it, as of the extension.
    So type manually Gumrack_DF_Test1.msnbin in the editor browser to open it.

Probably a pathway issue as its not finding the .msnbin. Or perhaps it doesn't like the underscores _.

This might be a double post but in hurry. We'll get it.

Server Mission Rotation Test in progress.
    2 mission rotation.
    New Test Mission Kalach and Gumrak.
    Fingers Crossed.

Nice one!
    Im hoping to get into the server room next week to sort a dedicated machine out for BoS, the server load did increase with the alterations to Bumcrack but I havent seen it that busy so cant comment with how its coping

Nice one!
    Im hoping to get into the server room next week to sort a dedicated machine out for BoS, the server load did increase with the alterations to Bumcrack but I havent seen it that busy so cant comment with how its coping
    Which is why I'm hoping that when the DBS Crewe piles in tomorrow we have lots of company so we can give both of these a proper run through and put some stress test on the server.
    All good.

Busted I think, choose plane , just get that circle going round but nothing happens.

It happens on all servers smurf, i think you just have to kill it with task manager and try again. I find if i do an airstart and that happens I can actuall fly the aircraft round the map LOL