Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Server

Server

I didn't have time to play last night but as I did my rounds checking things I noticed the server was being used by a few folk.
    now we have 2 servers should we try different settings on each?
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Yes I think so Bone.

Am in the process of setting Victory conditions for Gumrak along with more messages for Kalach which will direct players to what is going on without Icons.

My idea is for having one of the servers with Full CEM, and no Icons but the Speed Bar, external views enabled. Additionally the Base radar and Map would still show the player for navigation purposes. The GUI Targeting for these Maps is pretty specific so navigating without Icons should not be a problem. Much as in BF3 and BF2 for that matter. The Full CEM and no Icons appears to be appealing for many players. So I think we should tap into that.

I have gone ahead and made the UK_1 Server the Full CEM, No Icon Server.
    Will do some flying on it later tonight and if all good will post as such on the BoS Server Forum.

So basically have one that is close to Normal mode and one that is close to Expert mode? That works for me.

If I may suggest... UK_1 should probably be the Normal mode if we want to be familiar with our previous server arrangement.
    "I used to be Ice but it's just too cold outside so call me Shamrock and hope it's a lucky call sign."

Quote Originally Posted by ShamrockOneFive View Post
    So basically have one that is close to Normal mode and one that is close to Expert mode? That works for me.

If I may suggest... UK_1 should probably be the Normal mode if we want to be familiar with our previous server arrangement.
    That's about right. Neither is the extreme.

UK_2 has the new gear and should perform better over all with more players. Certainly there's a way to change the names on the Master Server list if that is the consensus of everyone here.

I can say that playing for a short time with the new settings for myself made for a much better experience but that's always been my preference.

always switched the engine mangement automations off and usually also got rid of the icons.
    I guess there is no way to have externals enabled only when you are on the ground.

If you guys nee any help with anything just shout, I am getting into a bussy part of the year with work but I will always try my best
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Tip View Post
    That's about right. Neither is the extreme.

UK_2 has the new gear and should perform better over all with more players. Certainly there's a way to change the names on the Master Server list if that is the consensus of everyone here.

I can say that playing for a short time with the new settings for myself made for a much better experience but that's always been my preference.
    That does make sense given the hardware... yeah. Are we going with the UK_X "branding" (sorry to bring marketing/comm speak to my hobby ) or calling them Battlefield1, 2, etc. Or something else? I guess it could get confusing with the old IL-2 and new IL-2 servers. Phew!
    "I used to be Ice but it's just too cold outside so call me Shamrock and hope it's a lucky call sign."

Okay done deal. As listed on the Master Server.
    UK_1 is Normal Settings... New Gear Machine
    UK_2 is No Icon CEM Settings... Original BoS Gear Machine

Market away Should we run something up the flagpole and see who salutes it?

Yes we should Bone, am off to make the Post on the BoS Server Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Head View Post
    Market away Should we run something up the flagpole and see who salutes it?
    Yes, absolutely
    Awesome. If you need a ringer I'll go post some replies to it!

Looks like we have a stickied thread over there. Nice work!
    ... my foldable "Hog Pen"

Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by ShamrockOneFive View Post
    Yes, absolutely

Awesome. If you need a ringer I'll go post some replies to it!
    Actually we could use some folks making replies across the BoS forum about the servers. I don't peruse the General Discussion or most of the others but mention there would be a good thing should the Topic be around Multiplayer and we fit the bill.

Folks flying and more Missions will get noticed.

I was just thinking about the server names, surely having them named the same as the old IL2 servers isnt a bad thing? No one can join the 'wrong' server and if they are familiar with the old servers then they at least might be tempted to join our new ones?

Both Servers have been updated to Version 1.011 and are up and running.
    Last edited by Tx_Tip; 22-04-2015 at 23:37.

Thanks, I'm sat in a taxi on my way home. It's the busy season for me at work so I rely on others to help out, without whom there would be no b-f.
    cheers!

UK_1 will be under password protection for several hours today due to some mission testing.

@Bone...

I am unsure of the upload/download speeds for the BoS servers. And worse am clueless as how to find this info out.
    Help

Oops to clarify....
    I mean the actual server computers upload/download speeds...

Need this to optimize the BoS D-servers settings.

Thanks
    Tip
    Last edited by Tx_Tip; 14-05-2015 at 16:34.