Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Server

Tx_Tip is offline Captain More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Thanks Bone...
    I know you probably had to run out there and do a restart. Its appreciated.

Things usually go wrong over christmas, when people want to play so I have spent plenty of time here when I should be at home.

Anyhow, im here again sunday afternoon.

Ive rebooted the server but never sure which file to run when I reboot it. It seems to be happy anyhow.

Im now searching for a backup battery for the raid controller so hopefully it will at least reboot on its own.
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Server and stats have been updated to latest version. Added the sewing machine to KubanDF mission.

Nice one
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Is the server on BoS much used? There doesn't seem much activity on it. The reason I ask is that the 'usual' servers seem so loaded with players on the axis side that it makes enjoyment untenable. Complain about it and you suffer all kinds of abuse. i was thinking, there must be room for a server which enforces balance. I'm pretty ignorant of the technical issues of running it and of mission building, but I intend to learn the latter. I know from conversations I've had it could be populated. On another matter it is always great to see DBS on those servers and Kaiserb tonight, though he probably won't remember me

Quote Originally Posted by remer1957 View Post
    Is the server on BoS much used? There doesn't seem much activity on it. The reason I ask is that the 'usual' servers seem so loaded with players on the axis side that it makes enjoyment untenable. Complain about it and you suffer all kinds of abuse. i was thinking, there must be room for a server which enforces balance. I'm pretty ignorant of the technical issues of running it and of mission building, but I intend to learn the latter. I know from conversations I've had it could be populated. On another matter it is always great to see DBS on those servers and Kaiserb tonight, though he probably won't remember me
    Glad I am not the online who noticed the utter unbalance, followed by BS reason why it is good for everyone.

Our BOS server was mainly used for FNBF organized by Tip. He is currently not able to fly due to personal reasons (moving house). When he gets back we will resume with the FNBF.

Hop over to DBS Discord if you wish to fly more with Kaiser and the rest of us. Invite: https://discordapp.com/invite/BseXCZe
    ... my foldable "Hog Pen"

I got myself into your Discord, said hi and played around with it for a while, hope to see you and others there soon.

I had some annual leave Monday & Tuesday so tried a couple of other BoS servers.

Several of the busy servers had similar dificulty settings to our BoS server.

Was T-A-W the heavily axis biased server?
    T-A-W is German but maybe the problem with inbalance is also down to the registered preference of users
    They ask you to register on their site with your preference for either allied or axis and type of plane - fighter, bomber or attack.
    I'm not sure if that registration is tied into the server but if I selected the other side or the wrong type of aircraft I got kicked.
    It was heavily biased to allied on one map.
    It did also have individuals who liked base vulching.

Another server with full arcade settings was busy but not really my thing.

We need to find a niche for our server to attract traffic.

I'm happy to have a go at producing extra missions but need an example to help me get it right, the BoS mission editor is rather complicated.

"You're not a fighter pilot! What about your top button?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bladebender View Post
    We need to find a niche for our server to attract traffic.

I'm happy to have a go at producing extra missions but need an example to help me get it right, the BoS mission editor is rather complicated.
    Niche and people who will fly and admin the server in prime time hours. I can do two days a week tops, and with a youngster in the house that can sometimes be pushing it.

I'd love to see some of our old UKDedicated type of missions running in IL-2:GB again. Not sure if it is possible to do black icons only for friendlies...

Good thing is we're finally getting some changes on the MP front. Word is there will be a new air-marshal functionality before summer (I hope).

I want to find and download/print that mission builder instructional that's out there in pdf format, then have a bash at building some. I've been chatting to others who used to fly on UK/BF's servers in the 1946 il2 and they'd certainly populate one if it was working. Once a few folks join others tend to follow. Having had a taste of the new sim now I think there certainly needs to be more variety server-wise.

I fully agree that all servers could use more variety. They are all running similar missions. The main problem is lack of proper MP interface which has gone backwards to what we had with the '46.

Perhaps Tip and Marta can help you out if you wish to start making some missions.

Quote Originally Posted by remer1957 View Post
    I want to find and download/print that mission builder instructional that's out there in pdf format, then have a bash at building some. I've been chatting to others who used to fly on UK/BF's servers in the 1946 il2 and they'd certainly populate one if it was working. Once a few folks join others tend to follow. Having had a taste of the new sim now I think there certainly needs to be more variety server-wise.
    Check your email
    Why be normal when you can be happy?

Just out of interest why is the server only used for the friday night missions is there anything we can do to make it friendlier to others guys for the rest of the week?

The Server is running a set of decent missions provided by Tip, but no scripted campaign sequence. Usually when we join a couple of people join also. Basically you just have to play on the server and it gets populated.

Is it a big deal to run a scripted mission on a server?

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Head View Post
    Is it a big deal to run a scripted mission on a server?
    Yes...

LOL oh right why is that?

These servers are running a self programmed system which keeps track of ressources and progress of troops. If you want to check them out I would recommend f.g.:

Finnish Virtual Pilots: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...s-dynamic-war/ (my personal favourite)
    Coconut Dynamic Expert: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...rt-and-normal/
    TAW:https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...tical-air-war/

Best we (i.e. mainly Tip) can currently do is provide a series of missions with objectives somilar to KOTA: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...player-server/

I am a bit busy trying to fix my 737 sim right now so dont have a lot of time to read all the thread you linked to. I skimmed the early pages and the last ones.

Is it some self developed software that runs the war or is it included somehow in the standard server? I remember there was something similar in the original IL2 but it was a real pain to set up and look after so we never bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Head View Post
    Is it some self developed software that runs the war or is it included somehow in the standard server? I remember there was something similar in the original IL2 but it was a real pain to set up and look after so we never bothered.
    Those servers in the links above use a Self developed program which utilize the remote console and other functions within the Dserver software itself. Involved and above my paygrade.

===========================================================

UK_1 Server has been updated to latest v.3011