Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Server

Tx_Tip is offline Captain More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by T}{OR View Post
    Thanks Tip. What is the reason behind hotfix being needed? Not much time to check the patch and red the forums this week - fill me in please...
    Something about certain folks cannot use the QMB and/or in game Campaign but that may of been due to heavy server use during the initial release.
    Additionally different altitudes really affect the boiling temperature of water inside a closed loop radiator seems to be under discussion.

These changes are a good thing:
    =========================================================

24. Projectiles now can be stopped by trees;

33. While driving, AI now takes into consideration all nearby vehicles instead of the vehicles of its group only;
    34. AI has learned how to control the advanced (player controllable) tanks, they can be used in missions;

50. A rare crash in multiplayer has been fixed (it could happen when Pe-2 series 35 lost its wing).
    51. The game server and clients won't crash when a player controlled tank impacts the ground, for instance, after falling from a damaged bridge;
    52. Multiplayer net packets won't slowly increase in size over time;
    53. Multiplayer net packets now have their CRC checked, this should improve the data transfer stability;
    54. Net load decreased by optimizing the data packets carrying graphical effects data;

=========================================

DServer and stat-system updated to latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Marta View Post
    DServer and stat-system updated to latest version.
    Thanks Marta.
    Kuban DF mission updated with latest A/C and 8000m spawn points for high altitude dueling.

Hopefully most of the stuff is up and running again after the last outage
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

The server is not accessible for me at the moment. At least Battle-Fields.com is up again.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Marta View Post
    The server is not accessible for me at the moment. At least Battle-Fields.com is up again.
    Thanks for getting the BF site up Bone.
    Ditto though on the BoS server. Unable to gain access via remote.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Tip View Post
    Thanks for getting the BF site up Bone.
    Ditto though on the BoS server. Unable to gain access via remote.
    I just logged into 195.89.36.6 with remote and started the FTP server as well. Is that the one not working?
    Why be normal when you can be happy?

OK just fill me in on what exactly you cant connect to? I know there seems to be an issue with one of the bos servers not coming back up after a reboot. Maybe that is the issue?

Which server is up and which isnt? Ive got a very important day at work tomorrow so im having an early night but should be around on tuesday.
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

I dont know if its any good for you now but the Bos2 server which is a virtual machine seems to be up and running.
    Probably out of date though.

I will do my best to keep you guys in the air though so just bear with me please.

Hi Bone, I think we unfortunately need BOS1. The one who's IP ends with ".5".

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8190 mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by El_Marta; 26-11-2018 at 21:48.

UK_1 is the stronger machine which can run the heavier FNBF Dogfight missions. IP: ".5" This is the server which is down and used by the BoS community.

UK_2 is the weaker machine. Can still run very rudimentary missions but at this time cannot be updated due to a possible full disk or some other issue. IP: ".6" Additionally I cannot gain access to this server due to some encryption error which cropped. Possibly on my end. Don't know. Frankly players have not used this machine for quite some time even when it was viable and had ICONs Easy Flight etc...

As usual thanks for your efforts.
    Tip

Server should be back up

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Head View Post
    Server should be back up
    It is. Tip is having problems logging in because of an update. It involves Oracle Encryption for Remote desktop. I'll try to help him with it. I know the fix.

@bone What was the problem? Hope it's not broken.
    Why be normal when you can be happy?

UK_1 updated to latest version. Running.
    Thanks Bone!!!!

Thank you.

Bloody power went off again today

I left my access card in the server room last time I was there so I cant get into the servers until tomorrow when i can get someone to let me in.

I do have UPS for the servers but the batteries are all getting knackered and I dont have the money to replace them so any spike are just taking them ofline.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Head View Post
    Bloody power went off again today

I left my access card in the server room last time I was there so I cant get into the servers until tomorrow when i can get someone to let me in.

I do have UPS for the servers but the batteries are all getting knackered and I dont have the money to replace them so any spike are just taking them ofline.

Well that sucks all the way around. Having to go out there whenever. How much do you need ($$$-wise) for the Batteries?

I dont know to be honest. Ive bought them in the past they arent particularly expensive but I think the BOS 1 server needs an intenal battery for the raid controller. It fails to come back up automatically in needs me to go and press F1 to get it to boot

Im going to have a bit of time off this month now so I will look into things. Im tempted to host the web server on Amazon depending on cost.

The old IL2 machine is dead in the rack with hard drive failures. The other machines are all short of drive space so I use another old server to provide drivespace with Iscsii but that cant boot from a usb stick so I have to boot from a cd then i have to type some commands in to get it working which is why the stats servers arent working for BF1.

I need to spend a couple of days servicing and moving stuff round. That siad its pretty much dead in here so it seems a bit pointless. Ill do some thinking. Be assured though I will do what I can. Id like to get back into playing games with folk again now all the work stuff is out of the way.

Just to be clear on this.

Will you be able to restart BOS_1 for use later today and tomorrow?