Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Server

Glad it worked, right back to work I do a have a couple of days off coming up though!
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Head View Post
    Glad it worked, right back to work I do a have a couple of days off coming up though!
    You flying tomorrow with us? We could use another Yak driver.

Always a slot open for you Bone.

Cant Im afraid working :/
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Both Servers updated and running...
    However have not redone the missions within the resetting the terrain... Getting a strange color for the Landscape. All the snow and Buildings are now a deep Blue.
    Can someone else who has updated just jump on sometime today and check if this is just me?
    Will go in over the next few days and redo the missions according to resetting the Terrain.
    Thanks,
    Tip

Yes, I can confirm Blue Meanies have taken over.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Marta View Post
    Yes, I can confirm Blue Meanies have taken over.
    No doubt. A lovey shade of Blue I might add.
    I'll need to redo some things in the missions and re upload to correct.
    Thanks for checking Marta.

Blue for me as well, its also blue on other online servers! single player ok.

Okay were back up and running with 3 Missions per server. Will be doing some adjustments to the other Missions as well as adding some new ones from Friday Night Bomber Flights in Dogfight Form.

So all in all looking good I think.

Thanks for looking after this lot Tip, I'm still really busy at work and will be for the holiday season. However if you need anything from me just give me a shout.

Well it would appear that only 1 mission, (Velikie), is able to be played without getting a "warning" about too much going on.
    This is somewhat discouraging but fixable with regards to the larger missions and of course Friday Night Bomber Flights. Guess it's a good thing I posted that we will be taking that two week hiatus.
    Whatever was done within the update has seriously upped the load on the servers with regards to Complex triggers and moving objects with players in the game.

Both servers are up with the 1 Mission running.
    Last edited by Tx_Tip; 09-07-2015 at 01:36.

One of the servers is very powerfull I would think, the other is only 2 core and is possibly going to struggle.

One of the servers is very powerfull I would think, the other is only 2 core and is possibly going to struggle.
    It's all good Bone. Both servers are running well. Missions just need to be leaner now.

Actually the FNBF Mission we just ran with 40+ players didn't get the "warning" when I tested it last night after doing some minor corrections. So that was certainly encouraging.
    The Server Dogfight missions will just need to get trimmed down and further streamlined. Something they have been needing anyway.

Just guess on my part but I think the reason for the added stress is what they are doing with the terrain and preparing mission makers for the upcoming Summer and Autumn Maps. Which look fantastic. But I would guess comes with a CPU price.

Tip you are a star mate!

Without folk like you and the others who work on maps, fix and admin the servers there would be no online community. I know people appreciate the work of the syndicate members but as we all know, most people join forums to bitch and moan rather than say thanks.

Long may it continue!

Tip you are a star mate!

Without folk like you and the others who work on maps, fix and admin the servers there would be no online community. I know people appreciate the work of the syndicate members but as we all know, most people join forums to bitch and moan rather than say thanks.

Long may it continue!
    +1

There are 3 missions now running on the servers.
    They could use a thorough rundown along with how the servers are handling them.
    We, [DBS], should be flying on them this Friday around 19:00 UTC. So if you have the opportunity join us.

baaa im working Friday

Just a heads up Bone. We had one of our most populated FNBFs last night. The server performed without a hitch. I think we are getting the hang of it.

Get some time off and join us on one of these.
    Tip

Great to hear Tip!
    "I used to be Ice but it's just too cold outside so call me Shamrock and hope it's a lucky call sign."

Quote Originally Posted by ShamrockOneFive View Post
    Great to hear Tip!
    Definitely a work in progress.
    You should join us too sometime Shamrock.

Which server did you use? I can't recall which one is the more powerful.

im glad it ran ok. Time off is unlikely, work rang me twice while I was on holiday asking if I would turn in to work and help out!