Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Server

We use UK_1 which is the more powerful server.

Right, well I would have been worried if that couldnt cope
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Bone,
    Gonna need your expertise in getting the UK_1 and UK_2 sorted out again. We had a self inflicted blow out with the .sds on UK-1 with everyone waiting for the mission. In an effort to get it back up and running I got a little hasty and ended up just switching the .sds from UK_2 over so we could get started.
    Tip

====================================================================================================

Edit.

Okay got it sorted out. I put a working .sds for each server in their respective Mission Folder called Safe.sds. So if this happens again just copy and paste the text to the Bin\Game\ServerCustom .sds called bf1 that's not working.
    Then you can <Manage SDS> then <Load> the bf1 .sds through the server GUI. Make needed adjustments then <Save and Close> then <Open> the now adjusted bf1 .sds and the Server should Login and start running.

****These backups must be updated whenever there is an official Game and/or Server Update.

All good,
    Tip
    Last edited by Tx_Tip; 10-09-2015 at 20:43. Reason: Bin\Game\ServerCustom .sds called bf1 is proper path. <Manage SDS> <Save and Close> then <Open> the bf1.sds within the GUI starts the server.

Glad you got it sorted im in the middle of a run of night work and am just heading off now :/
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Both Servers updated to Version 1.103
    .SDS and Startup.CFG Backed up.

thanks tip

I've installed the New Dservers for testing on both UK_1 and UK_2 with a huge difference for the UK_2 server CPU. If you have a chance during the week jump in and report any funkiness.
    Thanks,
    Tip

An improvement then?

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Head View Post
    An improvement then?
    For CPU usage there is a noticeable difference on UK_2. Basically from 95% down to 15%. For how much one can have going on within the mission and how that relates to continued smooth gameplay the jury is still out. If anything it should create more stability for the players and the servers. Which is what I believe it is supposed to accomplish.
    Be putting up and testing the next full blown FNBF mission over the next couple evenings and we'll see how that goes.

I await the results with interest!

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Head View Post
    I await the results with interest!
    We had a few more disconnects during FNBF than usual but on the whole the server handled the load so the stability factor is there for that. There has been reports from others of discos' so new Dserver still a work in progress.

As far as the ability to add much more in the Mission. Still pushing that to the limit. CPU, Bandwidth all have a factor in this as well.
    There's going to be a new update soon so that will in itself change things up again. For myself its hard to gauge if we're getting the most out of our equipment through tweaking the server settings as I can do the ME and run the server but am a little weak in the hardware aspect of it.

All good and we are having a blast with the sim. Have seen a few more folks on the servers as of late. So that's a positive.

Good stuff.

Both servers updated and were running before I left.
    Hadn't had to mess around with the new stuff. So no tank battles yet.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Top job thanks.

Both Servers updated to Version 1.106.

Thanks guys!

Servers updated to 1.107b

Thanks chap

Servers updated...
    Small bug detection patch.

How are the stats behaving?