Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Server

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Head View Post
    How are the stats behaving?
    Still tweaking these to a certain extent. So far they are working very well.

I did not notice anything unusual. Currently only the Website with last Friday missions' results is being served.

Stats are not processed and displayed in realtime. Instead a log.txt file is produced in small chunks during the mission. Once the mission is completed the chunks are compiled into a single log.txt file. This is done by the game itself, if you set the according flag in the startup.cfg file.
    The log file is picked up and parsed by the stats.cmd programme which feeds the relevant data into a database. This happens when the mission is finished. The stats.cmd will be run tonight after FNBM has ended and then shut down again.

I see so there is no database requirement. Maybe someone will implement that at some stage.
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Servers have been updated to 1.201c.

Nice one thanks
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Servers have been updated to 1.201d.

Danke Marta.

Apparently the update corrects the game crashes/freezes. Lets hope so.

Tip, would you mind testing the stats system during your test? I just need a one mission txt logfile set in order to check wether my updating worked out.

Servers are running 2.001 now.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Marta View Post
    Servers are running 2.001 now.
    Thanks Marta.
    Apparently there is an Icon Bug with the new Update.

Until they get this fixed then here is how to see the Targeting, Frontline Icons on Dogfight Servers.

1. Join the Dogfight Server
    2. Spawn in an aircraft with your load out as usual.
    3. Once spawned access your Interface settings through ESC -> Setting -> Basic Options. Change any of the Interface settings (Instrument Panel, Minimap Size, ect) <ACCEPT>.
    4. Get back to the mission screen and press O to check your map. Icons should now be displayed as supposed.
    After Icons appear you can change settings again to what you had before, they should stay.

*** Changing settings in the main menu does not solve the issue. You have to be on the server.

The UK_1 Server will be running roaming_gnomes Vluki Map "Glory Awaits This Morning" over the next several days. Drop on in and give it a shot.

Tip

Servers are running 2.002 now.

Thanks

Servers are running 2.002b now.

I've gone ahead and installed Battle of Moscow on the UK_1 server.
    Server now runs 9 Mission loadout restricted rotation which includes 3 missions specifically for the Moscow Map.
    2 of the 3 Moscow missions use BoS aircraft so folks can check out the new map even if they don't own BoM. Several of the BoS Map missions in rotation use BoM aircraft.
    Missions run 75 minutes unless victory conditions are met by one side or the other.

See ya's,
    Tip

UK_2 server should now be able to run BoM missions as well now. Will need to create a new practice mission for this map to go along with the Stalingrad one.

Tip

Updated the servers and transferred essential missions to new format.

Nice one. Im so far behind with these now I wouldnt know where to start

Have you got a link to the server software in case I need to rebuild one?

Actually you have to ask for a free account dedicated to the dedicated server .
    See instructions below the list of changes in this post http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/.../#entry236340:

And of course dedicated server is one of the key parts of the update. Everyone can now run their own multiplayer mission. Note that at this stage weíre offering you a Beta version of the server software which implies some simple rules of its use.

To start a server you need to be authorized on the Master serve with a game account. And since it is not possible to play and host with the same account simultaneously, you might need an extra account. But of course you donít have to buy a new key for this purpose - you can use one of our specially prepared Dserver accounts. To get login and password to such account you need to submit a request at our Customer service helpdesk.

Attention!

To get your ticket processed please follow the following template precisely:

login to your account at http://il2sturmovik.com/

follow this link https://il2sturmovik...upport/request/

put this as the ticket title: DSERVER please

enter the text of the ticket as follows:

Hello!

Please, provide me with a special account that I would like to use to host a dedicated server. I know that such account would not let me play the game and that it doesnít have planes on it, and I acknowledge that such account is the property of 1C Game Studios.

send this request and wait for response;

receive the account credentials and put them into the .SDS server configuration file.

And attention once more!

Giving out the extra dserver account takes time, so Iím afraid some of you may have to wait until tomorrow, because our customer service guy needs to sleep sometimes too.

FYI:

The file with .SDS extension saves all the settings of your server. A mission can be saved as .MISSION, or .MSNBIN - for ranked servers. To help you to get to know the new features we suggest you take a look at the configuration files that we used on the BOS EU Normal server. The archive that you can get via this link contains the following files:

BoS_MP_RD.msnbin - mission file

BoS_MP_RD.eng

BoS_MP_RD.ger

BoS_MP_RD.rus - mission description files

BoS_MP_RD_EU_normal.sds - server config file

Is it different to the accounts we already have? I seem to remember registering for two in the past